These scams happen all the time. I'm forever getting texts and emails from "mygov" asking me to verify my identty, log in to claim my refund etc. I don't bother to open them, just delete them and report them to scam watch.

Last edited:
i used to get the same all the time , yet i did delete what i thought was a scam but it was actually from centrelink , so i went to centrelink told them i no longer had a computer and to send any notification to me via aust post. so now i can safely ignore them. and noticications come to me via aust post happy now

Oh my goodness how
low these scammers are going. They must think people on aged pension are stupid. Oh the older people will be easy to scam!!!
It's just applying and a down right nuisance because it's hard enough to set up these accounts to start with, now you have to start all over again.
Thank you for letting us all know know to be aware. I so glad you didn't fall victim to these dreadful sods.
Kind regards Vicki

I had the same text asking to change mygov password and very concerned as I did go ahead and change my password🤔
Hi…if you did it through a link in the text, I suggest you open your MyGov account from a browser and check the messages sent to you…..if this particular text message is not there then the chances are that you have responded to a scam…..change your password only through the MyGov , never from a link…..you should also let them know as soon as possible…..Good Luck…

Hi…if you did it through a link in the text, I suggest you open your MyGov account from a browser and check the messages sent to you…..if this particular text message is not there then the chances are that you have responded to a scam…..change your password only through the MyGov , never from a link…..you should also let them know as soon as possible…..Good Luck…
Thank you for your response to my message.. I only changed mygov password in my actual mygov account not through the link

Oh that’s good, well done……..Never ever be tempted to click on a link though :giggle:
It is really stressful with so many scams going on.. I have a rule to not answer calls to my mobile if the callers name doesn’t come up on screen as these scam calls are very annoying and don’t need unnecessary stress.. if it’s some urgent “unknown” they can text for a call back

Goodness the same happened to my daughter too, they actually changed her details and actually got the loan, even changed her bank details to theirs. It's frightening to know they are so clever.
Regretfully, your Daughters surrendered a Password or a host of Personal detail for this to transpire.

Reactions: Ezzy
Why people are still responding and clicking on links they receive by email or text, is beyond me.

It is really stressful with so many scams going on.. I have a rule to not answer calls to my mobile if the callers name doesn’t come up on screen as these scam calls are very annoying and don’t need unnecessary stress.. if it’s some urgent “unknown” they can text for a call back
Yes, same….if I get a call from a number I don’t recognise, I decline the call…..if it’s urgent enough they can leave a voicemail….if they don’t, I just block the number and report as spam …….also where I can, I block emails as well……you’re right though, it can be stressful sometimes….

If the caller turns out to be a scammer I block that phone number so if they try to call again the call comes up spammers in bright orange colour so I don't answer it and most times they do not leave a message

Reactions: LynS