I do remember these old signs. A few years ago I took my grandchildren for a train trip from Maitland to dungog in the Hunter valley. They still had these signs at Maitland station. Not in use, but still on the platforms. They also still have the pull down signs the station workers used to pull down to indicate which train was arriving on each platform next. Maitland station has about 5 platforms still in use. All the old ticket office windows are still there, I’m guessing a lot of this memorabilia is still in place as Maitland station plays a major role in the usually annual steamfest festival held in the Hunter valley. My daughters best friend is actually the station master at one of the Maitland area stations. This station is only manned a few hours a day on weekdays but she loves it and is happy working part time. A few of the busier stations on hunter lines have a station master a few hours a day, and most of them have some of this old memorabilia on the platforms. Of course a lot has been vandalised as is the case with so much these days.

I do remember these old signs. A few years ago I took my grandchildren for a train trip from Maitland to dungog in the Hunter valley. They still had these signs at Maitland station. Not in use, but still on the platforms. They also still have the pull down signs the station workers used to pull down to indicate which train was arriving on each platform next. Maitland station has about 5 platforms still in use. All the old ticket office windows are still there, I’m guessing a lot of this memorabilia is still in place as Maitland station plays a major role in the usually annual steamfest festival held in the Hunter valley. My daughters best friend is actually the station master at one of the Maitland area stations. This station is only manned a few hours a day on weekdays but she loves it and is happy working part time. A few of the busier stations on hunter lines have a station master a few hours a day, and most of them have some of this old memorabilia on the platforms. Of course a lot has been vandalised as is the case with so much these days.
I've seen it as well at Maitland station . Two of my nieces grew up and still live in Dungog

I've seen it as well at Maitland station . Two of my nieces grew up and still live in Dungog
Well fancy that, I spent some time living in dungog area while I was at school. I still have family members who live in and around dungog. My parents and brother are buried in dungog cemetery so we usually visit there a couple of times a year.

Well fancy that, I spent some time living in dungog area while I was at school. I still have family members who live in and around dungog. My parents and brother are buried in dungog cemetery so we usually visit there a couple of times a year.
My sister is in Taree and sadly a drug addict. Her daughters , my nieces were fostered by a lovely couple in Dungog and my niece still lives there.

Oh no! Are they still in use today? Central Station had a huge arrival/departures board, just the same as those and not sure if they are still there as haven't been there for quite a while. As a growing teenager it was always exciting to catch a train down to the big smoke and all that Sydney had to offer. We would stop at Central Station and go to the "refreshments room" where you could get coffee in a metal pot which kept the coffee hot and a small milk jug and a sandwich after our hours long journey. Hungry Jacks is there now.

Oh no! Are they still in use today? Central Station had a huge arrival/departures board, just the same as those and not sure if they are still there as haven't been there for quite a while. As a growing teenager it was always exciting to catch a train down to the big smoke and all that Sydney had to offer. We would stop at Central Station and go to the "refreshments room" where you could get coffee in a metal pot which kept the coffee hot and a small milk jug and a sandwich after our hours long journey. Hungry Jacks is there now.
Central station has changed drastically over the past 5 years. Not so much the platforms but the actual stations and entry level .