Save big on shopping: BIG W announces their Big Toy Sale for 2023 – Find out when it starts!

If you don’t like rubbing elbows with dozens of people in crowded shopping centres during Christmas, you’d know that the best way to avoid that is to go Christmas shopping early.

And what better way to get ahead on your holiday shopping than by stocking up at the highly anticipated BIG W Big Toy Sale?

Year after year, savvy shoppers flock to BIG W's popular event to score fantastic deals on toys and other grandkid favourites, with many seizing the opportunity to stock up on early Christmas or birthday presents at up to 50 per cent off.

Set your alarms, as the massive promotion will kick off online from 7 am on Tuesday, June 13, and in BIG W stores from Thursday, June 15.

Running for a whole month until July 12, the Big Toy Sale – once known as the Toy Mania sale – will offer incredible discounts on hundreds of toys from beloved brands such as Transformers, Bluey, Barbie, and LEGO.

toy1.jpg
The sale is set to run for a whole month. Credit: Mike Bird/Pexels

The sale catalogue will be released on Monday in BIG W and Woolworths stores, giving you a sneak peek at the amazing bargains on offer.

For instance, gifts perfect for the grandkids, including the Magic Mixies Crystal Ball, will be reduced to a mere $50! The Nerf Fortnite B-AR Blaster for just $37, a significant saving from its original price of $75.

Hot Wheels fans are certainly in for a treat, as the 1:24 Monster Trucks will be available for just $9 each. Barbie Outdoor Playsets are hitting shelves for $30 at a whopping discount of over 50 per cent! And don't forget about the Transformers Rise of the Beasts Smash Changers, which will see their price slashed to a mere $34 each.

The popular L.O.L Surprise Original Tot dolls will also be sold at half-price, only $10 each. For your littlest grandchildren, you can give them the Fisher-Price DJ Bouncin' Beats for $44, and Bluey's Brisbane Bus Adventure Playset will be sold for $19.

toy2.jpg
Among the deals are Hot Wheels’ 1:24 Monster Trucks. Credit: BIG W

Parents and grandparents alike are buzzing with excitement ahead of the promotion, sharing their special toy sale budgeting tips online.

‘Set yourself a budget and stick to it! Only pick the few items you know your child will truly enjoy...This is the way we generally try to do it. Otherwise, it's easy to get swept up into buying heaps,’ one shared.

Many customers swear by BIG W's Lay-by option, which allows shoppers to pay off their purchases within 20 weeks, alleviating financial stress around the holidays.

‘I also love being super organised and not having to rush around the shops in December; I can't stand the crowds,’ one social media user added.

‘I lay-by in June sales and pay it off until the first week of December. To be honest, the kids change their minds on half the stuff, so I just exchange it when finished. At least this way, the money is already paid, and you can just exchange the items and don't need to find more money around Christmas,’ another explained.

But that's not all – to help families manage their budgets even further, BIG W is also offering payment solutions such as Afterpay and Zip Pay.

Plus, they will have special promotions on Everyday Rewards points, letting shoppers earn ten times more points on brands such as Transformers, Wahu, X Shot, CAT, LEGO Ninjago, and Nerf, as well as 2,000 points on participating products, and many more.

The Big Toy Sale has consistently caused a stir in previous years.

Last year, a mother reported waiting outside the store from 3 am to be first in line for her early Christmas shopping.

‘This is all for my step-kids and my daughter's Christmas. I've been here since 3 o'clock in the morning. I was the first in the plaza but not in the shop,’ she said.

‘It's just the lay-by going until December. It makes everything so much more convenient to pay it off. Imagine buying all of this at once for Christmas.’

So, members, mark your calendars and be prepared to grab some incredible deals!
Key Takeaways
  • BIG W's Big Whopping Toy Sale starts on June 15, offering up to 50 per cent off on hundreds of popular toys.
  • The sale runs for a month until July 12 and includes brands such as Transformers, Bluey, Barbie, and LEGO.
  • Shoppers can plan their purchases with the sale catalogue dropping in BIG W and Woolworths stores on Monday.
  • Payment solutions such as Afterpay, Zip Pay, and Lay-by are available to help families manage their budgets, as well as the opportunity to earn Everyday Rewards points.
With so much on offer, you’re sure to tick off your shopping list and save some money. Have you ever shopped at BIG W’s Big Toy Sale? Tell us your experiences and best money-saving tips in the comments below!

Sponsored
Just as well we have grown up children in their late 40s & 50s, no little grandchildren so no toys to be bought any more.