Score amazing deals on Easter favourites as supermarkets cut prices ahead of the long weekend

It’s that time of year again when Aussie families join together to share a meal in celebration of Easter.

But with the price of groceries on the rise, it can be a challenge to find ways to make these Easter favourites available.

According to the Australian Retailers Association, Australian consumers are expected to collectively spend an eye-watering $1.7 billion on hot cross buns, chocolate, and other supermarket staples in preparation for Easter.

Neil Rechlin, a partner at lending technology provider NextGen, warns that the rising cost of living is hitting some harder than others.

'I don't think we have seen the worst of it yet, we are still seeing interest rates going up, we are seeing budgets getting tighter,' he said.

'I think it will get worse before it gets better, unfortunately. I think for many it's going to be a tough Easter.'

pexels-photo-2072150.jpeg

Supermarkets are cutting prices on Easter essentials in response to the financial pressure faced by consumers. Credit: Pexels/George Dolgikh.

Fortunately, major supermarkets are doing their part to help the average Aussie make the most of their Easter celebrations, slashing prices in half on some items.

Coles, for example, is offering 40 to 50 per cent off on their Easter confectionery range, with a two-for-$6 deal on hot cross buns.

There are also discounts on cooked tiger prawns, totalling about $27 per kilogram. More information on the latest Coles deals can be found in this post.

Woolworths is running a similar two-for-$6 promotion on hot cross buns and have discounted their tiger prawns to $30 per kilogram.

For more information on the recent Woolies deals, we recommend checking out this post, where we share some of the hottest discounts from the retailer.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.21.10 am.png
Woolworths offer several deals for the upcoming Easter holiday. Credit: Woolworths.

ALDI has the cheapest chocolates, starting at just $1.50 each. We also shared more information about the best ALDI deals in this post.

You may also want to read this story where we covered how bargain hunters raved over these budget-friendly alternatives to Cadbury easter treats.

Key Takeaways
  • Australian consumers are projected to spend $1.7 billion on Easter food items as the rising cost of living impacts family budgets.
  • Major supermarkets such as Coles, Woolworths, and ALDI are slashing prices in half on some Easter items to help families celebrate affordably.
  • Coles is offering 40 to 50 per cent off on their Easter confectionery range, with a two-for-$6 deal on hot cross buns and discounts on cooked tiger prawns.
  • Woolworths and ALDI are also running similar promotions, with discounts on hot cross buns, tiger prawns, and chocolates.

So, while our budgets may be tight this Easter, with a bit of savvy shopping, we can make sure the day is still a special one!

Are you prepared for the upcoming Easter festivities? Better yet, do you know other tips for reducing your grocery bills? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
We are not buying as much, I say we but I mean me, I have always gone overboard but this year my husband and I decided we will buy some other things that are not chocolate related. I am also going to do a little riddle game where my girls get to choose something for answering a riddle. We normally do an easter egg hunt but wanted to do something different this time.

The supermarkets think we are idiots.
First, they introduce the Easter chocolate lines at way inflated prices per kilo and then they reduce these prices, claiming they have "slashed" them.
All of this while posting immoral and obscene increases in profits and taking away the staff who used to man the checkouts. When you do use the automatic checkouts the staff make you feel like you're trying to steal from them and you are monitored by an insane number of cameras and checkouts which weigh every item as you place it in the bags.

The ridiculous increases in the cost of items such as dairy and meat are certainly not being passed on to producers.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci and Rosalie30