Photos of empty Kmart shelves spark discussion online

Christmas is well and truly on its way, and along with it comes the chaos ahead of the festive season: local stores being stripped bare of holiday supplies.

84ESLwiD-2R_7uAOYdbL9o20_2UlZGdcpoPFIRvYavdg1TSfhKr-y0XolWYAuw6HY0ObXDOBQ5YNxLT2296PMP8AECVLk6xXMz58muUkviFBA9I0aW1Ak7DrI0N5SA2BSHAFpdLi

Kmart shelves are being emptied in South Australia. Photos from Facebook via Daily Mail.

Earlier this week, a South Australian woman shared on Facebook troubling photos of her local Kmart store emptied of stocks and decorations.

“Wow, it’s not even December yet, and I had trouble getting stock at my local store today? I was told they might not get more stock,” she wrote in the caption.

Other Aussies across the country also reported similar situations in their local stores.

“I've been to 3 Kmarts in Perth that all look very similar; toy shelves are also bare! Target’s and Big W’s Christmas sections are not much better either,” one person said.

More people jumped in, saying that their local Kmarts are the same; the shelves are empty too.

One woman even added that it’s not only Kmart that has been affected by the supply issues.

“It's like this in every store; they’re selling out. Bunnings is a bit like this as well,” she said.

A retail worker joined in the conversation and aired out that her company was also having issues receiving their stock from distribution centres.

“It's frustrating on all ends, and we don't really have answers for anyone, not even ourselves,” she said.

“Our Kmart is the same; I was told it's because there has been a huge delay in getting their shipments; ours was getting a few pallets but was expecting three truckloads,” added another.

Stores have also reported possible stocks and employee issues.

“My mum worked at Kmart and was warned, ‘If you see stock grab it while it's there as there's not much coming in (Perth WA)’ due to shortage of truck drivers,” another affected person commented.

“My friends work in the warehouse, and there is a shortage of shipping containers, so not much stock is coming,” said another Facebook user.

Several big companies such as Dan Murphy's and the Reject Shop have warned shoppers that stocks would be low heading into December.

The pandemic induced worker shortages and logistics issues that have wreaked havoc on supply chains.

Experts advised customers to expect order delays from across the world.

How’s the situation with your local Kmart? Are the shelves empty as well?

Sponsored
Photos of empty Kmart shelves spark discussion online

Christmas is well and truly on its way, and along with it comes the chaos ahead of the festive season: local stores being stripped bare of holiday supplies.

84ESLwiD-2R_7uAOYdbL9o20_2UlZGdcpoPFIRvYavdg1TSfhKr-y0XolWYAuw6HY0ObXDOBQ5YNxLT2296PMP8AECVLk6xXMz58muUkviFBA9I0aW1Ak7DrI0N5SA2BSHAFpdLi

Kmart shelves are being emptied in South Australia. Photos from Facebook via Daily Mail.

Earlier this week, a South Australian woman shared on Facebook troubling photos of her local Kmart store emptied of stocks and decorations.

“Wow, it’s not even December yet, and I had trouble getting stock at my local store today? I was told they might not get more stock,” she wrote in the caption.

Other Aussies across the country also reported similar situations in their local stores.

“I've been to 3 Kmarts in Perth that all look very similar; toy shelves are also bare! Target’s and Big W’s Christmas sections are not much better either,” one person said.

More people jumped in, saying that their local Kmarts are the same; the shelves are empty too.

One woman even added that it’s not only Kmart that has been affected by the supply issues.

“It's like this in every store; they’re selling out. Bunnings is a bit like this as well,” she said.

A retail worker joined in the conversation and aired out that her company was also having issues receiving their stock from distribution centres.

“It's frustrating on all ends, and we don't really have answers for anyone, not even ourselves,” she said.

“Our Kmart is the same; I was told it's because there has been a huge delay in getting their shipments; ours was getting a few pallets but was expecting three truckloads,” added another.

Stores have also reported possible stocks and employee issues.

“My mum worked at Kmart and was warned, ‘If you see stock grab it while it's there as there's not much coming in (Perth WA)’ due to shortage of truck drivers,” another affected person commented.

“My friends work in the warehouse, and there is a shortage of shipping containers, so not much stock is coming,” said another Facebook user.

Several big companies such as Dan Murphy's and the Reject Shop have warned shoppers that stocks would be low heading into December.

The pandemic induced worker shortages and logistics issues that have wreaked havoc on supply chains.

Experts advised customers to expect order delays from across the world.

How’s the situation with your local Kmart? Are the shelves empty as well?
It's a bit like toilet paper and petrol.....tell people there isa shortage and bang, off they go and buy it all........still after Christmas sales might be good.

The Wagga Kmart has been short of stock all yearyear, this is nothing new.