Say goodbye to ironing: Laundry pro reveals the secret to banishing wrinkles instantly

Ironing is one of those household tasks that can feel like a never-ending battle against fabric creases. For many of us, it's a chore we'd gladly skip if given the chance.

Well, it turns out there might just be a way to keep your clothes wrinkle-free, and it doesn't cost a cent.

We always look for ways to simplify our lives and chores, and ironing is no exception. It's not just about saving time; it's also about finding easier ways to do things that don't require as much physical effort.

The trick, which has been circulating among cleaning experts and has gained popularity on social media platforms, involves something you likely already have in your freezer: ice cubes.

compressed-annie-spratt-5TfCI4nj6B4-unsplash.jpeg
A laundry expert shared a trick to remove wrinkles in clothes. Image source: Unsplash

According to a laundry expert, ice cubes can help you remove wrinkles from your clothes without an iron.

Here's how it works: when you're doing a load of laundry in the tumble dryer, simply toss a few ice cubes in during the last 10 minutes of the cycle.

The heat from the dryer melts the ice cubes, creating steam, which in turn releases the wrinkles from your clothes. It's like having a steam iron work its magic inside your dryer.

The family-run social media account @mommylifesquad was among the first to share this clever trick, and they swear by its effectiveness.

They suggested stopping the ironing routine altogether and instead relying on this simple method to ensure your clothes come out of the dryer looking crisp and wrinkle-free.

The UK-based electrical retailer AO also endorsed the ice cube method in a video, offering it as a tip for 'laundry that actually works’.

They recommend using just a couple of ice cubes for a small load, such as a couple of shirts or a shirt paired with trousers, to avoid overfilling the dryer.

In addition to this wrinkle-free tip, laundry experts often suggest other natural remedies to enhance your washing routine.

For instance, adding bicarb soda can brighten whites and soften towels, while distilled white vinegar can help remove odours and marks, leaving your laundry looking and smelling fresh.

However, as with any tip, results can vary. Some users have reported that the ice cube trick didn't work for them, and others have offered alternative suggestions, such as running a hot cycle with just the shirts for about 25 minutes before adding other items.

Another tip is to promptly remove clothes from the dryer once the cycle is complete to prevent wrinkles from setting in.

It's important to note that while many have found success with this method, it may not be suitable for all fabrics or dryer models. Always use caution and consider the care instructions for your garments.

For those who are sceptical or have had less than stellar results, remember that traditional methods like hanging clothes while they're damp or using a handheld steamer can also be effective at wrinkle removal.

We're always on the lookout for tips and tricks to make life a little easier, and this laundry hack is no exception. It's a simple, cost-effective solution that could save you time and spare you the hassle of ironing.

So next time you dread that pile of clothes waiting to be ironed, why not try the ice cube trick? You might be pleasantly surprised.

You can watch the technique here:

Source: @mommylifesquad/TikTok​

Key Takeaways
  • A laundry expert shared a free trick for removing wrinkles from clothing without ironing.
  • The tip involves throwing a few ice cubes into the dryer at the last 10 minutes of the cycle for a wrinkle-free result.
  • UK-based electrical retailer AO also recommended the ice cube method in their video, along with other laundry tips.
  • Views on the effectiveness of this trick are mixed, with some users reporting positive results and others finding it unsuccessful or advising caution.
We'd love to hear from our members about their experiences with this laundry trick or any other clever tricks they've discovered for keeping their clothes wrinkle-free. Share them in the comments below!

Reactions: Ezzy and IAN3005
Sponsored
I never iron my clothes (I used to before the price of electricity went up) but take the out of the washing machine and stretch them before hanging them. I hang all my clothes.
Using a clothes dryer heaven forbid.... I tossed mine out when the price of electricity went up many moons ago.... they are one of the greatest power-hungry items.

Flick them well before hanging making sure they are like you'd like to wear them and peg them out or put on hangers - if hangers - then make sure you get the shoulder seams lined up on the hanger and the pits are adjusted as well so they sit out. also hang inside out.
Then fold neatly as it all comes off line and there is no need foe stupid boring ironing.

y
Do young people iron clothes these days given their fashion styles are jeans with knees torn etc?
I couldn't believe it when I first saw Denim clothing being sold with everything but the arse ripped out at astronomical prices. This made me more attentive, and it wasn't only the young wearing this ripped garb.

Reactions: Ezzy