SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Riddle Masters 27.01.2022

Hey members! Ah we are so sorry, we didn't add the riddle masters link to this mornings email! So please pop your answers below! The riddle goes:

"Your life will be spared, if you can solve this simple problem." The King told his prisoner.

"On your cell floor, the guard has placed six bags of gold coins. Bags 1 and 2 each contain 50 coins. Between them, bags 3 and 4 contain 75 coins, and bags 5 and 6 each hold 2 coins. Your task is to keep as many of the coins as you can. In 1 minute, which of the bags should you throw away?"

Ooooof a tough one that's for sure! But I'm sure you lot know the go ;)

Good luck with this one riddle masters! And as always, your answers and others' answers will be hidden by a 'spoiler' button. To see these answers, simply click the spoiler button!

Good luck and happy riddle-ing!

Going on the assumption that you can only hold one bag of gold in each hand, then I would throw away bags 3, 4, 5 & 6. I would keep bags 1 & 2 totaling 100coins. Bags 3 & 4 only total 75 coins and bags 5&6 only total 4 coins. So Bags 3, 4, 5, & 6 only total 79 coins.

You are given one minute to solve the problem. That is enough time to transfer ALL the coins into bag one and throw away the other empty bags.

Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
I would throw away bags 3, 4, 5 & 6. Clearly you know why!
But then again you haven't told us how big these coins are and how much they are worth in Dollars but based upon the information given I have given my answer.

A: The only way to "keep" those bags is to hold onto them, thus two bags (i.e. two hands) is all I can "keep".
Operation #1: Bags 3 and 4 get tipped together - whether there is 1 coin in one of them and 74 in the other doesn't matter: you now have 75 (value of the coins is irrelevant, as the King has asked for "number of coins"!).
Operation #2: Add Bag 1 to 2: you now have 100 coins in this bag.
Operation #3 Add Bag 5 to bag 6, then add to Bag 2 (you now have 104 in one hand).
Operation #4: Throw away all four empty bags and pick up the other bag.
* You now have two bags with all coins in them in under one minute! Keep them!

B: Or, of course, if you are fast and do not spill any coins, tip them all into Bag 3 or 4 and throw away the rest.

C: Tip either 5 or 6 (only two coins have to be transferred) into the other bag, thus keeping 5 bags with all coins, and throw the empty one out.

D: IF you are not permitted to transfer any coins into another bag, I'd throw out Bag 5 or 6 (there is the possibility that either Bag 3 or 4 contains just 1 coin: you would already know that because it would be lighter than your Bags 5 and 6 containing just 2 coins each, thus making the lightest bag the one to dispose of!).

E: BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN READ THIS FAR!

put all the cons in one bag snd throw away the empty bags. If you can only take one bac eithet bag 1 or 2 for 50 coind

Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
A: The only way to "keep" those bags is to hold onto them, thus two bags (i.e. two hands) is all I can "keep".
Operation #1: Bags 3 and 4 get tipped together - whether there is 1 coin in one of them and 74 in the other doesn't matter: you now have 75 (value of the coins is irrelevant, as the King has asked for "number of coins"!).
Operation #2: Add Bag 1 to 2: you now have 100 coins in this bag.
Operation #3 Add Bag 5 to bag 6, then add to Bag 2 (you now have 104 in one hand).
Operation #4: Throw away all four empty bags and pick up the other bag.
* You now have two bags with all coins in them in under one minute! Keep them!

B: Or, of course, if you are fast and do not spill any coins, tip them all into Bag 3 or 4 and throw away the rest.

C: Tip either 5 or 6 (only two coins have to be transferred) into the other bag, thus keeping 5 bags with all coins, and throw the empty one out.

D: IF you are not permitted to transfer any coins into another bag, I'd throw out Bag 5 or 6 (there is the possibility that either Bag 3 or 4 contains just 1 coin: you would already know that because it would be lighter than your Bags 5 and 6 containing just 2 coins each, thus making the lightest bag the one to dispose of!).

E: BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN READ THIS FAR!
Yes I read until "E" and still am amazed how much thought went into it for your answers.

Hey members! Ah we are so sorry, we didn't add the riddle masters link to this mornings email! So please pop your answers below! The riddle goes:

"Your life will be spared, if you can solve this simple problem." The King told his prisoner.

"On your cell floor, the guard has placed six bags of gold coins. Bags 1 and 2 each contain 50 coins. Between them, bags 3 and 4 contain 75 coins, and bags 5 and 6 each hold 2 coins. Your task is to keep as many of the coins as you can. In 1 minute, which of the bags should you throw away?"

Ooooof a tough one that's for sure! But I'm sure you lot know the go ;)

Good luck with this one riddle masters! And as always, your answers and others' answers will be hidden by a 'spoiler' button. To see these answers, simply click the spoiler button!

Good luck and happy riddle-ing!

Why throw any bags/coins away, unless you want to put the coins into fewer bags to help ease of carrying them?

"On your cell floor, the guard has placed six bags of gold coins. Bags 1 and 2 each contain 50 coins. Between them, bags 3 and 4 contain 75 coins, and bags 5 and 6 each hold 2 coins. Your task is to keep as many of the coins as you can. In 1 minute, which of the bags should you throw a
none