Jan A

Dec 16, 2021
Sydney
Scam about iPhones

This scam email arrived twice during the week claiming to be from "Apple", with no other sender details provided. See text below. Links have been removed for safety. How fortuitous that I "won" a prize in a contest I never entered! Note there is a payment for shipping, requiring the recipient to enter their account details. Delivery information, which is not quoted, is required. In other words, they have no idea who you are or where to send this mythical prize that somehow you won out of thin air. You just need to give them all your account details. Laughable!

Hеllo,

Yоu did it!

Cоngratulatiоns! You have wоn an iPhоne 14 Prо

***THЕ RULЕS***

1. Yоu will bе dirеctеd tо thе wеbsitе оf оur cеrtifiеd distributоrs.

2. Еntеr yоur аddrеss аnd оnly раy shiррing fее tо gеt brаnd nеw Apрle
iPhоne 14 Prо.

3. Dеlivеry information (It can bе corrected on thе ordеr pagе!)

Scam about iPhones

This scam email arrived twice during the week claiming to be from "Apple", with no other sender details provided. See text below. Links have been removed for safety. How fortuitous that I "won" a prize in a contest I never entered! Note there is a payment for shipping, requiring the recipient to enter their account details. Delivery information, which is not quoted, is required. In other words, they have no idea who you are or where to send this mythical prize that somehow you won out of thin air. You just need to give them all your account details. Laughable!

Hеllo,

Yоu did it!

Cоngratulatiоns! You have wоn an iPhоne 14 Prо

***THЕ RULЕS***

1. Yоu will bе dirеctеd tо thе wеbsitе оf оur cеrtifiеd distributоrs.

2. Еntеr yоur аddrеss аnd оnly раy shiррing fее tо gеt brаnd nеw Apрle
iPhоne 14 Prо.

3. Dеlivеry information (It can bе corrected on thе ordеr pagе!)
Ah, dear... Yeah. That sounds too good to be true, and is definitely a scam. Thank you for alerting us, member @Jan A!

Reactions: Monmc
I "won" a phone once through Optus, all I had to do was pay a monthly fee. When I said to them " I shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee as I won it and I should be able to pick my own telco" they got a bit narky with me. A couple of days later my sister in law got the same phone call and she was ecstatic that she won. I think she is still tied to Optus

The scary thing is since it was opened whoever is behind it may have access to your phone already. NEVER open a message/email from anyone you don't know or company that you don't check the sender address on first. If it doesn't look right don't open it just delete it. And if you didn't enter a competition but won then delete it too coz it's definately a scam then.

Reactions: Monmc and Ricki