Scathing letter to neighbour sparks fury online – whose side are you on?

The dreaded annoying neighbour is a problem that almost everyone, and especially renters, has had to deal with at some point in their lives.

When you spend a lot of time living close to another person or family, there will be quite a few instances where you find yourselves disagreeing with one another.

And more often than not, those disagreements can get quite heated…

Whether it's about too much noise, people parking in your spot, or weird smells coming into your home, it can be a pain to solve these small but annoying problems.

Such is the case for these two Aussie neighbours, whose minor late-night dispute has resulted in one of them sending a curse-laden, handwritten letter.

XBRwSCGBAAcP8LSphqeVzwXoxGAelXg4rOvleqrFy4SofIYZws8vFaebRaKwPacuSHKQ9yVyH2f1xHIpegxgfhNoDiejDWj4kY22qUvao6gDTMyE1kzMf-J-EdWX7-4hNm-o0yudHKzblVgRKXsAc0U

The person who filed the complaint was harsh in the letter that they wrote. Credit: Facebook.

A resident who was only trying to better themselves by listening to self-help podcasts has ended up on the receiving end of a furious letter from their fed-up next-door neighbour.

Both of them are residents of a complex in Mosman Park, southwest of Perth's central business district.

The complainant was apparently already fed up with his neighbour's late-night self-help podcast listening sessions, so he proceeded to write a 'scathing' letter to get the other person to stop.

'Just a tip. Don't play your personal growth videos at a max volume all night, you inconsiderate f***wit,' said the letter, which was written using a green highlighter.

Not long after, the subject of the complaint responded with a message of their own.

On the opposite side of the same paper used, they apologised for bothering the neighbour and went on to explain their side.

'Sincere apologies if my podcast bothered you. I'll adjust the volume and placement of the speaker,' they wrote. 'It was not anywhere near max volume but appreciate the sound must travel, and I'm sorry it disturbed you.'

After saying they were sorry, they proceeded to call out the person who sent the letter for using aggressive language just to get their point across.

'I also have a tip that swearing at your neighbours isn't very nice or considerate either. Simply bringing an issue to their attention is quite enough. Peace and love XOXO.'

HxVGUnSRFDA4Bxnh6u1mojtytFoqhT1e9onQw--BOpiICL_xOMu4K82ckYdfhGlwhw8GF12oEoipAr-NGpjZ8mC_a8lTV4QcARx7CdanUHbx7BSHPYJw986WbJnH7oMmcJQZg_YcypCnc93NxzjEL3E

A neighbour was accused of being 'inconsiderate' for playing late-night self-help podcasts. Credit: Facebook.

Photos of the heated exchange between the two neighbours were shared on the Facebook page The Bell Tower Times, where it attracted the attention of both homeowners and renters.

Unsurprisingly, many of them agreed with the person who got the nasty letter and commended them for 'taking the high road' and being kind and patient to the person who wrote it.

In the comments section, several users poked fun at the complainant, with one of them saying he was the one who needed to listen to some personal growth podcast.

A second person pointed out that the exchange is full of 'scorching passive aggression', while a fourth asked, 'How hard is it to be polite?'

Others, meanwhile, said that the problem could have been solved much faster if the two of them had gone to talk to each other. 'Remember when you would actually speak to your neighbours?' one user said.

What about you, folks? Considering the perspective of the complainant and the person receiving the letter, what would you do if you were in their position? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
I really don't consider using the F word these days as swearing...it's used so so much in every day life. I have to catch myself sometimes from saying it. I do watch where and to whom I say it though

I still think the F word is swearing but like you said it’s more or less used in everyday conversation and I try not to use it but if the need arises I apologise first then mouth the word Mm but then that’s MEE have a great day everyone

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
If I have an issue with a neighbour, I would speak to them directly and hope that they would do me the same courtesy. Fortunately I live in an area where I know all of my neighbours - at least well enough to say g'day to, and we haven't had any problems with any of them over the years.

I really don't like this attitude now that swearing is the norm "Thecla" I have seen young people get out of court on a freebee because a judge had the same attitude that it is now used in everyday language therefore no longer unacceptable.
I agree we need to meet our neighbours face-to-face, you never know when there is going to be an emergency and you will need someones help.

