Score designer looks for less: Fashionistas swear by this $35 Kmart dupe that rivals a $199 piece

Fashion has always been a part of our lives, whether we're conscious of it or not.

From the clothes we wear to the accessories we choose, fashion expresses who we are and how we want to be perceived.

But as the cost of living continues to rise, it's becoming more and more difficult to afford quality clothing without breaking the bank.

That's why many fashionistas are turning to dupes - cheaper alternatives to high-end fashion - to score stylish clothes without breaking the bank.

Dupes have been around for a while, but they're gaining popularity among budget-conscious fashion lovers who want to keep up with the latest trends without spending a fortune.

These dupes often replicate the look and feel of high-end designer clothes but at a fraction of the cost. This means that even those on a tight budget can enjoy the latest fashion trends without sacrificing quality or style.

One such piece that has caught the eye of Aussie fashionistas in recent years is the puffer vest.

With high-end brands, such as Country Road, retailing this piece for hundreds of dollars, it’s no wonder many savvy shoppers are searching for a similar item but at a fraction of the price.

If you find yourself in the same situation as them, we have news for you!

A bargain hunter recently took to social media to share a Kmart find that rivalled Country Road – the Kmart Quilted Puffer Vest.

photo-8.jpg
One shopper found a Kmart dupe of the much more expensive brand Country Road’s puffer vest. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

‘This Kmart puffer vest is amazing! Exactly the same as the $199 Country Road one, which I purchased recently and returned,’ she wrote in a post on Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group.

‘I am a big Country Road fan and have nothing against them, just this particular vest ticked all the boxes.’

The shopper also shared a photo of the garment, cautioning other group members that ‘these Kmart puffer vests are very oversized,’ so they must fit them in-store before purchasing.

‘I got size 6 and I am usually 10 or 12,’ she finished.

The post captured the attention of many group members who were keen to get their hands on the stylish garment.

One person wrote: ‘Love the colour and I’m so jealous that you live somewhere where it gets cold enough to wear a puffer vest.’

Some pointed out that the garment flattered the original poster’s body, complimenting her for her chic style.

‘It looks so much better on you than the hanger. You look great!’ one user praised.

Another added: ‘It looks boxy but the picture where you’re wearing it, it looks great.’

photo-7.jpg
A side-by-side comparison of the Kmart puffer vest (left) and Country Road’s version (right). Credit: Kmart/Country Road.

While the garment shared a striking similarity with the Country Road piece, many shoppers are still sceptical about the quality of the Kmart item.

One person said: ‘May look similar to the Country Road one, but I highly doubt it will last and be anything close to Country Road quality.’

‘The quality is not the same and if you compared them you’d see many differences. I’ve got a Country Road version and it’s still good five years later,’ another shared.

‘I purchased a Kmart one on clearance and it hasn’t lasted a year. Lucky it was cheap.’

The original poster replied to these claims, saying it all depends on how one takes care of the garment.

She wrote: ‘Oh yes, I don’t expect it to last long for $35. But I take good care of my clothes and have no major issues with most of the Kmart items I have purchased.’

‘I own both brands and honestly, they last as long as each other. I love the Country Road stuff though, but you can get just as good quality for less,’ another added.

Key Takeaways
  • Fashionistas are turning to dupes, cheaper alternatives to high-end fashion, to stay on trend without breaking the bank.
  • A bargain hunter recently shared a Kmart Quilted Puffer Vest that she claimed to rival the more expensive Country Road piece.
  • The post sparked praise from Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group members who were keen to get their hands on the stylish garment.
  • While the garment shared a striking similarity with the Country Road piece, many shoppers are sceptical about the quality of the Kmart item.

This is a perfect example of how with a bit of luck and clever shopping, you too can become a fashionista and score designer looks for less!

Remember that some dupes come in quality just as good as their designer counterparts, so we recommend checking the garment in-store first before purchasing and being sure to take good care of it no matter what when you take it home.

So, members, keep an eye out for dupes at your local department stores next time you’re thinking about updating your wardrobe. You never know what fashionable and affordable surprises you might find!

Have you ever found a dupe that resembles a designer piece? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Fashion has always been a part of our lives, whether we're conscious of it or not.

From the clothes we wear to the accessories we choose, fashion expresses who we are and how we want to be perceived.

But as the cost of living continues to rise, it's becoming more and more difficult to afford quality clothing without breaking the bank.

