Sam Mac shares an adorable photo of him and his daughter on Instagram – can you spot the cheeky detail?

Being a parent is one of those experiences in life that no amount of research and planning can prepare us for. We can read every book, watch every video, and listen to every piece of advice out there, but there is no way to truly understand parenthood until we've gone through it ourselves.

For a first-time mum or dad, being a parent often feels like walking on eggshells – and this is probably how television host, entertainer, and Sunrise weather presenter, Sam Mac, would describe the feeling after his now two-week-old daughter Margot was born.

In one of his most recent posts on Instagram, the 40-year-old first-time dad shared an adorable picture showing him and his daughter bonding together. And by bonding, we mean that Margot was sleeping peacefully while her father looked stressed out trying to keep her comfortable.

However, several fans couldn't help but notice another amusing detail in the otherwise wholesome photo. When you look closely, you can see that Margot has her middle finger raised and that she also smeared a bit of vomit on the weatherman's shirt.

1SDzXEt1G0O1AxhUa4R5kq-9SVSjTktg-JB1PRElGC1cURsArz8OYj60ivcbzDcdcqeYNjrb0IsHe1_yr_bchrfBLG9YitGEQUe47Hl8FJs9eC5IsSehLQXEDzJmDu8JdnDgzr_zI_mVzBYYoQkeWs56cmsAaNbyArNaxLXNJvJ8u_ecPI0CV-qVww

Sam Mac shared a cheeky photo of him and his daughter on Instagram. Credit: Instagram/sammacinsta.

'Margot is 2 weeks old today, and she's just given me my first performance review,' Sam Mac wrote in the caption of his post.

It wasn't long before the comments section was flooded with comments from Sam's family members, friends and colleagues from the television industry, and of course, from the thousands of fans keeping up with him on social media.

Rebecca James, his girlfriend, gave him some encouraging words by saying: 'Hahaha, you're doing amazing, sweetie.'

Several followers were also delighted by the hilarious father-and-daughter scenario, and one user wrote: 'Hahaha, I thought you were talking about the spit and then I zoomed in and saw her middle finger.'

Others, meanwhile, jokingly warned Sam that this might mean his daughter is already starting to develop an attitude.

'She's flipping the bird after a [spew]! Just wait until she starts bossing you around,' one user joked in the comments, while a second one added, 'Lmfao chuck, then the middle finger at 2 weeks. You're in trouble…'

zFN9UKBxtE1nLx5IPwOkFGkbiwdLeciSr_Tx8H1JRdyFiZULiWZSgueJ6_vgDSgU1bxN_yoOfOy2cblbItOKWN7EgpGRO80Ol3GhretllZGG72CDIaGu8brGiCT6vTBpmO6c8jYI3D1gDnbyQGfHWlyxktTR2W0mKYBsPTUUGj8Pmrc_gEgBdpS57Q

Sam and his girlfriend Rebecca welcomed their first child two weeks ago. Credit: Instagram/sammacinsta.

Of course, fellow parents on social media couldn't help but share their own experiences as well, with many saying that the early months and years of parenthood are often the hardest.

'Have you had the leaking nappy all over your lap yet? Then you'll know you're alive,' one mum shared.

Meanwhile, a fellow first-time dad said: 'Mate, that's nothing. At 2 weeks, I was shat on from the changing table. On my face, in my hair, up the wall behind me. Now that's amazing.'

There was another recent Instagram post by Sam that also got quite a lot of attention on social media.

When the weatherman snapped a photo of his girlfriend Rebecca enjoying a (rather huge) glass of wine while holding Margot, some fans said that it might not be advisable for a breastfeeding mum to consume any alcohol.

'Should you be drinking while breastfeeding? Or are you bottle feeding?' one follower asked in the comments section of the photo, and a second user went on to add: 'Umm, you are not supposed to drink if you're breastfeeding…'

This led to a bunch of discussions in the post about whether it really is advisable for breastfeeding mums to drink alcohol, such as a glass of wine.

According to the Australian Government's Department of Health and Aged Care, when a breastfeeding mother drinks alcohol, the amount of alcohol in her blood and breastmilk is the same, and this can be passed on to the baby.

Since a newborn's brain is more vulnerable to alcohol's toxic effects than an adult's, it's possible that a parent's drinking could stunt their child's mental growth.

Even though it wasn't revealed if Rebecca actually drank from the enormous glass of wine, or whether or not she was breastfeeding her child herself, baby Margot appears to be healthy and full of life, and that's all that matters!

We, the people here at the SDC, hope everything works out well for these new parents! What do you think about this story, folks? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.

Sponsored
She never actually drank the wine. I had messaged him and said she shouldn't be drinking and he replied it was just for photos .

That glass actually had a whole bottle poured into it and shared out between family and friends.

This is a great post as grandparents are now aware drinking and breast feeding don't go and may need to inform their daughter / daughter inlaw ect

She never actually drank the wine. I had messaged him and said she shouldn't be drinking and he replied it was just for photos .

That glass actually had a whole bottle poured into it and shared out between family and friends.

This is a great post as grandparents are now aware drinking and breast feeding don't go and may need to inform their daughter / daughter inlaw ect
All out of the same glass? Tut, tut ...

• Wow
Reactions: Tervueren
Good Grief!! Surely it is her own business and who knows what the tv stations put her up to!! Leave the poor Mum alone and if she goes along with the Station for a laugh who are you to judge her!

Who cares? Only the people who live their lives vicariously through the cretiniser ...