I looked this up. The article started off by saying that not all cannibals agreed that human flesh tasted like pork.

William Seabrook, an author and journalist, traveled to West Africa in the 1920s and later described an encounter with eating man-flesh.

It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable.

Crazy stuff.

I looked this up. The article started off by saying that not all cannibals agreed that human flesh tasted like pork.

William Seabrook, an author and journalist, traveled to West Africa in the 1920s and later described an encounter with eating man-flesh.

It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable.

Crazy stuff.
Interesting research, for responding to a joke.

I did say 'some' cannibals and further added 'allegedly'.

Because many modern anthropologist are adamant that all claims of cannibalism in native cultures are, at best, unverified and many are lies perpetrated by ribal cultural groups.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some cultural groups that claim to be, or have been, cannibals do so for the tourism that it generates and for the fun of laughing at the tourists who believe it.

Last edited: