Residents up in arms over audacious act on $200,000 BMW—see why!

In the picturesque suburb of Cremorne, nestled on Sydney's affluent lower north shore, a scene has left residents and Australians nationwide shocked and bemused.

A luxury BMW, with a price tag of a whopping $200,000, became the canvas for a very public and very pink plea for attention.

The grey X5 M model, a vehicle synonymous with wealth and status, was parked on a bustling street in Neutral Bay, drawing the eyes of passersby.

The words 'Nathan call me' and 'Nathan call me ASAP' were written on the bonnet and passenger doors, respectively, with the paint running and dripping down the car's sides in a desperate cascade.

1725848208977.png
Expensive BMW X5 M vandalised with pink graffiti urging 'Nathan' to call back ASAP. Credit: @mosmancollective / Instagram

The act of vandalism, or perhaps a misguided attempt at communication, was captured and shared by the Mosman Collective social media account, quickly becoming a hot topic of conversation.

The footage, accompanied by a caption expressing confusion and a hint of urgency for the mysterious Nathan to make a call, has sparked speculation and commentary across social media.

Such an audacious act seems out of place in a suburb where the median house price soars over $3 million.

It has led many to wonder what Nathan could have done to provoke such a public display.

‘Not sure what’s going on here,’ the caption said.

‘But if your name is Nathan and you own a flash, grey BMW that’s parked on one of Neutral Bay’s busiest streets, someone needs you to call them ASAP.’

‘I hope you’ve got the car detailer on standby.’

Theories and jokes abound, referencing everything from potential paternity surprises to scenes reminiscent of the thriller 'Fatal Attraction.'

While some viewers found humour in the situation, others expressed concern for Nathan, advising him to either make that urgent call or to run for the hills to avoid what some have dubbed a 'stage 5 clinger.'

‘Run, Nathan!’ one wrote.

‘It’s all over where Nathan obviously lives, too. Hope Nathan rings soon, or we will have a very ‘pink’ street,’ a neighbour joked.

Further reports suggested that the same pink messages were also found at a residence, indicating that the person behind the graffiti was determined to be heard.

However, the plot thickens as there may have been a case of mistaken identity or location.

Some locals have pointed out that the car and house targeted may not even belong to Nathan, with one neighbour noting that the graffiti also appeared on their garage door.

It's important to remember that graffiti is a criminal offence in New South Wales, carrying potential penalties including imprisonment and hefty fines under Section 195 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW).

If the property's value is $5,000 or less, the Local Court will handle the case.

In New South Wales, the maximum penalty for such cases is two years in prison or a fine of up to $5,500.

According to someone claiming to know him, he's currently overseas with his partner.

‘I know Nathan, he’s overseas right now with his partner! I’ll be sure to let him know!’ they wrote.
Key Takeaways
  • An expensive BMW X5 M was vandalised with pink graffiti, demanding someone named Nathan call back ASAP.
  • The graffitied luxury vehicle, valued at around $200,000, was parked on a busy street in Neutral Bay, a wealthy suburb in Sydney's lower north shore.
  • The unusual act of vandalism sparked speculation and humour among Aussies online, with many wondering what Nathan did to provoke such a desperate message.
  • While the graffiti incident has been perceived as amusing by some, it is a criminal offence in New South Wales, carrying potential heavy penalties, including imprisonment and fines.
Have you ever witnessed a similar act of public messaging gone awry? What's the most unusual way you've seen someone try to get in touch with another person? Let's hear your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
Many years ago we were driving along the parking lanes in a Westfield shopping centre on the lower North Shore doing a number plate check using the side mounted cameras on our Police vehicle. We saw a male 'leaning' over the bonnet of a brand new Toyota Landcruiser. From his position my partner and I thought he may be in a 'health distress' situation, so we stopped and walked towards him. He was so engrossed in what he was doing he didn't notice our vehicle or us walking over to him. As we got closer we observed that he had a screwdriver in his hand and he was 'engraving into the bonnet of the 4x4. We spoke to him and he stood up-right holding the screwdriver and I noticed that it had been sharpend to a point. He had 'engraved' the words 'Bullbars kill people' into the bonnet of the car into the metal of the bonnet. He had also punctured a number of holes into the front doors, on both sides, a total of 25 holes, right through the metal and some had gone into the inner door lining. When asked why he had done this, he very proudly stated that, 'he agreed with the 'spokes-person' from the pedestrian council who had stated the same words that he had 'engraved into the bonnet.' He was charged, the owner was informed and told to get a quote on repairs, he was a retired gentleman, had just bought the car 3 weeks earlier, he and his wife were about to set off on their around Australia journey, a life-time dream, and it was the first 'new car' he had ever owned. The 'idiot' appeared in Court, pleaded guilty, in a 'very proud manner', he was ordered to pay damages totaling $4,600.00, fined $1200, plus Court Costs and a 2yr Good Behaviour Bond.. which 'took the wind out of his sails.. The owner of the vehicle was shattered, they had to delay their trip, as they had to wait for a new bonnet and doors. The only 'up-side' for me was the look on the 'idiot's face when he saw how much he had to pay and later I found out that the then Magistrate owned a 4x4 and was about to leave on a trip for his leave. I think he realised the trauma that the victim had been through when passing sentence.

Many years ago we were driving along the parking lanes in a Westfield shopping centre on the lower North Shore doing a number plate check using the side mounted cameras on our Police vehicle. We saw a male 'leaning' over the bonnet of a brand new Toyota Landcruiser. From his position my partner and I thought he may be in a 'health distress' situation, so we stopped and walked towards him. He was so engrossed in what he was doing he didn't notice our vehicle or us walking over to him. As we got closer we observed that he had a screwdriver in his hand and he was 'engraving into the bonnet of the 4x4. We spoke to him and he stood up-right holding the screwdriver and I noticed that it had been sharpend to a point. He had 'engraved' the words 'Bullbars kill people' into the bonnet of the car into the metal of the bonnet. He had also punctured a number of holes into the front doors, on both sides, a total of 25 holes, right through the metal and some had gone into the inner door lining. When asked why he had done this, he very proudly stated that, 'he agreed with the 'spokes-person' from the pedestrian council who had stated the same words that he had 'engraved into the bonnet.' He was charged, the owner was informed and told to get a quote on repairs, he was a retired gentleman, had just bought the car 3 weeks earlier, he and his wife were about to set off on their around Australia journey, a life-time dream, and it was the first 'new car' he had ever owned. The 'idiot' appeared in Court, pleaded guilty, in a 'very proud manner', he was ordered to pay damages totaling $4,600.00, fined $1200, plus Court Costs and a 2yr Good Behaviour Bond.. which 'took the wind out of his sails.. The owner of the vehicle was shattered, they had to delay their trip, as they had to wait for a new bonnet and doors. The only 'up-side' for me was the look on the 'idiot's face when he saw how much he had to pay and later I found out that the then Magistrate owned a 4x4 and was about to leave on a trip for his leave. I think he realised the trauma that the victim had been through when passing sentence.
Even after having been absent from the area now for nearly twenty years, and dealing with him for nearly thirteen years before that, shivers run down my spine every time any memory of HCWS of Bickell Rd Mosman infamy with his one-man-band Pedestrian Council triggers. That yoyo was Entitled before Entitlement was even A Thing.