Princess Kate promotes her closest ally to key palace position

True character shines through in the face of adversity, and for the Princess of Wales, her battle with cancer has not only been a testament to her strength but also to the enduring bonds she has formed over the years.

As Kate continues to step back from the public eye to focus on her health, she has made a heartwarming move to honour one of her most steadfast supporters, Natasha Archer, who has been by her side for over a decade.

Natasha Archer, Kate's longtime stylist and confidante, has been appointed to the new role of senior private executive assistant for both Kate and Prince William.

This promotion was a clear token of appreciation for Archer's unwavering discretion and ‘loyalty’ throughout the years, especially during such a challenging period in Kate's life.

shutterstock_1628806048.jpg
Princess Kate promoted her longtime stylist and confidante, Natasha Archer, to a key position. Credit: Shutterstock

Archer, married to the acclaimed royal photographer Chris Jackson, subtly updated her social media profile with this significant career milestone, backdating her start to August 2022.

Her responsibilities, as listed, include managing 'clothing', 'diaries', and 'projects', but it's evident that her role encompasses so much more than these duties suggest.

Since 2007, Archer has been instrumental in evolving Kate's fashion sense, steering her wardrobe from traditional royal attire to chic, contemporary ensembles that have captivated the public and fashion critics alike.

‘Natasha deserves this boost—she’s unfailingly discreet and loyal to Kate. The salary boost will be welcome, too. This appointment means we can expect to see Natasha by Kate’s side for years to come,’ a source said.

‘It seems to be Kate’s way of thanking her for her loyalty.’

It has been reported that Archer and Kate have been virtually 'inseparable' in recent months, with Archer accompanying the Princess to medical appointments and providing support as she underwent abdominal surgery earlier this year.

The news of Archer's promotion coincides with a rare personal message from Kate, who expressed her regret at missing a key royal engagement, the Trooping the Colour rehearsal, due to her health.

In a touching letter to the Irish Guards, she conveyed her pride in the regiment and her hopes to represent them again soon, signing off as 'Colonel Catherine’.

Lieutenant General James Bucknall, KCB, CBE, took on her position instead.

‘I wanted to write and let you know how proud I am of the entire Regiment ahead of the Colonel’s Review and Trooping the Colour. I appreciate everyone trooping this year has been practising for months, and dedicating many hours to ensuring their uniforms and drills are immaculate,’ Kate wrote, which was posted on social media.

‘Please pass my apologies to the whole Regiment, however, I do hope that I am able to represent you all once again very soon.’

‘Please send my very best wishes and good luck to all involved. Colonel Catherine.’
Key Takeaways
  • The Princess of Wales, Kate, has appointed her longtime stylist, Natasha Archer, as the senior private executive assistant for herself and Prince William as a gesture of thanks for Archer's loyalty and discretion.
  • Archer has updated her social media to reflect the promotion, with duties including 'clothing', 'diaries', and 'projects', and has been working with Kate since 2007.
  • The promotion was seen as recognition of Archer's role in evolving Kate's wardrobe and being a close confidante during Kate's ongoing cancer battle and break from the public eye.
  • Kate has issued an apologetic letter for missing the Trooping the Colour rehearsal, where she holds the honorary position of Colonel, highlighting her ongoing commitment to the regiment and expressing her hope to resume her role soon.
Have you had a 'Natasha Archer' in your life? Someone who has been a rock during your battles? Share your stories of loyalty and support in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have been my own "Natasha Archer" for the better part of the last 55 years, and so I think I will give myself a pay rise...........And I gave up playing with toy soldiers a great many years ago.

you are so out of DATE. I watched the kings birthday parade, saw a smiling HRH of Wales, Princess Catherine (her name) please use it) with her children everyone happy, the children happy, so get up to speed.

you are so out of DATE. I watched the kings birthday parade, saw a smiling HRH of Wales, Princess Catherine (her name) please use it) with her children everyone happy, the children happy, so get up to speed.
Can we expect commentators and the media to start using the title "HRH Prince Willie"