Servings3

Calories224kcal

Ingredients

• 100 g pork belly skin removed and sliced

• 5 large leaves of cabbage washed, hand shredded and completely drained

• 4 garlic cloves sliced

• 1 small chunk of ginger sliced

• 4 fresh Thai peppers cut into small circles

• 3 green onions cut into small sections and separate green parts and white part

Seasonings

• 1 tbsp. light soy sauce

• 1/4 tsp. salt

• 1/2 tsp. sugar

• 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil

Instructions

• Spread a very little amount of oil in wok and fry the pork belly until cured and browned. Move them to one side of the wok.

• Place garlic, ginger, scallion white and Thai peppers. Fry for half minutes until aromatic.

• Add cabbage in, make a quick stir fry, then add light soy sauce, salt and sugar. Mix in sesame oil too. Serve hot.

1000018612.jpg

Recipe and image from China Sichuan Food

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Love it Baby Bird, it is a gourmet version of my family’s favourite. I always fry onion and bacon then add chopped cabbage, seasoning well. I add a bit garlic sometimes as I generally pop garlic in most meals.

Looking forward to trying it, it will go well with the chicken dish you posted which I forgot which day that was, would someone please remind me so I can note it down .🤗

Sorry, previous blank reply, just like my texting.😂😂😂I nearly always press the wrong the button or send the text before I am finished.🤪😂Anyway, what I was going to say is that I totally agree with you Marilynn (love the name), there should be an emoji for YUM.😍

Simple yet so delicious. I have to make my biggest pot of it as my kid's love it. If my son, his wife and the boy's come over I must have a baking dish of cabbage & pork plus a good quick fried rice for them to take home. Oh the joy of it when they only live 3 streets away hahaha 😆 😂 😅 truth be known I love cooking for them & since I've joined here Suzanne and you babybird have introduced me to some awesome simplistic recipes. For this I say Thank you 😊 very much.

• Love
Reactions: Marilynne