Geoff8

Jan 2, 2022
Saucepan lids

I am wondering if any members have any suggestions or advice on how to clean the glass saucepan lids which I have noticed are going rusty due to the steam from cooking. Has anyone else noticed their lids doing the same?
Any help greatly appreciated.
:unsure:

This is such a good question... I have the same problem. I don't have any tips of my own, but I will pop this in tomorrow's newsletter and see if any of our other members have any tips :)

Reactions: Ricci
I am wondering if any members have any suggestions or advice on how to clean the glass saucepan lids which I have noticed are going rusty due to the steam from cooking. Has anyone else noticed their lids doing the same?
Stainless steel going rusty is likely to be because they are left wet zoe damp when put away.
you can try to clean off the rust by using a microfibre cloth with a cream cleaner- ( if product is too liquid it will not provide sufficient texture to ruin it clean.
always throughly dry the pan & lids and don’t keep SSTEEL DISHES in fridge as this can cause rust.

Soap and water and a soft cloth

Unfortunately that won’t work as I can’t get the glass lid off from the aluminium lid as it is fixed by rivets. If I could break rivets and then replace with stainless steel screws would be great but I know the glass would crack. Ideas are great in theory but not practice, appreciate feed back.

We had a similar problem with electric kettle. Try soaking in warm water with 2 or 3 denture tablets.
That sounds like a good idea, thank you I will give it a go and let you know if it works