Score high-end quality on a budget! Get this $20 Kmart dupe instead of the original $129 price tag

We know that living within our means is an important part of getting the most out of our later life years. After all, splurging isn't always necessary or realistic, especially when you're retired and living on a fixed income.

But, if there’s one thing that is universal and transcends age, it’s comfort. We all want to rest soundly and luxuriously as we drift off to sleep, don’t we? After all, having a restful night’s sleep makes for a happier and more productive day!

Luckily for us, Kmart is (usually) just around the corner nowadays, and it means that high-end brands don't have exclusive rights to sell soft and luxurious nightwear.

One woman's post on a popular Facebook group has made the rounds online after she shared her find — a budget-friendly set of pyjamas that are being compared to a high-end brand which retails for $100 more.

Sharing her find online, the woman compared the popular Peter Alexander pyjamas to the budget-friendly counterpart — a set of Kmart pyjamas that she said were a 'dupe'.

1c7d83079586d77b52691385356c3bf3

People are comparing Kmart's $20 PJs to Peter Alexander's $129 sleepwear. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

The woman said: 'If you don't want to pay $129 at Peter Alexander then these PJs are just the same and only $20 at Kmart.'

The Peter Alexander brand is famed for its high-quality craftsmanship, so finding a considerably cheaper knock-off piqued the savvy shopper's interest.

And it did not take long before other users took notice of the 'similarity'.

One person wrote: 'All of my young daughters' Peter Alexander pyjamas shrunk after the first wash. Never had an issue with shrinking from Kmart or Target.'

'I got these and the exact same in grey. I love them and they don’t get too hot to wear,' another added.

However, not everyone agreed with the comparison, with many fans of the Peter Alexander outfit brand speaking up against it.

image.png
The 'original' pyjamas retailed at Peter Alexander. Credit: Peter Alexander.

Several fans of the Peter Alexander brand argued that it was not a fair or accurate comparison and the two brands are like comparing apples and oranges.

One comment read: 'They are nowhere near the same as Peter Alexander. I have a satin pair and a cotton pair, and they are so soft.'

'My satin pair did split at the seam after four weeks but they happily replaced them for me in-store and I walked out with a brand new replacement.'

Another claimed: 'They’re nothing in comparison to Peter Alexander pyjamas. I walked past them today – they do look nice though.'

One person put an end to the debate by pointing out that, with the rising expense of living, it is understandable that some customers would choose a more budget-friendly product if its quality is comparable to that of a more expensive counterpart.

'Money is tight for so many people at the moment. Good on you if you can afford $100+ for PJs, but let's not shame others for buying PJs from Kmart,' they wrote.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart is a great place to shop for budget-friendly luxury products.
  • The Kmart pyjamas are being compared to a higher-end brand, and many people have spoken positively about their quality.
  • Not everyone agrees with the comparison, with some fans of the Peter Alexander brand claiming they are not the same quality.
  • Shopping at Kmart can be a great way to get great, high-quality products while sticking to a budget.

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this pyjama dupe is worth the $20 price? Or should people just pay the higher price to get the ‘authentic’ pyjamas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
They don't compare at all.

I buy my daughters Peter Alexander when they go on sale which is often

My youngest not only has asthma but excema as well and I have purchased PJs from kmart and her excema flairs up and she has noticed that she sweats in kmart pjs.

The shiny satin fabric at kmart is not nice at all I have purchased a couple of nighties for myself and I threw them away whereas the peter Alexander satin is very soft n silky and breathable. It's the same as their stiff cotton pjs not comfortable at all

On the other hand I purchased stretchy polyester cotton 3/4 pyjama pants from kmart and love them , I wished I could wear them all day.

I've purchased robes from Peter Alexander for all my daughters , they go on sale alot . I've paid no more than $45 a robe which is normally between $89 to $119
I wait for sales on pjs and will usually pay $10 to $15 a bottom and the same for the top. Normal prices are $45 to $55 a piece.
After Xmas is usually best time to get these

We know that living within our means is an important part of getting the most out of our later life years. After all, splurging isn't always necessary or realistic, especially when you're retired and living on a fixed income.

But, if there’s one thing that is universal and transcends age, it’s comfort. We all want to rest soundly and luxuriously as we drift off to sleep, don’t we? After all, having a restful night’s sleep makes for a happier and more productive day!

Luckily for us, Kmart is (usually) just around the corner nowadays, and it means that high-end brands don't have exclusive rights to sell soft and luxurious nightwear.

One woman's post on a popular Facebook group has made the rounds online after she shared her find — a budget-friendly set of pyjamas that are being compared to a high-end brand which retails for $100 more.

Sharing her find online, the woman compared the popular Peter Alexander pyjamas to the budget-friendly counterpart — a set of Kmart pyjamas that she said were a 'dupe'.

People are comparing Kmart's $20 PJs to Peter Alexander's $129 sleepwear. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

The woman said: 'If you don't want to pay $129 at Peter Alexander then these PJs are just the same and only $20 at Kmart.'

The Peter Alexander brand is famed for its high-quality craftsmanship, so finding a considerably cheaper knock-off piqued the savvy shopper's interest.

