Say goodbye to smelly laundry with this amazing hack you wish you knew sooner!

Laundry day can sometimes turn into a bit of a chore, especially when life gets in the way. You know the drill: you've done the washing, but before you can transfer it to the dryer, something distracts you. Hours later, you're greeted by a less-than-fresh scent emanating from your clothes, and you're left wondering if you need to run the whole cycle again. But fear not, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, because we've stumbled upon a surprising hack that will save your laundry (and your nose) from that dreaded musty fate.

Professional organizer and cleaning guru Anita Birges has shared a viral tip that's left many scratching their heads in disbelief – and it involves a bottle of vodka. No, we're not suggesting a stiff drink to help you forget about your laundry woes (though we wouldn't judge if you did). Instead, Anita recommends using vodka as a powerful deodorizer for your clothes.

The trick is simple: fill a spray bottle with plain vodka, give your laundry a quick spritz, and then let it dry on the back of a chair or in the sunshine. The alcohol in the vodka acts as a natural odor neutralizer, breaking down and eliminating the bacteria that cause those unpleasant smells. It's a quick fix that can save you time, water, and energy by avoiding the need to rewash your clothes.

image (1).jpg
Anita said you can get rid of smelly laundry using vodka. Credit: @mise_en_place_aus / Instagram

Anita's video demonstrating this hack has garnered over 58,000 views, with many viewers expressing their amazement and eagerness to try it out for themselves. Comments ranged from humorous – 'One spray for the clothes, one spray for me' – to appreciative, with many calling it a 'brilliant hack.'

But why does vodka work so well? The secret lies in its high alcohol content, which is effective at killing bacteria and neutralizing odors without leaving a residue or damaging most fabrics. When sprayed onto clothing, the vodka evaporates quickly, taking those nasty odors with it and leaving your garments smelling fresh.

This isn't the first time Anita has shared her unconventional wisdom. She's known for her creative cleaning solutions, which she frequently posts on her Instagram and TikTok pages. In another recent tip, she revealed how to clean mould from water bottles using rice, dishwashing liquid, and water – a hack that's both practical and eco-friendly.

So, next time you find yourself with a basket of laundry that's gone a bit sour, reach for the vodka. It's a cost-effective solution that can extend the life of your clothes and keep them smelling clean without extra washing. And while you're at it, why not explore other household items that can double as cleaning agents? You might be surprised at what you find in your pantry that can tackle everyday cleaning challenges.

Key Takeaways
  • Professional organiser and cleaning expert Anita Birges has shared a hack to remove odours from laundry using vodka in a spray bottle.
  • The alcohol in vodka acts as a natural deodoriser, effectively breaking down and neutralising unpleasant smells in clothes.
  • Anita's cleaning tips are widely viewed and appreciated online, with her recent video reaching more than 58,000 views.
  • Besides the vodka hack, Anita has also demonstrated how to use uncooked rice, dishwashing liquid, and water to remove mould from the inside of water bottles.

We'd love to hear from you, our savvy seniors, about your own laundry hacks and experiences. Have you ever tried using vodka or other unconventional items to freshen up your clothes? Share your stories and tips in the comments below, and let's help each other make laundry day a breeze!

• Wow
Reactions: Ezzy and Dynamo
Sponsored
And IF one can not AFFORD a bottle of vodka , salt and vinegar in a spray bottle works and washes your clothes spotless with no need of expensive stain removers OR Detergent or Vodka that minimum a bottle of VODKA and all the rest cost a fortune robbing some of us from FOOD !!!!!

What an expensive way to stop your laundry from being smelly. Nothing wrong with hanging it on the clothesline in the fresh air and sunshine, works a treat. Much cheaper too. Good exercise and good dose of sunshine into the bargain. Win win all round.

Reactions: Dynamo
I try and get other seniors that read on my phone to join up but when they read stupid things they cringe and politely say NO !Me myself and i , was quite civil in mentioning that the segment that says what happened this day in history , and the date would not show . THIS WAS HAPPENING TO A LOT OF FRIENDS OF MINE AND GUESS WHAT ? I WAS TOLD
IT MUST BE YOUR PHONE because it is okay on their side 🙃🙃🙃🙃🤔🤔 , so i bought a new phone and the same S--T WAS HAPPENING !
Anyway finally it now shows the date . Only because it was something wrong at SDC ! Without even an apology 🥺. We all , and all will make mistakes , as i have and learned from them ! Now i Will do a course on how to make mistakes so that way i can learn some more 😷😂🤣😂😝as for Vodka 😋BUTT DRINK Responsibly please if none at all ! God Bless us all Forever and Beyond 💜🤲🙌🙏☮️🌹🇭🇲🇮🇹🇱🇧🇬🇶 and the World 🌏🌍🌎xoxo 🚭🚭🚭☮️♾️