Phillip Schofield shares heartbreaking news about his mum: ‘Calm, peaceful, beautiful, and dignified’

Phillip Schofield, a name synonymous with British television, has recently shared the poignant and deeply personal news of his mother, Pat's passing at 88.

The news has touched the hearts of many, as Phillip, known for his long-standing role as a presenter on This Morning, revealed the tender moments he spent with his mother during her final days.

Phillip shared his heartfelt tribute to his mother shared with his followers on social media.

Today, at 3 PM and after a heartbreaking weekend, my magnificent mum decided to go to her beloved Brian,’ Phillip said.

image (1).jpg
Phillip Schofield sadly announced that his mum passed away at 88. Credit: @schofe / Instagram

'Over three days, we held her, loved her, hugged her, and said everything that needed to be said. She was calm, peaceful, beautiful, and dignified.’

‘I will forever be proud and privileged that she was my mum.'

Phillip's tribute also included his ‘eternal thanks’ to the medical staff who cared for his mother, who has been 'in the past and this weekend my mum's and our angels'.

The news of Pat's death comes after a period of personal challenges for Phillip, including his departure from ITV's This Morning and the public revelation of his sexuality.

Pat's life was one of vibrancy and adventure, as evidenced by her daring wing walk at the age of 81, showcasing her spirited nature and zest for life.

Schofield, grinning, sat beside Holly Willoughby on the sofa, jokingly mentioning how he thought she was ‘absolutely bonkers’.

Holly, full of joy, shared how much she loved every moment, while Pat smiled and waved as she was flown around, strapped to the top of a plane.

At the time, it was believed that Pat was the oldest woman in the United Kingdom to perform a loop-the-loop, a stunt that took place just days before her birthday.

Pat followed in her son Schofield's footsteps, doing a wing walk to raise funds for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme.

Schofield revealed to ITV viewers what his mother said after landing.

‘She landed and said she wanted to do the full loop...it's just extraordinary,’ he said.

In 2020, Pat expressed how proud she was of her ‘brave’ and ‘inspiring’ son when he publicly came out as gay on TV.

Before his announcement, when Schofield drove to Cornwall to tell her in person, she told him: ‘I don't care.’
Key Takeaways

• Phillip Schofield has confirmed the passing of his mother Pat Schofield at the age of 88 after a 'heartbreaking weekend’.
  • He expressed his deep affection for his mother, stating that he is 'proud and privileged that she was my mum.'
  • Schofield praised the healthcare professionals who cared for his mother and thanked them for their support and care.
  • This announcement follows Schofield's recent troubles, including his departure from ITV and This Morning.
We send our deepest condolences to both Pat and Phillip Schofield’s families and friends.

Sponsored