Power duo: Woman transforms bathroom tiles from dull to sparkly clean using two items costing $18

Cleaning tiles is easy, but tile grout? That’s a different story. Tile grout can be one of the toughest things to clean and you’ll find yourself scrubbing with all your might, only to see the stubborn dirt still in between the tiles!

But one woman has discovered a genius hack that solved her grout dilemma. And the best part is that she did it using only two products from local supermarkets! How cool is that?

Sharing her impressive cleaning duo discovery on the Facebook page Aldi Mums Australia, she explained exactly how she did it.

The woman claimed she used the popular Aldi pre-wash stain remover Di San with the Super Sonic power brush Special Buy.

She was "very happy" with the results and said her bathroom had never looked better.

71EQ3Rd2YKElDiwHGfEyRYRfVyOb7CtTWV8PD39jjWmStW6A0Gx1kQ6bB3m4CyyPUhRtnrIDgS1djHnIMjU6Ji7bjtJ3A_VzVO01JQyF8N3oabnLHoJ7_rAkv8KAO2BMbEA4vUA=s0

Photo source: Facebook

How the budget cleaning hack works

The woman said she used the $1.29 cleaner with the $16.99 brush set, and the combination left her tiles looking brand new.

The Special Buy brush set is a powerful cleaning system that has four interchangeable heads. It’s great for hard-to-clean areas and can cut scrubbing time by up to 75 per cent.

Fellow Aldi mums loved the idea and said they couldn't wait to try it.

1631866032039.png
Photo source: Aldi

“I bought this today too and did around the edges of the shower and around the taps and it was pretty good. Will try with the cleaning spray,” one person said.

“Ohhh yes, definitely going to get them brushes,” added another.

Aldi’s popular cleaner, which is meant to be used as a laundry stain remover has been used for a wide range of tricky cleaning jobs.

Aside from cleaning grout, Aldi customers have used it to clean tiles, dirty shoes, ovens, and even furniture, with one woman, completely transforming her old, stained couch.

If you miss out on the cleaning products, don’t fret, we’ve listed similar products offered by other stores.

Coles also sells a similar cleaning product, that can remove the toughest stains, from food, wine, to juice and more. The Ozkleen Pre Wash Power that costs only $2.75 can also eliminate musty smells from damp fabrics and clothing.

AHtonaiSGccaqWZ_SUH--6gt4eSWjndcdfiar2Y26AwyduqU_KKK__4EVeY6bVfF-KLCOtlI-IxpnkmzcFKyAljqrlcpLg6Z21Cy3IWeIOaSqdFWy-jKqwztnJvutIrMbFlc3OU=s0

Photo source: Coles

Woolies isn’t being outdone on all the cleaning hacks as they also sell this $5 Vanish Preen Pre Wash Oxyaction Stain Remover. It can remove dirt, makeup, sweat, food grease and cooking oil.

bdGr-FKg-7pDT3arYJ5xCuh560krzHTsdlGPQESqb6-5cTn7F5PqWlIcNFUwDG_0pHWWYfsDpnOAvvkt_rugNsnV_RRHsDLMYLj7qr2xh5B3FCeV6aG_ynSOJZ5f1JKQ7CuAHIg=s0

Photo source: Woolies

When it comes to the power brush, other users said they’ve been able to buy a similar brush from other supermarkets and retailers.

“Long life grout cleaner from Bunnings works fab too, they also sell these electric brushes,” one person explained.

Long Life 750ml Grout Cleaner
oqOhS1W5Lp555GXSAElBsX96n9Oo47WhMBKqmBXjEH9Hcjwft1wXU9lLTYI4vDfODmOzNE_yOTzr8MbhrS-GzFu-jX_alfmZ9HLS9kNPowYe0u3IUHFRDap_dgf0q9XAkRhX68Q=s0

Photo source: Bunnings

Rubbermaid Scrubbing Reveal Power Scrubber Brush - $16.89

vZPukYI4u1PID42suvvPjwUxVYqWddspPc8jIvfkyrywFP_KOp5rziLn6O5o5cMEkQDEt40Zo9rhdml5T6mr97TKjDaJMVt4jMFIR4CRwagKB7JYo2JpWH2zQGvkg1qPtw2Hqgg=s0

Photo source: Bunnings

Electric Spin Scrubber with five attachments- $62.99

CSYT9Ml9uunE3sJ7d4LZqEM6uv3fL4AxW18vIqg0bKGmQeSWWsvtFX15JpfF1_xONs2bQPNqXGCzqSQwZVEJnwupIz1FAyHx5CjSOvMmWGgGS1eQtn11N2O5ceByE5taLqqq5FI=s0

Photo source: Amazon AU

What do you think of this budget cleaning hack? Is this something you would try? Or do you have a similar hack that is even better? Share them in the comments below.

Sponsored
I'm trying to image cleaning my bathroom tiles with a toothbrush, and honestly the mind boggles! I have tried various larger brushes but the cost of batteries outweighs any detergent savings. A high priced rechargeable was also not very good, BUT prevention is the best method. The major cause of soap scum/powder in bathrooms/showers is the soap you use. Almost all soaps sold contain a percentage of animal fat in them (read the label, it will be hidden but it's there) use a soap containing none and most of your problems will disappear. Worked for me and has done for many years. We use sorbalene but I'm sure there are others. I received this tip many years ago at a trade expo, from a shower screen manufacturer. :D

I use a car cleaning spray for my shower screen. ("clean the car without water" type). The screen looks beautiful, and the water just runs off. sparkling clean, and only have to do it every couple of months.

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I use a car cleaning spray for my shower screen. ("clean the car without water" type). The screen looks beautiful, and the water just runs off. sparkling clean, and only have to do it every couple of months.
I recall hearing about this a long time ago. I think they are silicone based sprays. but have never tried it myself. :D

Reactions: Maddison Dwyer