Prisoner and Neighbours Floor Manager Ray Lindsay passes away

The Australian television industry is mourning the loss of one of its most cherished figures, Ray Lindsay, a revered floor manager known for his work on iconic shows such as Prisoner and Neighbours.

His passing has left a void in the hearts of colleagues, fans, and family alike as they remember a man who was not only a 'legend' in the business but also a 'true professional’.

Ray Lindsay's journey in the entertainment world began in the theatre, where he landed his first job at The Tivoli.

His passion and dedication quickly propelled him to significant roles as a Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager at JC Williamson’s Theatrical Productions during the 1960s.

432738648_3863440897219236_6167630195249203931_n.jpg
Ray Lindsay, the floor manager of Prisoners and Neighbours, has passed away. Credit: Ray Lindsay / Facebook

His career took a turn towards television when he joined ATV-0, which would later become part of the Network Ten family.

Here, Ray's talents shone brightly as he worked his way up from being one of the stagehands to leading the department.

His name became synonymous with some of the most popular Australian TV shows, including The Box, Prisoner, and Neighbours.

Ray's personal life was as rich as his professional one.

He met his wife Sue at The Princess Theatre, where she was a dancer in the production of Carousel. Their partnership blossomed into a loving marriage, and together they raised seven children.

He peacefully passed away in his home last Sunday, 24 March.

The news of Ray's passing was met with an outpouring of tributes from those who knew and worked with him.

Rob 'Belvedere' Mascara, another floor manager, shared a heartfelt tribute, calling Ray 'the godfather of TV production’.

‘Growing up and seeing his credit on Prisoner for so many years, then being offered a job by Ray in January 1990 at ATV 10 Melbourne on Neighbours at the age of 17, was a dream come true,’ he said.

‘A great mentor, a true professional and an absolute gentleman. RIP Mr Lindsay.'

‘Vale Ray Lindsay, my condolences to the whole Lindsay family. Absolute legend of first assistant director (AD) in studio drama,’ another said.

'Ray, a true gentleman who was held in such high esteem by all that knew him and had the privilege of working with him,' a third added.

Key Takeaways
  • Long-time Channel Ten Floor Manager Ray Lindsay, known for his work on Prisoner and Neighbours, has passed away.
  • Ray Lindsay is survived by his wife, Sue, and their seven children.
  • He began his career in theatre and progressed to becoming a respected figure in television production.
  • Tributes have poured in praising Ray Lindsay as a mentor, professional, and gentleman within the television industry.
Ray Lindsay's passing is a poignant reminder of the transient nature of life, but his contributions to Australian television will continue to live on.

As we bid farewell to this remarkable man, we extend our deepest condolences to his wife, Sue, their seven children, and the countless individuals whose lives he touched.

Sponsored
ANOTHER DEAD MAN, WE ALL WILL DIE, SO WHAT WILL SDC DO THEN? tv PERSOANLATIES ARE NOT IMPORTANT ONCE THEY DIE, SO BIG DEAL ABOUT ANOTHER ACTOR DYING

ANOTHER DEAD MAN, WE ALL WILL DIE, SO WHAT WILL SDC DO THEN? tv PERSOANLATIES ARE NOT IMPORTANT ONCE THEY DIE, SO BIG DEAL ABOUT ANOTHER ACTOR DYING
He was not even a cast member, so only a few people would have known who he was or what his connection with those 2 shows were. I watched Prisoner so will I get a write up on SDC - probably not because I never watched one episode of Neighbours.
Even so, sad for his family and friends.

Maybe if you can't give your condolences then skip the listing and shut up.

Seriously I went to a funeral today of a lady I never knew, but she was the mother of hubby's best friend and hubby had met her many many times.

I went to the funeral to show respect to our friend

I didn't know this man either but others may .

Your comment had no empathy or sympathy for the family.

Yes everyone dies but what a cold and horrible place it would be if we didn't care.

We will all die. I do not think we need to be reminded of it so often by this site for Seniors.

I agree very unnecessary ugly comments - let’s just hope the people that knew and loved him are not members of this forum.
However, I do find it kind of pointless when we are constantly reminded that someone has died who the likelihood of any of us knowing is minimal- if they’re so desperate for news on this site try something positive instead of trawling the obituaries!!!

I agree very unnecessary ugly comments - let’s just hope the people that knew and loved him are not members of this forum.
However, I do find it kind of pointless when we are constantly reminded that someone has died who the likelihood of any of us knowing is minimal- if they’re so desperate for news on this site try something positive instead of trawling the obituaries!!!
Funny I can think of so many interesting topics that could be posted.

May SDC should do a post asking us to share topics we think would be great.
There is also too much on Emma bed and health funds

Reactions: Gsr and Littleboy8
Maybe if you can't give your condolences then skip the listing and shut up.

Seriously I went to a funeral today of a lady I never knew, but she was the mother of hubby's best friend and hubby had met her many many times.

I went to the funeral to show respect to our friend

I didn't know this man either but others may .

Your comment had no empathy or sympathy for the family.

Yes everyone dies but what a cold and horrible place it would be if we didn't care.
Well said , thank you