SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #144 - 17/10/2023

Question 1: Which mythological creature is known for having the head of a human and the body of a lion?

The Sphinx is a mythological creature originating from ancient Egypt, renowned for its human head and lion's body. The most famous example is the Great Sphinx of Giza.

Question 2: The first 'Rocky' film was released in which year?

The first 'Rocky' film, written by and starring Sylvester Stallone, was released in 1976. This iconic sports drama became a huge box-office hit and spawned a successful film franchise.

Question 3: Where was Dr. Jekyll's alter ego, Mr. Hyde created?

In Robert Louis Stevenson’s novella "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", Dr. Jekyll creates Mr. Hyde, his evil alter ego, in his own laboratory through a series of experiments.

Question 4: How many chambers does the human heart have?

The human heart is divided into four chambers: two upper chambers, the atria, and two lower chambers, the ventricles. The atria receive blood, while the ventricles pump blood.

Question 5: In botany, what is the main function of a plant's leaves?

The main function of a leaf is photosynthesis – a process by which plants convert light energy, usually from the Sun, into chemical energy that can be utilized for growth and development.

Question 6: How many stages of sleep are there in a typical sleep cycle?

A typical sleep cycle includes five stages: 1, 2, 3, 4, and rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. These stages progress cyclically from 1 through REM, then begin again with stage 1.

Question 7: Why is the Beatles album "Abbey Road" historically significant?

While the Beatles made one more album after "Abbey Road," (Let It Be) the sessions for "Abbey Road" were the last where all four members of the band worked together recording their songs.

Question 8: Which branch of mathematics focuses on the properties and relationships of numbers, particularly integers?

Number Theory is a branch of mathematics that studies properties and relationships of numbers, primarily integers. This field includes topics such as prime numbers, congruences, and the theory of Diophantine equations.

Question 9: How many books are in the Catholic Old Testament?

The Catholic Old Testament contains 46 books, seven more than typically included in Protestant Bibles. This difference arises because the Catholic Church includes seven deuterocanonical books not included in the standard Hebrew Bible.

Question 10: What was the first public website?

CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) launched the first public website on August 6, 1991. The website was created by British computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee.

You got answers correct

Reactions: macmouseka2
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #144
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #144
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
😁

I actually thought there were 4 stages of sleep . I did guess no 10 and got it right

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #144
Question 10: 🟩

I actually thought there were 4 stages of sleep . I did guess no 10 and got it right

Yesterday's question my dear! Got it wrong yesterday and wasn't making the same mistake again.

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #144
Question 7: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

Question 7: 🟥

Only 4 again today.......maybe tomorrow I might create a Migraine 4 myself be4 attempting to answer the quiz. Just a 4 thought. 😂

Reactions: Littleboy8
9/10.
Whu do I keep getting an "Oops we ran into a problem " when I try to upload the score?
Happens to me all the time on every topic so frustratingly annoying. I have to keep logging back in. The idiots who started this site must know by know I just wish they’d fix it.😈