Plane passenger's 'self-absorbed' act left fellow travellers fuming

Sometimes, all it takes is one person to spoil the flying experience for everyone else. We're all familiar with the type – whether it's someone hogging the armrest, a passenger snoring loudly, or that person playing music without headphones.

But every now and then, an incredibly brazen individual will step on the plane to show a whole new level of 'self-absorbed' behaviour.

An incident involving a plane passenger made waves online after a fellow traveller posted a picture of the woman's ‘stenchy’ feet propped up on a headrest in the cabin.

The photo was uploaded on the popular social media forum Reddit by a user named seefooddiet2200, who didn’t hold back on their disgust while aboard the flight.

In it, the woman's feet – dressed in white anklet socks – can be seen held up at a 90-degree angle, with the headrest serving as a makeshift footrest.

pass1.jpg
The photo sparked outrage online. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

‘Putting your smelly feet on the headrest during a flight. The air vent was blasting and wafted the scent through the plane,’ the original poster captioned.

The post also sparked a flurry of reactions from nauseated and outraged Reddit users – and the comments section quickly became a platform for heated debate.

Many social media users voiced their opinions on the issue. Some argued they would have confronted the culprit, with one person stating, 'I would be the one to tell her that her feet smell and to put them away for the sake of everyone.’

‘I'd be the one to tell her that the pungent aroma of her feet is enticing and erotic,’ another replied (and raised the eyebrows of many online users).

To which one agreed and responded: ‘Think about it though, which method is more likely to get the desired compliance: “Put your stinky feet away” or “Your stinky feet are turning me on"?’

pass2.jpg
The Reddit user uploaded this photo along with their post. Credit: Reddit

One said they’d tell the passenger that her feet smelled like ‘roadkill’ and that everyone could ‘smell it’.

‘So many do not know how to behave in public, nor do they consider how their behaviour impacts those around them. Just so self-absorbed.’ Someone else commented.

‘I hate people,’ one shared.

Some offered more concrete solutions.

‘Ask the flight attendant, and they will make them put their shoes on,’ someone suggested.

One more said that the passenger should have complained to the flight crew immediately.

Others took a lighter tone, reminding everyone that ‘at least’ the woman was wearing socks.

A few even defended the woman's actions, pondering, 'You afraid of socks or something? Can't believe society has gotten to the point that it's unacceptable to take off your shoes. Makes me sigh and laugh all at once.’

‘To be fair, on long-haul flights, it is not pleasant to wear your shoes the whole time. You should definitely keep your feet down on the ground, but there isn’t a rule against removing your shoes on a plane,’ someone else replied.

However, the majority of the comments seemed to agree that while taking one's shoes off on a long flight isn't necessarily inconsiderate, sticking your feet up in the air as the person in the photo did is quite rude.

Many expressed concern about whether the passenger was truly comfortable sitting in that position.

‘My herniated disc is aching after looking at this picture,’ someone shared.

‘I can't imagine that person being comfortable. Just try to picture how they must be sitting,’ another added.

This isn't the first time a passenger has come under fire for airing their feet in an open cabin. In another photo shared on Reddit, a plane passenger showed the extended leg of a woman seated behind them, resting her foot on the armrest between the seats and window side of the plane.

‘The foot started out at the rear of the armrest, and by the end of the flight, it was fully extended. Maybe she had fallen asleep at that point,’ said the plane passenger.

People were disgusted by the bad behaviour, and many were quick to express their anger in the comments section. You can read the rest of the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • A passenger on a crowded flight was shamed for putting her smelly feet on top of a headrest.
  • The incident was exposed on a Reddit thread, where users shared their opinions on the situation.
  • The flight appeared to be onboard the plane, but the destination was unknown.
  • This isn't the first time an indecent plane passenger was called out for resting their feet out in the open.
Do you think this behaviour is rude? Or is it slightly forgivable because the passenger was wearing socks? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Sponsored
Sometimes, all it takes is one person to spoil the flying experience for everyone else. We're all familiar with the type – whether it's someone hogging the armrest, a passenger snoring loudly, or that person playing music without headphones.

But every now and then, an incredibly brazen individual will step on the plane to show a whole new level of 'self-absorbed' behaviour.

An incident involving a plane passenger made waves online after a fellow traveller posted a picture of the woman's ‘stenchy’ feet propped up on a headrest in the cabin.

The photo was uploaded on the popular social media forum Reddit by a user named seefooddiet2200, who didn’t hold back on their disgust while aboard the flight.

In it, the woman's feet – dressed in white anklet socks – can be seen held up at a 90-degree angle, with the headrest serving as a makeshift footrest.