One person wrote: 'All of my young daughters' Peter Alexander pyjamas shrunk after the first wash. Never had an issue with shrinking from Kmart or Target.'

'I got these and the exact same in grey. I love them and they don’t get too hot to wear,' another added.

However, not everyone agreed with the comparison, with many fans of the Peter Alexander outfit brand speaking up against it.

View attachment 10411

Several fans of the Peter Alexander brand argued that it was not a fair or accurate comparison and the two brands are like comparing apples and oranges.

One comment read: 'They are nowhere near the same as Peter Alexander. I have a satin pair and a cotton pair, and they are so soft.'

'My satin pair did split at the seam after four weeks but they happily replaced them for me in-store and I walked out with a brand new replacement.'

Another claimed: 'They’re nothing in comparison to Peter Alexander pyjamas. I walked past them today – they do look nice though.'

One person put an end to the debate by pointing out that, with the rising expense of living, it is understandable that some customers would choose a more budget-friendly product if its quality is comparable to that of a more expensive counterpart.

'Money is tight for so many people at the moment. Good on you if you can afford $100+ for PJs, but let's not shame others for buying PJs from Kmart,' they wrote.

Key Takeaways

• The Kmart pyjamas are being compared to a higher-end brand, and many people have spoken positively about their quality.
  • Not everyone agrees with the comparison, with some fans of the Peter Alexander brand claiming they are not the same quality.
  • Shopping at Kmart can be a great way to get great, high-quality products while sticking to a budget.

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this pyjama dupe is worth the $20 price? Or should people just pay the higher price to get the ‘authentic’ pyjamas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
The only Peter Alexander item I’ve ever bought was a sleep mask for my mum in the shape of Penny, his dachshund mascot, complete with ears! 🤣 I had a friend who swore by the pjs lend me a pair when I stayed with her once. I really wasn’t overly impressed. However, I do like to look at the cute designs but that’s as far as I go.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 10411

Key Takeaways

No way could I EVER be able to afford $100+ just for something I sleep in! Especially as I have been left prety incontinent after a stroke & if I happen to ruin the pj pant, I would much rather it be on a $20 pair!

They don't compare at all.

I buy my daughters Peter Alexander when they go on sale which is often

My youngest not only has asthma but excema as well and I have purchased PJs from kmart and her excema flairs up and she has noticed that she sweats in kmart pjs.

The shiny satin fabric at kmart is not nice at all I have purchased a couple of nighties for myself and I threw them away whereas the peter Alexander satin is very soft n silky and breathable. It's the same as their stiff cotton pjs not comfortable at all

On the other hand I purchased stretchy polyester cotton 3/4 pyjama pants from kmart and love them , I wished I could wear them all day.

I've purchased robes from Peter Alexander for all my daughters , they go on sale alot . I've paid no more than $45 a robe which is normally between $89 to $119
I wait for sales on pjs and will usually pay $10 to $15 a bottom and the same for the top. Normal prices are $45 to $55 a piece.
After Xmas is usually best time to get these
I love my Peter Alexander jammies for Winter. Nothing compares to the quality, and they wash beautifully. Always buy whilst on sale though. But for Summer, Kmart is my choice. Always buy their jammie shorts and top with their bargain vest tops. 👍

Reactions: Jen77au and Ricci
I think that people should just find what they find is comfortable for them and when they do find it, buy more of the same item so that they have many to wear. I found a comfortable cotton (T-shirt cotton) nightie at Big W for $20 and it has never gone on sale simply because other ladies have found this item as well and it sells out all the time. It comes back now every year with a different pattern. It has again 'sold out.' Ladies, it has short sleeves and 3 small buttons to undo at neckline if you need extra room to slip on. I'm size 14 now and I have some in this size, but also one in 12 and even one in size 10 and there is ample room. Loose fitting. It's cool to wear as well and it's pretty-much what I wear all day long. When I wash I do 5-6 in one wash and hang them on hangers, on the line. No ironing needed. I've had them for several years now and they have stood the test of time, years and years of washing and they are amazing. Good quality cotton/material. Wait for Big W to get more of these amazing nighties in stock. Even buy one and see what you think. I'll be amazed that this is not the best nightie that you will ever own. In fact, you will buy more like I have.

Millers have somewhat similar ones now for $20, down from $50, not that these should ever have been priced at $50 each. However, Miller's website states 3 for $15 each, so that's is a good deal. But delivery fees as well.

https://static-nbgimages.freetls.fastly.net/prod/Millers/2002890911_1.jpg?quality=95&width=800

Last edited:
I’m with Peter. My partner is such a hot bod that I don’t wear pjs or else I get too hot and can’t sleep.
I live and sleep alone so pjs are only a factor when I get up in the morning before getting ready for the day 😂 like your partner, it’s just too hot. I’m also a restless sleeper so it’s bad enough getting tangled in my sheets let alone pjs!

View attachment 10411

Key Takeaways

The issue is all the made in China stuff they sell. China, the CCP and Xinnie the Pooh, started a trade war with Australia. They impacted our farmers, miners and fishing companies. That means those affected pay less tax. Less tax for schools, hospitals, pensions etc. It’s up to us to stop buying their products.

Check the labels and if it’s from this authoritarian dictatorship leave in on the shelf and shop elsewhere.