Scrubbing on a budget: ALDI’s cleaning products shine without breaking the bank!

In these times of tightening budgets and rising costs, everyone is looking for ways to stretch their dollars further without compromising on quality.

This is especially true when it comes to maintaining a clean and welcoming home.

Fortunately, a professional cleaner has shared her insider knowledge on how to achieve a sparkling abode without breaking the bank.

The ongoing cost of living crisis has prompted many to reassess their shopping choices, from daily groceries to cleaning supplies.

Nonetheless, professional cleaner Lydia Mason asserts that cleaning doesn’t need to be expensive, especially if you know where to find bargains and which products are effective.

She has been running her cleaning business, Rockstar Cleaning Crew, for over half a decade and swears by ALDI's Pro Performance range for its affordability and effectiveness.

photo_20240729_094017_0000.png
Professional cleaner Lydia Mason recommended ALDI's affordable cleaning products for their effectiveness and gentleness on the airways. Credit: ALDI Australia

‘The Pro Performance range from ALDI is designed to meet everyone's budget, and they deliver outstanding cleaning performance,’ Ms Mason shared.

‘As a professional cleaner, I find that other supermarket products can often be too harsh and leave me gasping for air. In contrast, the ALDI range is gentle on my airways, making it a reliable and safe choice.’

Her social media page is filled with cleaning tips and tricks using ALDI products, with some items making her essential cleaning list.

According to Ms Mason, she can't do her job without three key products, which she uses to clean both her own home and her clients’ homes.

Her first essential pick is the Protect N Clean Disinfectant 1.25L, priced at $2.29.

Available in Pine, Eucalyptus, or Lavender scents, this disinfectant is a versatile warrior in the battle against germs and dirt, having the ability to clean throughout the house.

‘Its multi-use capability makes it an essential item in my cleaning regime. When diluted, it can be applied to various areas around the home, from disinfecting touch points, sinks, and countertops in the kitchen to adding a small drop in the mop bucket for mopping floors and cleaning walls,’ Ms Mason explained.

The ALDI website states that it is suitable for cleaning toilets, sinks, floors, rubbish bins, benches, toys, cutting boards, drains, and toilet brushes.

It is also the most affordable choice compared to the Coles Ultra Disinfectant 1.25L ($2.50) and Woolworths Strike Pro 750mL ($2.00).

The ALDI finds don't stop there. Ms Mason also raves about the Pro Performance Citrus & Baking Soda Kitchen Degreaser 750 mL, which, at $1.89, is a steal for its degreasing prowess, describing it as a ‘cleaning champion’ product.

‘After testing numerous commercial degreasers, this one has proven to be the most effective. It not only disinfects but also breaks down heavy grease and grime effortlessly, without the need for excessive rinsing,’ she explained.

‘I particularly love using it on my stovetop and backsplash, where cooking splatters are common. A few minutes of letting the product sit, followed by a quick wipe with a damp cloth, easily removes any oil or grease build-up.’

The third hero product in Ms Mason's cleaning kit is the Power Force Gel Toilet Cleaner 700mL, priced at $2.19.

Cleaning the toilet is a chore that many of us would gladly avoid, but this gel cleaner makes the task ‘significantly easier’, according to Ms Mason.

‘It’s exceptional value and outperforms many other toilet gel cleaners on the market,’ she said.

‘What I appreciate most is that it is free from ammonia and chlorine, ingredients that can be harsh on the body.’

The product's effectiveness comes from its invisible anti-stain barrier, which prevents stains from accumulating between uses.

It's not just Ms Mason who's singing the praises of ALDI’s cleaning products.

The Power Force range was voted as the top pick in the latest Canstar Blue survey of floor cleaners, earning five stars across all categories, including effectiveness, value for money, and overall satisfaction.

Other homeowners also took to social media to laud the Pro Performance Citrus & Baking Soda Kitchen Degreaser 750 mL.

‘I want to give a good wrap to this ALDI product. I have used it for some months now and find it very good when cleaning stained oven glass,’ one user shared. ‘A recommended product at a great price.’

Others reported using it throughout their entire house, including on bathroom surfaces, kitchen benchtops, ovens, and glass windows.

‘I love this one, too. It beats the more expensive brands hands down,’ another commented.

‘This product is fantastic. Can buy 4 bottles of this to 1 of the more expensive ones,’ a third remarked.

As professional cleaner Lydia Mason reveals her top ALDI cleaning products, it's also important to consider other factors that might impact your cleaning routine.

While having the right products can make a significant difference, there are hidden culprits that could be undermining your efforts.

Discover the sneaky factors that might be making your cleaning job harder and learn how to tackle them effectively.
Key Takeaways
Have you tried any of these ALDI cleaning products? Do you have any other budget-friendly cleaning tips to share with our community? We'd love to hear your experiences and suggestions in the comments below.

Reactions: Penny4
Sponsored