Prince Charles speaks highly of estranged son Prince Harry amid claims of being on ‘barely’ speaking terms: “As a father, I am proud”

In a rare magazine statement made by Prince Charles on Tuesday, the 73-year-old has expressed that he’s ‘proud’ of both Prince Harry and Prince William for their recent efforts as advocates against climate change.

This follows several reports of the alleged strained relationship between the King-to-be and his youngest son, Prince Harry.

Could this be the long-awaited peace treaty between the two?

ZS7J-Fnj1W8HrfZ-KLN1WRs0_L2vZxel8Rwor0-GB_C4TcrDBeyliySqek704JNH6jHMqRQtFf0jnUGp2bT_1m_Gowsqqwc4CfBaaIUTHDsTYS_j1CXgJS1MCAH7Oc4YagCrHXz0

Prince Charles praised his sons for their efforts in combating climate change. Credit: Karwai Tang/WireImage.

The statement was included in the essay Prince Charles penned for Newsweek’s cover story, urging global community leaders to come together and discuss immediate solutions against rising threats to the environment.

In the nearly-thousand-word piece, the Prince of Wales name-dropped both of his sons and highlighted the ingenious work they have done recently.

“The scale and scope of the threat call for regional and global solutions that will require the active participation of every sector of industry, in every country around the world,” said Prince Charles.

“As a father, I am proud that my sons have recognised this threat,” he continued, adding an emotional and personal touch to his statement on an issue of utmost importance.

“Most recently, my elder son, William, launched the prestigious Earthshot Prize to incentivise change and help repair our planet over the next ten years by identifying and investing in the technologies that can make a difference.”

He followed by applauding Prince Harry’s own environmental initiatives.

“And my younger son, Harry, has passionately highlighted the impact of climate change, especially in relation to Africa, and committed his charity to being net zero,” said Prince Charles.

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle (The Duchess of Sussex), co-founded Archewell, a young company committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030.

The Prince of Wales concluded his essay by saying: “The time is now. The eyes of our children and grandchildren are judging us. Let ours be the generation that can. And does. As we enter a new year, there is not a moment to lose.”

The essay came after sustained tensions between Prince Charles and Prince Harry reportedly left a deepening fracture between the two princes.

According to royal sources, the father’s only communication with his son, ever since Prince Harry and Meghan stepped back from royal duties, has been a scarce number of ‘fraught’ phone calls.

Following Prince Harry’s statement in December last year, about his concerns with Prince Charles giving the Saudi billionaire Mahfouz Marei Mubarak an honorary CBE, the exact status of their father-and-son relationship remains unknown. It’s heartwarming to see that despite everything they have been through and their royal status, there is a very human and down to earth relationship between a loving father and his son.

Reactions: Eenbeen
Sponsored
From what I have seen & read Prince William & his wife are very involved with many charities & are doing an excellent job, as well as being very hands on parents. Charles has always been involved in saving the earth projects, if you have seen the area where he lives you would have seen how well managed the area is implementing his policies.

Of course he is proud of his kids. Most parents are proud of their offspring. I'm incredibly proud of my kids too, I just don't have the platforms he has to shout about it.:)

From what I have seen & read Prince William & his wife are very involved with many charities & are doing an excellent job, as well as being very hands on parents. Charles has always been involved in saving the earth projects, if you have seen the area where he lives you would have seen how well managed the area is implementing his policies.
Don't believe everything u read. The tabloids make up a lot of stories eg Megjsn Marklr!

I hope Charles never makes king he and his wife are boring and self opinionated…long live the Queen….they should skip Charles and go to Prince William ….better choice..
It won't happen Prince Charles will be King Camilla the Kings Consort.

Reactions: Ricci
Of course he is proud of his kids. Most parents are proud of their offspring. I'm incredibly proud of my kids too, I just don't have the platforms he has to shout about it.:)
Hear, hear. Well sId

He will always be proud of his kids.. as we all are of our kids.... but weather they can re-bond is another matter....it takes 2 to mend a relationship... both have to or it doesn't work....and obviously Harry's wife is not good at being able to sustain a relationship with her own family....I don't think she encourages a relationship with his side either....