SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
School milk

You either loved it or hated it. The truck would drop off the milk around 9.30, but since recess wasn't until 10.45, it would often sit in the hot Australian sun for over an hour. Do you have any school milk memories? Comment them down below.

248678429_284122023623411_2198031336942975146_n.png

Reactions: Lindyloo
School milk

You either loved it or hated it. The truck would drop off the milk around 9.30, but since recess wasn't until 10.45, it would often sit in the hot Australian sun for over an hour. Do you have any school milk memories? Comment them down below.

View attachment 1253
I loved getting milk at school in the glass bottoms but hated it when it went into tetra cartons...it used to go off really quickly in the summer

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
School milk

View attachment 1253

We used to have our milk break a little earlier that 10.45 but I do remember. Hot days were the worst and so many of us would pour the milk into the plants, but loved it in the cooler months. I can also remember when I was lucky enough to be selected as a milk monitor. The milko would arrive with the crates, cover it with ice and it was out job the make sure the little ones got their bottle first and everyone else took their turn quietly (but you used to get out of having milk by saying you already had it)

School milk

View attachment 1253
We used to have our milk underneath the pine trees. Loved drinking it from the glass bottle, particularly in the winter when it was nice and cold. I hated it when the milk went into tetra triangular cartons. I was yucky yucky yucky particularly in the summer