SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #148 - 21/10/2023

Question 1: Which human body part is responsible for producing insulin?

The pancreas is an organ located in the abdomen that produces various vital substances, including insulin. Insulin is responsible for regulating the levels of sugars in the body. In the case of Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas produces little or no insulin.

Question 2: How many tasks did Hercules have to complete according to Greek mythology?

In Greek mythology, Hercules was ordered to perform twelve large-scale tasks, or labors, as penance for killing his wife and children in a fit of madness induced by Hera. These are known as the Twelve Labors of Hercules.

Question 3: Who is credited with the discovery of the structure of DNA?

Molecular biologists James Watson and Francis Crick are credited with the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA in 1953. However, the important role of Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkins is often noted, as they provided the X-ray crystallography data that was critical to figuring out the structure.

Question 4: The character "The Joker" is a frequent adversary of which superhero?

The Joker, who was first introduced in Batman #1 in 1940, is a criminally insane prankster with a white skin, green hair, and a wide, red smile, and is considered Batman's arch-nemesis.

Question 5: Who is considered the "father of modern geology"?

James Hutton, a Scottish geologist, is often regarded as the “father of modern geology” for his contributions to the understanding of geological formations and processes. His theories of the Earth's natural processes challenged the traditional view of the Earth's age as biblically young.

Question 6: What is the name of the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization?

The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), based in New York City, is the world's largest stock exchange by total market capitalization of its listed companies, amounting to over $30 trillion.

Question 7: Why is Superman weakened by Kryptonite?

Kryptonite is a fictional substance from the DC Comics universe. In the comics, Kryptonite is shown as fragments of Superman's home planet Krypton, and its radioactivity adversely affects Superman and other Kryptonians.

Question 8: What is the highest grossing movie of all time, as of 2021?

Avengers: Endgame became the highest grossing movie of all time in 2019, surpassing Avatar. It grossed over 2.798 billion USD worldwide.

Question 9: If you were standing on Point Barrow, in which country would you be?

Point Barrow is the northernmost point in the United States. It's located in Alaska. Despite its remoteness, it's inhabited and serves as an important research centre for scientists studying the Arctic.

Question 10: In the TV show "Friends", what is the name of Ross's pet monkey?

Marcel is a capuchin monkey who was part of the show "Friends" mainly during its first season. Ross, one of the six main characters, was Marcel's owner.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #148
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #148
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩

9/10. I would have got a perfect score if it was 2018.

No wonder I've never seen more than 10 minutes of Avatar. A movie about a bunch of glorified Smurfs? Not for me.

Actually, I've never seen the four movies mentioned. o_O

Reactions: Bullwinkle
80% today…..
Not happy with the answer to #8…everything you read or search states that Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time as of 2021!!!

9/10. I would have got a perfect score if it was 2018.

No wonder I've never seen more than 10 minutes of Avatar. A movie about a bunch of glorified Smurfs? Not for me.

Actually, I've never seen the four movies mentioned. o_O
That makes two of us who have not seen any of these movies!!

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #148
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Question 4: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

The pancreas is an organ located in the abdomen that produces various vital substances, including insulin. Insulin is responsible for regulating the levels of sugars in the body. In the case of Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas produces little or no insulin.

Question 2: How many tasks did Hercules have to complete according to Greek mythology?

In Greek mythology, Hercules was ordered to perform twelve large-scale tasks, or labors, as penance for killing his wife and children in a fit of madness induced by Hera. These are known as the Twelve Labors of Hercules.

Molecular biologists James Watson and Francis Crick are credited with the discovery of the double helix structure of DNA in 1953. However, the important role of Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkins is often noted, as they provided the X-ray crystallography data that was critical to figuring out the structure.

Question 4: The character "The Joker" is a frequent adversary of which superhero?

The Joker, who was first introduced in Batman #1 in 1940, is a criminally insane prankster with a white skin, green hair, and a wide, red smile, and is considered Batman's arch-nemesis.

James Hutton, a Scottish geologist, is often regarded as the “father of modern geology” for his contributions to the understanding of geological formations and processes. His theories of the Earth's natural processes challenged the traditional view of the Earth's age as biblically young.

Question 6: What is the name of the world's largest stock exchange by market capitalization?

The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), based in New York City, is the world's largest stock exchange by total market capitalization of its listed companies, amounting to over $30 trillion.

Kryptonite is a fictional substance from the DC Comics universe. In the comics, Kryptonite is shown as fragments of Superman's home planet Krypton, and its radioactivity adversely affects Superman and other Kryptonians.

Avengers: Endgame became the highest grossing movie of all time in 2019, surpassing Avatar. It grossed over 2.798 billion USD worldwide.

Question 9: If you were standing on Point Barrow, in which country would you be?

Point Barrow is the northernmost point in the United States. It's located in Alaska. Despite its remoteness, it's inhabited and serves as an important research centre for scientists studying the Arctic.

Marcel is a capuchin monkey who was part of the show "Friends" mainly during its first season. Ross, one of the six main characters, was Marcel's owner.

You got answers correct
I'm pretty consistent, I never get 100%!

It is very 4tunate that this site does not have any 4m of 'sound'🔇....think I'll just 4get today's ef4t.😝😉

• Wow
Reactions: Bullwinkle

You got answers correct
Are you sure the Avengers was the top money maker in2021 , I think you are wrong .