That's why many fashionistas are turning to dupes - cheaper alternatives to high-end fashion - to score stylish clothes without breaking the bank.

Dupes have been around for a while, but they're gaining popularity among budget-conscious fashion lovers who want to keep up with the latest trends without spending a fortune.

These dupes often replicate the look and feel of high-end designer clothes but at a fraction of the cost. This means that even those on a tight budget can enjoy the latest fashion trends without sacrificing quality or style.

One such piece that has caught the eye of Aussie fashionistas in recent years is the puffer vest.

With high-end brands, such as Country Road, retailing this piece for hundreds of dollars, it’s no wonder many savvy shoppers are searching for a similar item but at a fraction of the price.

A bargain hunter recently took to social media to share a Kmart find that rivalled Country Road – the Kmart Quilted Puffer Vest.

View attachment 16225
One shopper found a Kmart dupe of the much more expensive brand Country Road’s puffer vest. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

‘This Kmart puffer vest is amazing! Exactly the same as the $199 Country Road one, which I purchased recently and returned,’ she wrote in a post on Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group.

‘I am a big Country Road fan and have nothing against them, just this particular vest ticked all the boxes.’

The shopper also shared a photo of the garment, cautioning other group members that ‘these Kmart puffer vests are very oversized,’ so they must fit them in-store before purchasing.

The post captured the attention of many group members who were keen to get their hands on the stylish garment.

One person wrote: ‘Love the colour and I’m so jealous that you live somewhere where it gets cold enough to wear a puffer vest.’

Some pointed out that the garment flattered the original poster’s body, complimenting her for her chic style.

‘It looks so much better on you than the hanger. You look great!’ one user praised.

Another added: ‘It looks boxy but the picture where you’re wearing it, it looks great.’

View attachment 16224
A side-by-side comparison of the Kmart puffer vest (left) and Country Road’s version (right). Credit: Kmart/Country Road.

While the garment shared a striking similarity with the Country Road piece, many shoppers are still sceptical about the quality of the Kmart item.

One person said: ‘May look similar to the Country Road one, but I highly doubt it will last and be anything close to Country Road quality.’

‘The quality is not the same and if you compared them you’d see many differences. I’ve got a Country Road version and it’s still good five years later,’ another shared.

‘I purchased a Kmart one on clearance and it hasn’t lasted a year. Lucky it was cheap.’

The original poster replied to these claims, saying it all depends on how one takes care of the garment.

She wrote: ‘Oh yes, I don’t expect it to last long for $35. But I take good care of my clothes and have no major issues with most of the Kmart items I have purchased.’

‘I own both brands and honestly, they last as long as each other. I love the Country Road stuff though, but you can get just as good quality for less,’ another added.

Key Takeaways

• Fashionistas are turning to dupes, cheaper alternatives to high-end fashion, to stay on trend without breaking the bank.
  • A bargain hunter recently shared a Kmart Quilted Puffer Vest that she claimed to rival the more expensive Country Road piece.
  • The post sparked praise from Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group members who were keen to get their hands on the stylish garment.
  • While the garment shared a striking similarity with the Country Road piece, many shoppers are sceptical about the quality of the Kmart item.

This is a perfect example of how with a bit of luck and clever shopping, you too can become a fashionista and score designer looks for less!

Remember that some dupes come in quality just as good as their designer counterparts, so we recommend checking the garment in-store first before purchasing and being sure to take good care of it no matter what when you take it home.

So, members, keep an eye out for dupes at your local department stores next time you’re thinking about updating your wardrobe. You never know what fashionable and affordable surprises you might find!

Have you ever found a dupe that resembles a designer piece? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
I don’ft

View attachment 16225

View attachment 16224

Key Takeaways

I don’t want to lose my mind ( you tell me that I will if I go to Kmart for this) so I won’t be getting one!!!!!

Another run, don’t walk headline. Sure is going to be a lot of crowd crushes at Kmart if everyone tries to run in for all these so called bargain buys. Think I will steer clear.

Reactions: Ricci
I purchased one of these for my daughter last winter and she loved it, my son also lived it and took it so I managed to get her another one.

Can't say the quality is as good as country road may look similar but doesn't feel the same and I'm guessing won't last as long.
You are getting what you pay for . For $15 works well with the young people as they are a very disposable generation