SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #133 - 06/10/2023

Question 1: The principle of the Conservation of Energy states that energy can be neither what?

The principle of the Conservation of Energy, also known as the First Law of Thermodynamics, states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but only changed from one form to another or transferred from one object to another.

Question 2: Who composed the "Moonlight Sonata"?

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata", formally known as the Piano Sonata No.14 in C-sharp minor "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2, was completed in 1801 and is among his most popular piano sonatas.

Question 3: What is the name of the first manned spacecraft to land on the moon?

Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two astronauts on the Moon. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed on July 20, 1969. Armstrong's first step onto the lunar surface is celebrated as "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Question 4: Where does the word 'piano' originate from?

The word 'piano' is derived from the Italian term 'pianoforte', which means 'soft-loud'. This reflects the instrument's ability to produce sounds across a wide range of volumes. The modern piano was invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori of Italy in the 18th century.

Question 5: What is the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic?

Despite not being in a major global city like many of its competitors, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, located in Atlanta, Georgia, has consistently been the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic since 1998. This is largely due to its status as the primary hub for Delta Air Lines.

Question 6: Who holds the record for the most Academy Awards won by an individual?

Walt Disney holds the record with a total of 22 Academy Awards, out of 59 nominations. Not all were for animated films. Some were for documentaries and other categories.

Question 7: Why is the number zero considered an even number?

By definition, any integer that can be divided evenly by 2 is an even number. Since zero divided by 2 equals zero without a remainder, it makes zero an even number.

Question 8: Why is 42 considered a significant number in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

In Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought is asked to find the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything", to which it famously replies "42", but notes that nobody actually knows what the original question was.

Question 9: What does the "HTTP" stand for in a website address?

HTTP stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol, and it's the foundation of data communication on the World Wide Web. It sets the rules for how files, such as text, images, and video, are transmitted and displayed on your screen.

Question 10: When is wine made through the process of "secondary fermentation," what is the result?

The process of secondary fermentation, in which additional sugar and yeast are added to base wine, is used to create carbonated wines like Champagne and other sparkling wines. This process can happen within the individual bottles themselves or in large tanks before bottling.

You got answers correct

Have to be honest two were complete guesses that I got correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #133
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #133
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #133
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

SDC Trivia Game #133 - 06/10/2023

Question 1: The principle of the Conservation of Energy states that energy can be neither what?

The principle of the Conservation of Energy, also known as the First Law of Thermodynamics, states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but only changed from one form to another or transferred from one object to another.

Question 2: Who composed the "Moonlight Sonata"?

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata", formally known as the Piano Sonata No.14 in C-sharp minor "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2, was completed in 1801 and is among his most popular piano sonatas.

Question 3: What is the name of the first manned spacecraft to land on the moon?

Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two astronauts on the Moon. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed on July 20, 1969. Armstrong's first step onto the lunar surface is celebrated as "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Question 4: Where does the word 'piano' originate from?

The word 'piano' is derived from the Italian term 'pianoforte', which means 'soft-loud'. This reflects the instrument's ability to produce sounds across a wide range of volumes. The modern piano was invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori of Italy in the 18th century.

Question 5: What is the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic?

Despite not being in a major global city like many of its competitors, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, located in Atlanta, Georgia, has consistently been the busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic since 1998. This is largely due to its status as the primary hub for Delta Air Lines.

Question 6: Who holds the record for the most Academy Awards won by an individual?

Walt Disney holds the record with a total of 22 Academy Awards, out of 59 nominations. Not all were for animated films. Some were for documentaries and other categories.

Question 7: Why is the number zero considered an even number?

By definition, any integer that can be divided evenly by 2 is an even number. Since zero divided by 2 equals zero without a remainder, it makes zero an even number.

Question 8: Why is 42 considered a significant number in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

In Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought is asked to find the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything", to which it famously replies "42", but notes that nobody actually knows what the original question was.

Question 9: What does the "HTTP" stand for in a website address?

HTTP stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol, and it's the foundation of data communication on the World Wide Web. It sets the rules for how files, such as text, images, and video, are transmitted and displayed on your screen.

Question 10: When is wine made through the process of "secondary fermentation," what is the result?

The process of secondary fermentation, in which additional sugar and yeast are added to base wine, is used to create carbonated wines like Champagne and other sparkling wines. This process can happen within the individual bottles themselves or in large tanks before bottling.

You got answers correct
well fell back to my favourite answer for question 8 - never watched the series

I got 100% today - I thought today’s questions were quiet easy….
I’m not boasting Brody!!
Everyday you have a go at the trivia questions you are giving your brain a workout….That’s got to be better than sitting in the couch in front of the television!!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Just because you got all or most of the
Answers right do you have to boast ?
Have mercy on the Dumb Bums who haven't got a clue. I'm just jealous.
LOL
Well I only got 2 correct, so I'll join the dumb bum class Haha

happy- 100%- one was guessed. NO such thing as dumb- it's random- luck of the draw if things you know about are included. At times it can be incredibly difficult and others quite easy. We all know different things. I don't compare.

Hi there Bullwinkle, yes it was a bit out there. Me being so critical I apologise.
Where there is life, there is hope.
So onward and upward if we don't give up and keep trying. All good things will eventually come our way.
Yup I believe that.
Nice "talking" to you.

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry today....you see I got 5 answers CORRECT (my best 4 the week ), HOWEVER,.... I also got 50% WRONG.😂

I got 100% today - I thought today’s questions were quiet easy….
I’m not boasting Brody!!
Everyday you have a go at the trivia questions you are giving your brain a workout….That’s got to be better than sitting in the couch in front of the television!!
I do both😁one side of my brain watches tv while at the same time the other half does sdc stuff🙀

• Haha