Say goodbye to dirty sliding door tracks with this clever cleaning trick!

Sliding doors are all the rage in modern homes; they're like the cool new kid in school, while the hinged door is like the old, reliable friend.

However, as is the case with everything new, they are not without their share of issues - such as the unsightly marks on the tracks, and the build-up of grime, dirt, and dust that can make your sliding door look like it's been living in a snowdrift all winter.

So how can you get your sliding door thinking summertime thoughts with an effective clean? Well, Aussie stylist Liz Amaya has the perfect low-cost solution!

All you need is a few household items you already own, such as a kitchen sponge, vacuum, some scissors, a bowl, dishwashing detergent and hot water. With these tools at your disposal, you'll be able to tackle the grime and dirt that's been building up in your sliding door tracks in no time.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 2.53.41 PM.png
Liz suggests cutting the sponge to fit your door tracks so you can get all the dirt and grime out more easily. Credit: Instagram/liz.amaya.style.

Here's what you need to do:

First, place the sponge over the sliding door tracks, then use a marker or pen to indicate where the tracks are and cut those marks with scissors. This will give you a perfect fit for the sponge.

Next, bring out the heavy artillery: a bowl of hot, soapy water and a trusty dishwashing detergent. Dip the sponge into the water and let it soak up all that sudsy goodness. Rub the wet sponge over the tracks, which should catch all the dirt and grime.

But wait, there's more! For an even deeper clean, you can take it to the next level by using a brush to lift up dirt from the tiny crevices in the tracks before using the sponge.

A good tool for this is the Oates Brush Cleaning Trackbuster from Bunnings for $6.49, which can also be used to clean window tracks.

And to make sure you're getting rid of all the dirt and dust, you can even use a vacuum in combination with the brush and sponge. And just like that, your tracks will be transformed from dirty to sparkling clean in no time!

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 2.53.48 PM.png
Amaya was shocked to discover how much dirt and grime was residing on her door tracks. Credit: Instagram/liz.amaya.style.

Amaya's followers are raving about this cleaning trick! It's not only effective but also reminded many of them that they had been neglecting this spot for a while.

'That's a nifty trick!' exclaimed one impressed follower.

'Great tip! Have to give this a try! Thank you,' posted another, eager to put it to the test.

'OMG, I love this. I only just said today I need to clean my sliding door tracks. Definitely doing this when I get around to it,' exclaimed another, thrilled to have found a solution to their problem.
Key Takeaways

• Aussie stylist Liz Amaya has an effective cleaning hack for sliding door tracks which involves using a kitchen sponge.
  • You will need dishwashing detergent, a marker or pen, scissors, water, and a bowl to do the trick.
  • Cut the sponge to fit the door tracks, and then with soapy water, wipe off the accumulated dirt and grime.
The dirt and grime that accumulates in your sliding door tracks can be more than just an eyesore; it can also cause some serious problems. Not only does it make your door tracks look unappealing, but it can also wreak havoc on the functionality of your door.

As dirt and debris build up in the crevices of the sliding door track, it can cause friction between the door and the track. This can make it difficult to open and close your door or even cause it to become completely stuck.

We've all been there - trying to open your sliding door, only to find it won't budge… Needless to say, it's frustrating and can be a real pain!

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 2.53.55 PM.png
Dirt and grime that have accumulated on your sliding door's tracks over time will eventually cause it to stop functioning properly. Credit: Pexels/Vecislavas Popa.

Not only that, but over time, the dirt and grime can cause wear and tear on the door and track, leading to costly repairs.

So not only do dirty sliding door tracks take away from the aesthetics of your home, but they can also take a toll on your wallet. By keeping your sliding door tracks clean, you can avoid costly repairs and enjoy a smooth-operating, visually pleasing home.

By following the tips and tricks shared in this article, you'll be well on your way to sparkling clean sliding door tracks.

We hope this article has been helpful, members! We wish you all the best in your cleaning endeavours. Remember, a clean home is not only visually pleasing but also a reflection of a clear mind.

Sponsored
Sliding doors are all the rage in modern homes; they're like the cool new kid in school, while the hinged door is like the old, reliable friend.

However, as is the case with everything new, they are not without their share of issues - such as the unsightly marks on the tracks, and the build-up of grime, dirt, and dust that can make your sliding door look like it's been living in a snowdrift all winter.

So how can you get your sliding door thinking summertime thoughts with an effective clean? Well, Aussie stylist Liz Amaya has the perfect low-cost solution!

All you need is a few household items you already own, such as a kitchen sponge, vacuum, some scissors, a bowl, dishwashing detergent and hot water. With these tools at your disposal, you'll be able to tackle the grime and dirt that's been building up in your sliding door tracks in no time.

View attachment 11808
Liz suggests cutting the sponge to fit your door tracks so you can get all the dirt and grime out more easily. Credit: Instagram/liz.amaya.style.

Here's what you need to do:

First, place the sponge over the sliding door tracks, then use a marker or pen to indicate where the tracks are and cut those marks with scissors. This will give you a perfect fit for the sponge.

Next, bring out the heavy artillery: a bowl of hot, soapy water and a trusty dishwashing detergent. Dip the sponge into the water and let it soak up all that sudsy goodness. Rub the wet sponge over the tracks, which should catch all the dirt and grime.

But wait, there's more! For an even deeper clean, you can take it to the next level by using a brush to lift up dirt from the tiny crevices in the tracks before using the sponge.

A good tool for this is the Oates Brush Cleaning Trackbuster from Bunnings for $6.49, which can also be used to clean window tracks.

And to make sure you're getting rid of all the dirt and dust, you can even use a vacuum in combination with the brush and sponge. And just like that, your tracks will be transformed from dirty to sparkling clean in no time!

View attachment 11809
Amaya was shocked to discover how much dirt and grime was residing on her door tracks. Credit: Instagram/liz.amaya.style.

Amaya's followers are raving about this cleaning trick! It's not only effective but also reminded many of them that they had been neglecting this spot for a while.

'That's a nifty trick!' exclaimed one impressed follower.

'Great tip! Have to give this a try! Thank you,' posted another, eager to put it to the test.

'OMG, I love this. I only just said today I need to clean my sliding door tracks. Definitely doing this when I get around to it,' exclaimed another, thrilled to have found a solution to their problem.
Key Takeaways

• Aussie stylist Liz Amaya has an effective cleaning hack for sliding door tracks which involves using a kitchen sponge.
  • You will need dishwashing detergent, a marker or pen, scissors, water, and a bowl to do the trick.
  • Cut the sponge to fit the door tracks, and then with soapy water, wipe off the accumulated dirt and grime.
The dirt and grime that accumulates in your sliding door tracks can be more than just an eyesore; it can also cause some serious problems. Not only does it make your door tracks look unappealing, but it can also wreak havoc on the functionality of your door.

As dirt and debris build up in the crevices of the sliding door track, it can cause friction between the door and the track. This can make it difficult to open and close your door or even cause it to become completely stuck.

We've all been there - trying to open your sliding door, only to find it won't budge… Needless to say, it's frustrating and can be a real pain!

View attachment 11810
Dirt and grime that have accumulated on your sliding door's tracks over time will eventually cause it to stop functioning properly. Credit: Pexels/Vecislavas Popa.

Not only that, but over time, the dirt and grime can cause wear and tear on the door and track, leading to costly repairs.

So not only do dirty sliding door tracks take away from the aesthetics of your home, but they can also take a toll on your wallet. By keeping your sliding door tracks clean, you can avoid costly repairs and enjoy a smooth-operating, visually pleasing home.

By following the tips and tricks shared in this article, you'll be well on your way to sparkling clean sliding door tracks.

We hope this article has been helpful, members! We wish you all the best in your cleaning endeavours. Remember, a clean home is not only visually pleasing but also a reflection of a clear mind.
I am on my way to Bunnings as soon as they open to buy that brush and some sponges. I hate cleaning the tracks and we have sliding doors in most rooms. Being partially disabled (and old!) it is so hard every fortnight for me to get down on the floor and clean these. I use a mini vacuum, toothbrush, all-purpose cleaner and wet-wipe cloths. I am allowed a cleaner through Anglicare for 90 minutes a fortnight who does my floors but is not allowed to do these sliding door tracks.

Reactions: RTS
Not new. But these tracks are fairly new. My doors were put there in 1990 when the house was built. The tracks are so narrow that you can't even put a finger in the space. My fingers are very fine too. I have to use a screwdriver to push the sponge along. Same with the sliding window tracks. It's so frustrating. Actually come to think of it I can't get into the space when lift washing machine lid up at all- way too narrow space and its only 2 years old. I don't get why the designers don't take cleaning into consideration. They've obviously not been faced with cleaning these these, particular old ones, themselves to realise.

Reactions: RTS
I am on my way to Bunnings as soon as they open to buy that brush and some sponges. I hate cleaning the tracks and we have sliding doors in most rooms. Being partially disabled (and old!) it is so hard every fortnight for me to get down on the floor and clean these. I use a mini vacuum, toothbrush, all-purpose cleaner and wet-wipe cloths. I am allowed a cleaner through Anglicare for 90 minutes a fortnight who does my floors but is not allowed to do these sliding door tracks.
I use a vacuum regularly on the tracks and get down reluctantly every now and then to clean them. Sometimes I think those home care cleaners are useless. Mine doesn't clean above her shoulder height or below her knee. These are the areas we need cleaners for when we get older.