View attachment 19182

‘Putting your smelly feet on the headrest during a flight. The air vent was blasting and wafted the scent through the plane,’ the original poster captioned.

The post also sparked a flurry of reactions from nauseated and outraged Reddit users – and the comments section quickly became a platform for heated debate.

Many social media users voiced their opinions on the issue. Some argued they would have confronted the culprit, with one person stating, 'I would be the one to tell her that her feet smell and to put them away for the sake of everyone.’

‘I'd be the one to tell her that the pungent aroma of her feet is enticing and erotic,’ another replied (and raised the eyebrows of many online users).

To which one agreed and responded: ‘Think about it though, which method is more likely to get the desired compliance: “Put your stinky feet away” or “Your stinky feet are turning me on"?’

View attachment 19183

One said they’d tell the passenger that her feet smelled like ‘roadkill’ and that everyone could ‘smell it’.

‘So many do not know how to behave in public, nor do they consider how their behaviour impacts those around them. Just so self-absorbed.’ Someone else commented.

‘Ask the flight attendant, and they will make them put their shoes on,’ someone suggested.

One more said that the passenger should have complained to the flight crew immediately.

Others took a lighter tone, reminding everyone that ‘at least’ the woman was wearing socks.

A few even defended the woman's actions, pondering, 'You afraid of socks or something? Can't believe society has gotten to the point that it's unacceptable to take off your shoes. Makes me sigh and laugh all at once.’

‘To be fair, on long-haul flights, it is not pleasant to wear your shoes the whole time. You should definitely keep your feet down on the ground, but there isn’t a rule against removing your shoes on a plane,’ someone else replied.

However, the majority of the comments seemed to agree that while taking one's shoes off on a long flight isn't necessarily inconsiderate, sticking your feet up in the air as the person in the photo did is quite rude.

Many expressed concern about whether the passenger was truly comfortable sitting in that position.

‘I can't imagine that person being comfortable. Just try to picture how they must be sitting,’ another added.

This isn't the first time a passenger has come under fire for airing their feet in an open cabin. In another photo shared on Reddit, a plane passenger showed the extended leg of a woman seated behind them, resting her foot on the armrest between the seats and window side of the plane.

‘The foot started out at the rear of the armrest, and by the end of the flight, it was fully extended. Maybe she had fallen asleep at that point,’ said the plane passenger.

People were disgusted by the bad behaviour, and many were quick to express their anger in the comments section. You can read the rest of the story here.
Key Takeaways

• A passenger on a crowded flight was shamed for putting her smelly feet on top of a headrest.
  • The incident was exposed on a Reddit thread, where users shared their opinions on the situation.
  • This isn't the first time an indecent plane passenger was called out for resting their feet out in the open.
Do you think this behaviour is rude? Or is it slightly forgivable because the passenger was wearing socks? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Millennial or Gen Z? Couldn't possibly be anyone older, we were bought up to be respectful. Plus I couldn't get my legs that high! 😂

I have to admit when I was younger and more agile, I would get a window seat and be able to have my feet on the window and curl my self around and fully cover myself with a blanket. But, only when my husband was next to me.
Now we are older, we save and save to travel business class, my husband is tall and now a bit wider, me I'm still short, but not as supple as I used to be. So we don't see this sort of behaviour going on. The only people it is affecting is the person whose head rest it is on, and anyone who can smell the feet.

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19183

Key Takeaways

Extremely rude and selfish of that woman to keep her feet in that position. I would start, by asking the flight attendant to get her feet on the ground, if unsuccessful, I would take more drastic measures.

Socks o
Extremely rude and selfish of that woman to keep her feet in that position. I would start, by asking the flight attendant to get her feet on the ground, if unsuccessful, I would take more drastic measures.
Socks on or off, what is the difference, still disgusting behaviour and those who think it's OK are obviously just as feral as this passenger.
They're so self indulgent they probably don't even realise just how feral they are.

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19183

Key Takeaways

not much point showing your angst on here. complain at the time or shut up.

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19183

Key Takeaways

Have you thought she may have low blood pressure and needed to raise her feet? The flight attendant may have approached the other passenger to check it was okay or they have moved. We shouldn’t be too quick to judge.

Have you thought she may have low blood pressure and needed to raise her feet? The flight attendant may have approached the other passenger to check it was okay or they have moved. We shouldn’t be too quick to judge.
If that was the case, the flight attendant would have exchanged her sit with another more appropriate, compensating the other inconvenient passenger or giving her business class new feet coverings to wear, explaining to the passengers around her the reason for her to do so.

Reactions: Jennifer Tyrie