Score big savings on this $8 Kmart homeware 'dupe'

Kmart, the budget-friendly retail giant, has once again caught the attention of savvy shoppers with its latest homeware range.

The new outdoor dining collection, featuring charming crab and lobster designs, has been hailed as a near-perfect 'dupe' of the popular Australian tableware brand, In The Roundhouse.

The striking similarity between the two collections has sparked excitement among Kmart shoppers, who are thrilled to find such stylish pieces at a fraction of the cost.

The Kmart range offers 4 Pack Poolside Plates for just $8 and 2 Pack Poolside Platters for the same price.

SDC Images (13).png
Kmart is selling an $8 dupe for In The Roundhouse’s $50 Lobster Platter. Image source: Kmart (left), In The Roundhouse (right).

In contrast, In The Roundhouse charges $29 for a single Crab Plate and $50 for one Lobster Platter.

The high-end brand, known for its intricate designs and quality materials, sells sets of its plates and cutlery for up to $300.

Of course, the significant price difference can be attributed to the materials used—In The Roundhouse's designer plates are crafted from new bone china and coated with a clear glaze, while Kmart's budget-friendly versions are made from plastic.

SDC Images (12).png
In The Roundhouse’s homewares are made with new bone china while Kmart’s version is made with plastic. Image source: Kmart (left), In The Roundhouse (right).

The designer brand's products, sold at David Jones, also boast brighter colours and more intricate designs.

Despite these differences, many customers are thrilled with Kmart's budget plates, praising the retailer for opening up stylish tableware to more people.

'They are a copy of plates I saw in David Jones,' one shopper said.

Another chimed in, 'It's lovely that Kmart makes great style accessible to everyone.'

The majority of shoppers have responded positively to the cheaper alternatives, with many describing them as 'cute' and 'lovely'.

This isn't the first time Kmart has been lauded for offering affordable alternatives to designer homewares.

Just a few weeks ago, shoppers discovered budget-friendly versions of Dinosaur Designs' serving bowls and jugs, which typically retail between $100 and $300.

While the designer's resin vessels are handmade in Australia, Kmart's versions are mass-produced overseas.

Despite the noticeable differences in thickness, curvature, and vibrancy of colours, many fans reluctant to splurge on the pricier items have hailed Kmart's Resin Serve Bowl ($12) and White Resin Jug ($12) as the 'perfect dupes' and a 'must-haves'.

'(Dinosaur Designs) is so expensive... Running to the Kmart for these dupes,' one shopper wrote.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers are enthused about a new homeware range that resembled products from the Australian tableware brand In The Roundhouse.
  • The Kmart range offers a more affordable option with prices significantly lower than the high-end brand, with 4 Pack Poolside Plates for $8 and 2 Pack Poolside Platters for the same price.
  • While In The Roundhouse products are made of new bone china and sold at premium retailers like David Jones, Kmart's alternatives are plastic and mass-produced overseas.
  • Customers are divided on the value of the budget items, with some praising Kmart for making stylish homewares accessible, and others recognising the quality difference in the designer brand's more intricate and vibrant designs.
Members, have you found any great 'dupes' recently? Share your finds in the comments below!

• Wow
Reactions: Petra and BJM
Sponsored
Problem with the kmart plates are they chip easy. I have seen instore a number of times so many chipped plates and cups and had wondered why the staff hadn't removed them . I can understand one or two but there must have been like 10 .

I have also seen this with pot plant pots. I'm not saying all but what I saw turned me off purchasing any.

I really only buy platters ect if Myers or other stores have a sale on .

Kmart plates can be heavy and thick. No doubt due to making it with cheaper materials. Love Kmart, but some items are hit and miss, like their plates. TK Maxx store is near me, and their plates are lovely and also competitively priced.

Reactions: DrivingGirl