Princess of Wales shares intimate family video as she completes cancer chemotherapy treatment

In a heartfelt revelation that has touched the hearts of millions, Catherine, the Princess of Wales, has confirmed the conclusion of her preventive chemotherapy treatment.

At 42, the royal faced an undisclosed type of cancer discovered during major abdominal surgery earlier this year.

Her journey, which she describes as 'incredibly tough’, has been a testament to her strength and resilience.

The news was shared with a sense of 'relief' after nine gruelling months of treatment. In a video shot last month in Norfolk, Kate opened up about the profound impact the experience has had on her and her family.

'Life, as you know it, can change in an instant, and we have had to find a way to navigate the stormy waters and road unknown,' she said.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 8.07.06 AM.jpeg
The Princess of Wales completed her cancer chemotherapy treatment. Credit: The Prince and Princess of Wales / YouTube

‘The cancer journey is complex, scary and unpredictable for everyone, especially those closest to you.’

‘With humility, it also brings you face to face with your own vulnerabilities in a way you have never considered before, and with that, a new perspective on everything.’

‘This time has, above all, reminded William and me to reflect and be grateful for the simple yet important things in life, which so many of us often take for granted. Of simply loving and being loved,’ she added.

The Princess of Wales would be ‘doing what I can to stay cancer-free’ but was ‘looking forward to being back at work’ by planning to take a lighter program of engagements until the year's end.

‘Although I have finished chemotherapy, my path to healing and full recovery is long, and I must continue to take each day as it comes,’ she said.

‘Despite all that has gone before, I enter this new phase of recovery with a renewed sense of hope and appreciation of life.’

Princess Catherine extended her heartfelt thanks to everyone who has been a source of encouragement during this challenging time. The family had ‘drawn great strength from all those who are helping us at this time’.

‘To all those who are continuing their own cancer journey—I remain with you, side by side, hand in hand. Out of darkness can come light, so let that light shine bright,’ she said.

The video also featured Prince William and their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

Despite her health struggles, the Princess has made two official public appearances since her diagnosis.

She attended Trooping the Colour in June and presented the Wimbledon men’s trophy in July, where she received a standing ovation.

Looking ahead, Kate has planned to support her family at the Cenotaph in Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday in November.

She is also set to host her annual televised Together At Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey in December, with preparations already in motion.

You can watch the Prince and Princess of Wales’ video below:

Credit: The Prince and Princess of Wales / YouTube

Key Takeaways
  • Kate, Princess of Wales, has completed her cancer chemotherapy treatment and shared the news with 'relief' after an 'incredibly tough' nine months.
  • She emphasised that the cancer journey is 'complex, scary, and unpredictable’, and it has reminded her and Prince William to be grateful for the simple things in life.
  • The Princess plans to undertake a light program of engagements until the end of the year while focusing on her recovery and staying cancer-free.
  • She has made two official public appearances since her diagnosis and plans to support her family at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday and host her annual Together At Christmas carol service.
Have you found strength in the face of adversity through the example of public figures? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Cute video. The old film video camera effects are a bit cheesy, but fun. I think the Princess is getting better at post-editing, either that or 'they' said NO and got a pro with sentimental tendencies to do it, lol :LOL: Lovely, positive, "we're just like you" video (although maybe a bit too Hallmark ideal. Needs one of those dramatic sibling conflict moments for added realism, lol). I wish I had enough money to go and visit Narnia too *sigh*. 😀

Cute video. The old film video camera effects are a bit cheesy, but fun. I think the Princess is getting better at post-editing, either that or 'they' said NO and got a pro with sentimental tendencies to do it, lol :LOL: Lovely, positive, "we're just like you" video (although maybe a bit too Hallmark ideal. Needs one of those dramatic sibling conflict moments for added realism, lol). I wish I had enough money to go and visit Narnia too *sigh*. 😀
See you there.

What a lovely family they are, seem to have such a loving relationship between Catherine and William and between both of them and their kids. I’m sure the kids have their moments like every other family, but they know how to put on a united happy vibe for the cameras. A lot to do with good parenting as well.