I really don't consider using the F word these days as swearing...it's used so so much in every day life. I have to catch myself sometimes from saying it. I do watch where and to whom I say it though
Sorry to point out, but just because certain words are in common usage, doesn’t make them any less foul and undesirable. An attitude like this simply shows how in general society’s standards are slipping. When I was several years younger, ‘bloody’ was considered rude and offensive, and yes, swearing! It was the worst (in those days) word you could utter. I even got reprimanded by my dad on the one occasion I used it to a school mate!
On the other hand, NOT swearing shows restraint and respect for our fellow man.
Consider!

The dreaded annoying neighbour is a problem that almost everyone, and especially renters, has had to deal with at some point in their lives.

When you spend a lot of time living close to another person or family, there will be quite a few instances where you find yourselves disagreeing with one another.

Whether it's about too much noise, people parking in your spot, or weird smells coming into your home, it can be a pain to solve these small but annoying problems.

Such is the case for these two Aussie neighbours, whose minor late-night dispute has resulted in one of them sending a curse-laden, handwritten letter.

XBRwSCGBAAcP8LSphqeVzwXoxGAelXg4rOvleqrFy4SofIYZws8vFaebRaKwPacuSHKQ9yVyH2f1xHIpegxgfhNoDiejDWj4kY22qUvao6gDTMyE1kzMf-J-EdWX7-4hNm-o0yudHKzblVgRKXsAc0U

The person who filed the complaint was harsh in the letter that they wrote. Credit: Facebook.

A resident who was only trying to better themselves by listening to self-help podcasts has ended up on the receiving end of a furious letter from their fed-up next-door neighbour.

Both of them are residents of a complex in Mosman Park, southwest of Perth's central business district.

The complainant was apparently already fed up with his neighbour's late-night self-help podcast listening sessions, so he proceeded to write a 'scathing' letter to get the other person to stop.

'Just a tip. Don't play your personal growth videos at a max volume all night, you inconsiderate f***wit,' said the letter, which was written using a green highlighter.

Not long after, the subject of the complaint responded with a message of their own.

On the opposite side of the same paper used, they apologised for bothering the neighbour and went on to explain their side.

'Sincere apologies if my podcast bothered you. I'll adjust the volume and placement of the speaker,' they wrote. 'It was not anywhere near max volume but appreciate the sound must travel, and I'm sorry it disturbed you.'

After saying they were sorry, they proceeded to call out the person who sent the letter for using aggressive language just to get their point across.

'I also have a tip that swearing at your neighbours isn't very nice or considerate either. Simply bringing an issue to their attention is quite enough. Peace and love XOXO.'

HxVGUnSRFDA4Bxnh6u1mojtytFoqhT1e9onQw--BOpiICL_xOMu4K82ckYdfhGlwhw8GF12oEoipAr-NGpjZ8mC_a8lTV4QcARx7CdanUHbx7BSHPYJw986WbJnH7oMmcJQZg_YcypCnc93NxzjEL3E

A neighbour was accused of being 'inconsiderate' for playing late-night self-help podcasts. Credit: Facebook.

Photos of the heated exchange between the two neighbours were shared on the Facebook page The Bell Tower Times, where it attracted the attention of both homeowners and renters.

Unsurprisingly, many of them agreed with the person who got the nasty letter and commended them for 'taking the high road' and being kind and patient to the person who wrote it.

In the comments section, several users poked fun at the complainant, with one of them saying he was the one who needed to listen to some personal growth podcast.

A second person pointed out that the exchange is full of 'scorching passive aggression', while a fourth asked, 'How hard is it to be polite?'

Others, meanwhile, said that the problem could have been solved much faster if the two of them had gone to talk to each other. 'Remember when you would actually speak to your neighbours?' one user said.

What about you, folks? Considering the perspective of the complainant and the person receiving the letter, what would you do if you were in their position? Let us know in the comments!
Yep, go & speak civilly to your neighbour! The use of bad language just clarified what sort of person the complainant is! I would suggest that the podcast lover invest in a pair of headphones or earbuds to satisfy all parties!

Think the complainant should have made a personal approach initially, like the reply from the recipient but believe the initial problem could possibly have been avoided with the use of a headset or earphones by the resident.

I really don't consider using the F word these days as swearing...it's used so so much in every day life. I have to catch myself sometimes from saying it. I do watch where and to whom I say it thoughs

Instead of the 'F... word' possibly need to take check of ourselves & say 'Firetruck.' Still sort of swearing but l believe sounds better that that word.

Hell - I use the "F" word all the time, especially when I'm out in my shed. I use worse than that too, but usually directed at myself when I do something wrong and have to repeat some work. :eek:

But there's a time and a place. I would not consider a "note" written to a neighbour to be an appropriate time or place.

Reactions: Ezzy