Pregnant shopper's ALARMING claims about popular Woolworths buy sparks supermarket response

A pregnant customer has taken to social media to express her outrage after allegedly finding raw chicken in a Woolworths brand Butter Chicken With Rice Chilled Meal.

The shopper from Melbourne shared an image of the dish in question, claiming that the ready-to-eat meal contained uncooked chicken.

This raises serious concerns about the health risks of potentially eating a meal with raw chicken, not just for the pregnant woman but also for her unborn baby.

JXPlIHO4BXsMAuxL2m3lTtM0dsyUOxcsYVYXgwLB8RVVhRWt8ijurVDRg49uOH6CwWggNnV63XZtMpEFd2c1QwlM20OcNo0VC-7rHpzLsAA5QrVuUXvQGeAUykEISGbDUpc43f9r_Tswe_ZX
FonZqKjky8vyrFJnchsZOj9vVEqsU9vy-8G5Lbff3ULf9WCseJpvC-EtkLbnjJu3kHXBgedAdM0nthVg5lWjK7ZH0rxMoBVBOWyr9h1t5lClNV3F_iQQwHl7ZY7_jxQlHrne3InkrWSiPJXu

A pregnant shopper took to social media to air her grievance over the potentially dangerous find in a pack of Woolworths brand Butter Chicken With Rice Chilled Meal. Credit: Facebook.

She wrote: “I’m 27 weeks pregnant, eating my lunch and it’s full of raw chicken!”

“But what happens when I end up in hospital with food poisoning?! As being pregnant with diabetes this is life-threatening for my baby!”

“It’s meant to be a ready-made meal, as in already cooked."

“This meal should never have had raw chicken in it!”

A Woolworths spokesperson confirmed that the retailer is investigating the claim, saying that the incident is an isolated case.

The spokesperson said: “We take food safety and quality very seriously and are disappointed to receive this customer’s report.”

“We’ve passed this onto our supply partner to look into it further and provided the customer with a gift card."

“We haven’t received any other reports on products of a similar nature at this time.”

So, there you have it, folks! Be sure to check your ready-to-eat meals before consuming them to prevent issues that may arise from them. Also, if you’re looking to make a delicious, better-for-you butter chicken recipe, we recommend this article.

You might also want to check out this video which explained why you should never eat raw chicken:

Credit: YouTube/Dr Eric Berg DC

Sponsored
Every
Pregnant shopper's ALARMING claims about popular Woolworths buy sparks supermarket response

A pregnant customer has taken to social media to express her outrage after allegedly finding raw chicken in a Woolworths brand Butter Chicken With Rice Chilled Meal.

The shopper from Melbourne shared an image of the dish in question, claiming that the ready-to-eat meal contained uncooked chicken.

This raises serious concerns about the health risks of potentially eating a meal with raw chicken, not just for the pregnant woman but also for her unborn baby.

JXPlIHO4BXsMAuxL2m3lTtM0dsyUOxcsYVYXgwLB8RVVhRWt8ijurVDRg49uOH6CwWggNnV63XZtMpEFd2c1QwlM20OcNo0VC-7rHpzLsAA5QrVuUXvQGeAUykEISGbDUpc43f9r_Tswe_ZX
FonZqKjky8vyrFJnchsZOj9vVEqsU9vy-8G5Lbff3ULf9WCseJpvC-EtkLbnjJu3kHXBgedAdM0nthVg5lWjK7ZH0rxMoBVBOWyr9h1t5lClNV3F_iQQwHl7ZY7_jxQlHrne3InkrWSiPJXu

A pregnant shopper took to social media to air her grievance over the potentially dangerous find in a pack of Woolworths brand Butter Chicken With Rice Chilled Meal. Credit: Facebook.

She wrote: “I’m 27 weeks pregnant, eating my lunch and it’s full of raw chicken!”

“But what happens when I end up in hospital with food poisoning?! As being pregnant with diabetes this is life-threatening for my baby!”

“It’s meant to be a ready-made meal, as in already cooked."

“This meal should never have had raw chicken in it!”

A Woolworths spokesperson confirmed that the retailer is investigating the claim, saying that the incident is an isolated case.

The spokesperson said: “We take food safety and quality very seriously and are disappointed to receive this customer’s report.”

“We’ve passed this onto our supply partner to look into it further and provided the customer with a gift card."

“We haven’t received any other reports on products of a similar nature at this time.”

So, there you have it, folks! Be sure to check your ready-to-eat meals before consuming them to prevent issues that may arise from them. Also, if you’re looking to make a delicious, better-for-you butter chicken recipe, we recommend this article.

You might also want to check out this video which explained why you should never eat raw chicken:

Credit: YouTube/Dr Eric Berg DC

time our wonderful readers point out these horrid and dangerous situations with our food I make a list of the brands and sometimes the sellers and never purchase anything from that brand again.

The article does not say whether the customer followed the cooking instructions on the pack. If cooking instructions were followed correctly I can't understand how that chicken could still be raw. If the customer did not follow the instructions, then that is on her, not Woolworths.

As with everything today, the customer SHOULD make time to read if she has never bought the product before. Being preggie she should have been more alert. I would certainly NEVER understand how even a kid "could think THAT one up"..
No Lady you have lost this time. Be rest assured you'll live. You've learned a lesson that Woolworth's do not have to recompense you. DID YOU SAVE SOME TO SHOW THEM????? Without proof I hope they will write it off to yet another experience. Good luck with your pregnancy from all of us.

And on a lighter vein, if no one else has reported the happening with raw chicken, it just might be your tastes buds are altering during pregnancy or you honestly did not read the instructions.

I think it was a scam to get a free gift card from Woolworths!!

it is stated it's "a ready- made meal"....., NOT ready to eat!!

The label clearly shows (bottom left corner) "Microwave 4 minutes", which she obviously didn't do !!

Also, why would anyone eat this cold?, without heating it? that is why its prepared with partially cooked chicken, to finish cooking in the microwave !! Derrrrr

I have to ask if the meal is diabetic friendly even if she is diabetic or a gestational diabetic it does not seem like a right meal and yes I am a diabetic and went through the gestational thing with 2 pregnancies.

Instructions clearly say to microwave for 4 minutes. There is no way the chicken would still be raw if the person followed the directions. Don't see how this is Woolworths or the manufacturers fault.
My thoughts exactly...probably just thigh meat also! This meal would have been stored in the chilled section, so she probably just opened it instead of microwaving it beforehand! Stupid bimbo🤪