REVEALED: How to make your bottle of perfume or cologne last longer!

Who wouldn't want to smell good all the time?

Putting on your perfume or cologne is probably the quickest and easiest part of your daily routine. Just a few spritzes here and there, and you're ready to go!

It's so easy to do that most of us probably don't even stop to think about whether or not we're doing it right.

But when it comes to wearing scents, there's actually a lot more to it than meets the eye!

Did you know that the longevity of the scent on your skin actually depends on where you spray it, how much you use, and even where you keep the bottle?

You're in luck, members, because here, we'll talk about some of the best practices and advice for increasing the effectiveness and life span of your perfume and cologne, both when wearing it and storing it.

MNAY1pd3lCM5BdnPIoS_tscuz27N0lKyF9aDaB3aTgy0_zyuzU8MObSa_0ENJiSBHTzcSME7uARUQyOmsUGwCJwpMim-zzm1SXhhR2LjVwt8z4jqLNneuW1zyUiwW8ym7GP7t2uCIvM57rhx2r_2lpI

Most people are not properly using their perfume. Credit: The List.

For many people, spraying on a scent has become as much a part of daily life as brushing teeth.

However, a number of them also notice that by the time noon rolls around, their favourite scent has already faded away. This forces them to re-apply a few spritzes, which can be quite a hassle. Not to mention, it can be costly!

Luckily, there are simple tips and tricks you can use to make your favourite scents last longer and be more noticeable. Here are some things you will need:
  • Your favourite bottle of perfume or cologne
  • Moisturiser
  • Tissue paper

Make sure to moisturise your skin before applying perfume.

The first, and probably the most important, tip perfume experts like to share is properly moisturising the skin before applying perfume.

When applied to dry skin, perfume quickly loses its scent as it evaporates. So, make sure your skin is soft and well-moisturised before you put on perfume so that the scent will stick to your skin better.

Apply perfume to your body's pulse points.

The best places to put perfume are your pulse points, which are warm and damp because that's where your veins are closest to your skin.

How you and other people smell perfume also depends on where you put it.

If you want to be able to smell the perfume yourself, put it on your neck, chin, and collarbones, which are close to your nose. By putting it on your wrists and inner elbows, you can smell your perfume whenever you want.

If you want to smell good for your partner, put it on your chest, shoulder blades, below and above your ears.

If you are someone who enjoys leaving a 'sillage' (also known as a smell trail) for others who are in close proximity to you, then the back of your neck and the back of your knees are good places to apply it.

vnZYnsMZvpg2tpyBmCQI8RB-xhEp9xb1irjDyKMnIS0Jaman6p8avDqGQ5KvTSVOwTVDpMbAIpJLr12vu0V4vkt1qzWAzRSXbeO2AC4XfbKM7yqwIHIVKBEL05Yval0_bVF258YGFx2f-qqRGjMwY9o

Perfumes last longer when they are kept in a cool, dark place. Credit: Getty Images.

Apply perfume on a hairbrush.

If you spray an alcohol-based scent directly on your hair, it will dry it out. Instead, spray the scent on your brush and then run it through your hair. Your hair will be left with a subtle smell and will not be damaged in any way.

Spray perfume on a piece of tissue paper.

If you want your clothes to smell 'just like you', line your drawers with a piece of tissue paper sprayed with your favourite scent.

Store perfume in a cool, dark place.

It's not a good idea to keep your perfume in your bathroom, where the steam from your daily showers can mix with it. Water, humidity, and sudden changes in temperature can all change the way a perfume smells and make it go bad faster.

Also, any kind of light, but especially sunlight, can break down the ingredients in a perfume.

Make sure to store them in a place that is cold and dark, or even better, keep them in the box that they arrived in originally.

So there you have it! We hope these tips will be helpful to you. If you have more to add to the list, feel free to let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
If you use a reed diffuser to perfume your home don't throw it out when all the liquid is gone. Put it on a shelf in your wardrobe and for a couple of months the smell will permeate the smaller enclosed space and make you clothing smell nice.:)

These are very cool tips for putting on perfume. I always want to smell good, but my perfumes aren't exactly long-lasting. So I was looking for some advice practices and advice for increasing the effectiveness of my perfume, both when wearing it and storing it. I usually buy cosmetic products in shopping malls and specialty stores. When the pandemic started, I started ordering cosmetics, grooming products, and perfumes online. Until recently, I was skeptical of fragrances and rarely bought new ones. Now I often order perfume samples at www.decantx.com. I like to try different scents for a small price. It's convenient to take small versions of perfume with me and refresh the scent throughout the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci