SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #25 - 19/06/2023

Question 1: Which element is the most abundant in the Earth's crust?

Oxygen makes up about 46.6% of the Earth's crust. Combined with other elements, it forms various minerals known as silicates and oxides.

Question 2: In which Australian state was cricket legend Sir Donald Bradman born?

Sir Donald Bradman, often referred to as "The Don," was born in Cootamundra, New South Wales, in 1908. He is widely regarded as the greatest cricketer of all time.

Question 3: Who is the alter ego of DC Comics superhero Batman?

Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne, was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger in 1939. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy who turns into the crime-fighting vigilante Batman at night.

Question 4: When was Buddhism founded?

Buddhism was founded by Siddhartha Gautama, who later became the Buddha, in the 5th century BCE in India. It has since spread throughout Asia and the rest of the world and has over 500 million followers globally.

Question 5: In what year did the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act take effect?

The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Act was passed in 1975 to provide protection and conservation for the Great Barrier Reef, which spans over 1,600 miles (2,600 kilometers) and is home to a diverse range of marine life.

Question 6: The 1963 film "Cleopatra" starred Elizabeth Taylor in the title role, but who played Mark Antony?

The 1963 film "Cleopatra" was directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz and is widely known for both its grand scale production and the off-screen romance between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton that began during filming.

Question 7: What is the name of the legendary creature in Scottish folklore that is said to inhabit Loch Ness?

The Loch Ness Monster, also known as Nessie, has been part of Scottish folklore since the 6th century. This mythical creature is often described as a large, long-necked aquatic animal. Despite numerous searches and reported sightings, no substantial evidence has been found to prove its existence.

Question 8: Where did the opening ceremony of the 2000 Summer Olympics take place?

The opening ceremony for the 2000 Summer Olympics took place in Sydney, Australia on September 15, 2000. Australia welcomed over 10,000 athletes from 199 countries during this international sporting event.

Question 9: If you are eating "damper," what traditional Australian food are you consuming?

Damper is a simple soda bread made with flour, water, and salt. It was traditionally baked in the hot coals of a campfire by Australian stockmen and bushmen during their travels.

Question 10: The Berlin Wall was built in 1961. In which year did it fall?

The Berlin Wall, which separated East and West Berlin during the Cold War, was brought down on November 9, 1989. The wall stood for 28 years and its fall marked the beginning of the end for the Soviet Union and communist rule in Eastern Europe.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #25
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #25
Question 2: 🟩

Wooo hoo finally !! These questions were easy and did it in like 10 seconds
Well done! Especially with #1, I found that one a bit tricky! 👏👏👏

Reactions: RTS
I got 6 right, as
I find a lot of the questions obscure or tricky. Eg: silica is the most abundant mineral, but that wasn't the question. Oops.
Don Bradman's birth state? I suppose cricket aficionados would know that.
There's always next time, so I'll keep trying!

where do you find the answers
@chips The answers are shown as soon as you select an answer, if you are correct your answer changes colour (blue?), if you select wrong your answer turns red andd the correct answer turns green ..... you'll soon work it out, just jump in and give it a go.
What @Wandiwa said is pretty much it! Hope you enjoy, @chips! :D

Reactions: Wandiwa
I got 6 right, as
I find a lot of the questions obscure or tricky. Eg: silica is the most abundant mineral, but that wasn't the question. Oops.
Don Bradman's birth state? I suppose cricket aficionados would know that.
There's always next time, so I'll keep trying!
It's weird how that was the same thing I thought after #1 :LOL: But I love the spirit @RTS! 💪

• Wow