Sarah Ferguson says that she 'stands by Prince Andrew 100 per cent' despite Jeffrey Epstein scandal

Sarah Ferguson has said in a recent interview that she 'stands by Prince Andrew 100 per cent' despite scandal allegations linked with Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duchess of York appeared on the long-running Italian talk show Porta a Porta to promote her Mills and Boon novel, Her Heart for a Compass.

UMskBHMYoRGNm9vdrj1Gwxs5CqT63iJ_WXjvgeUGtPXakwNVkkj4JedVHDK5YMHYvzhrPRw7jl2kKjyioFOFlS_aLsrRhXWfK3s5FkxuNuwU1rv0pFWPY6Oi6QRtZx-S9RN8O3Y

Sarah Ferguson appeared on the long-running Italian talk show Porta a Porta to promote her new romance novel. Credit: Maria Laura Antonelli/REX.

And while the 61-year-old Duchess was supposed to talk about her romance novel, presenter Bruno Vespa befittingly shifted the focus of the questions on her relationship with Prince Andrew and the rest of the Royal Family.

"It was the best day of my life," Fergie said, reflecting on her wedding with the 62-year-old royal.

'3rd July 1986, when I married the best man in the world.'

'I was the luckiest girl in the world.'

'It was truly a fairy-tale because I was marrying a prince.'

3Efd_9FfUfrllRiLrj3RzWoIbuAst4tJerXmI75r1ShrECry2cFbokPaKjK6aUFpQmslv3xvK0vLN6SL6GuNmY0MHgzhusD_r6t8yEZLu2kxNf5Xz3OPzIEkOQaWOTR2-mcs0bE

Fergie said that her wedding with Prince Andrew was the best day of her life, describing the event as a ‘fairy-tale’. Credit: REX/Shutterstock.

'First of all, I was marrying a man, then I was marrying a naval officer, and then I was marrying a Prince and he was very good looking, a handsome prince from all the fairy-tales he even had the sword.'

Although the Duke and Duchess of York — who shared daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie — have been separated for a decade, they still remain close.

It must also be noted that the couple are continuously living at the Royal Lodge on the Queen's Windsor estate.

-AH1lYFd2zpX59aVmQJYVuE0kldAFD4oZ0e3tTenzCfZo56ESFN9rMTkfKh5BiNC3P9xptCUIai7FiVVlOxG_O3C6k6DowW9sb2HhRTns9Lnvizh0xz-xVhkzQ0aEMq8cgF6p1I

Despite being separated for 10 years, the couple remained close and are still living at the Royal Lodge on the Queen's Windsor estate. Credit: Getty Images.

She continued: 'I believe that the love I have for him and he has for me is just very different from what normal people have. We have great respect and love for each other. It really is our own fairy-tale and it's our own lives, how we like to be, with total respect and honour to each other.'

When asked about the sexual abuse allegations on Prince Andrew, Fergie said that she 'stands by him 100 per cent' and that they will continue to 'grow together'.

'I completely stand by Andrew 100 per cent,' she said.

'He is such a kind, great man, he is a brilliant father and now a fantastic grandfather.'

'I feel very strongly that in this day and age that we must stand by our hearts, what we think is right with integrity and honour and loyalty.'

VRyHMZQVqBCA5cOywmAgCbjw3ygMD7eMgNii_parp2m07BAtIUNJd9QTW25ru3bfjEsNqLaUhFG0yy6t0ujXw47jAOX5RaVov2g30jP3B4HYL8xpGvzgXgGh5kMbNLg_QRxFYuA

The Duchess of York said that she completely stands by the Duke of York. Credit: Maria Laura Antonelli/REX.

Prince Andrew was one of the personalities named Epstein's infamous 97-page book which contains the names and addresses of almost 2,000 world leaders, celebrities and businessmen who allegedly participated in the exploits of the late convicted sex trafficker.

The Duke of York and others named in the book have denied the sexual abuse allegations.

Sponsored