SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #207 - 19/12/2023

Question 1: Who was the ruler of the Maurya Empire at its zenith?

Ashoka the Great ruled from circa 268 to 232 BCE and is remembered for his role in spreading Buddhism across ancient Asia after his conversion, which was influenced by the aftermath of the Kalinga War. His edicts on pillars and rocks are some of the oldest preserved historical documents on the Indian Subcontinent.

Question 2: In which country was the International Criminal Court (ICC) established?

The International Criminal Court is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It was established in 2002 to prosecute individuals for international crimes such as genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes.

Question 3: What musical period is Ludwig van Beethoven often associated with?

Ludwig van Beethoven is a pivotal figure in music history, bridging the Classical and Romantic periods. His compositions reflect the transition from the formality of the Classical era to the expressive nature of the Romantic era.

Question 4: Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?

Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel between 1508 and 1512. It is one of the most renowned artworks of the High Renaissance. Contrary to popular belief, Michelangelo painted the ceiling while standing rather than lying on his back.

Question 5: Which country won the first FIFA World Cup in 1930?

Uruguay won the inaugural FIFA World Cup in 1930 when they hosted the tournament. They defeated Argentina 4-2 in the final to become the first nation to lift the trophy.

Question 6: What is the standard distance of a marathon race?

The distance of a marathon was standardized at 26.2 miles (42.195 kilometers) during the 1908 London Olympic Games to allow the race to start at Windsor Castle and finish in front of the royal box at the Olympic Stadium. The half-marathon is 13.1 miles (21.0975 kilometers), whereas 100 kilometers and 50 miles are ultra-marathon distances.

Question 7: Where was actress Nicole Kidman born?

Nicole Kidman, although known as an Australian actress, was actually born in Honolulu, Hawaii, while her Australian parents were temporarily in the U.S. on educational visas. She holds dual citizenship of Australia and the United States.

Question 8: Who wrote the play "A Streetcar Named Desire"?

"A Streetcar Named Desire" premiered in 1947 and is considered one of Tennessee Williams' most famous works, along with "The Glass Menagerie." The play received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in the year it was released.

Question 9: Which movie was the first to win 11 Academy Awards?

"Ben-Hur," released in 1959, won a record-breaking 11 Oscars. This record was later matched by "Titanic" in 1997 and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in 2003.

Question 10: Which philosopher is famous for the statement "I think, therefore I am"?

French philosopher René Descartes's statement "Cogito, ergo sum" in Latin, or "I think, therefore I am" in English, can be found in his work "Discourse on the Method" from 1637. This phrase is a fundamental element in Western philosophy, as it provides a self-evident truth that is supposed to be the foundation of knowledge.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #207
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
WOW SOME GOOD GUESSES IN THAT LOT

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #207
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #207
Question 5: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #207
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥

poor result today🙃

Ashoka the Great ruled from circa 268 to 232 BCE and is remembered for his role in spreading Buddhism across ancient Asia after his conversion, which was influenced by the aftermath of the Kalinga War. His edicts on pillars and rocks are some of the oldest preserved historical documents on the Indian Subcontinent.

Question 2: In which country was the International Criminal Court (ICC) established?

The International Criminal Court is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It was established in 2002 to prosecute individuals for international crimes such as genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes.

Ludwig van Beethoven is a pivotal figure in music history, bridging the Classical and Romantic periods. His compositions reflect the transition from the formality of the Classical era to the expressive nature of the Romantic era.

Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel between 1508 and 1512. It is one of the most renowned artworks of the High Renaissance. Contrary to popular belief, Michelangelo painted the ceiling while standing rather than lying on his back.

Uruguay won the inaugural FIFA World Cup in 1930 when they hosted the tournament. They defeated Argentina 4-2 in the final to become the first nation to lift the trophy.

The distance of a marathon was standardized at 26.2 miles (42.195 kilometers) during the 1908 London Olympic Games to allow the race to start at Windsor Castle and finish in front of the royal box at the Olympic Stadium. The half-marathon is 13.1 miles (21.0975 kilometers), whereas 100 kilometers and 50 miles are ultra-marathon distances.

Nicole Kidman, although known as an Australian actress, was actually born in Honolulu, Hawaii, while her Australian parents were temporarily in the U.S. on educational visas. She holds dual citizenship of Australia and the United States.

"A Streetcar Named Desire" premiered in 1947 and is considered one of Tennessee Williams' most famous works, along with "The Glass Menagerie." The play received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in the year it was released.

"Ben-Hur," released in 1959, won a record-breaking 11 Oscars. This record was later matched by "Titanic" in 1997 and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in 2003.

Question 10: Which philosopher is famous for the statement "I think, therefore I am"?

French philosopher René Descartes's statement "Cogito, ergo sum" in Latin, or "I think, therefore I am" in English, can be found in his work "Discourse on the Method" from 1637. This phrase is a fundamental element in Western philosophy, as it provides a self-evident truth that is supposed to be the foundation of knowledge.

You got answers correct
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #207

You got answers correct
!0 X 10 Today. Who was that said I think, therefore I am, I think?.

Full disclosure: a number of these were flat-out guesses! :ROFLMAO:

Full disclosure: a number of these were flat-out guesses! :ROFLMAO:

Truth be known, one was a complete guess I Think?. but not that one.