PERFECT, chewy brownies by a celebrity chef – you’ll never believe the secret ingredient

We all love a fresh batch of brownies, right? That rich, chocolatey taste and gooey texture are simply irresistible. Yum!

But what if we told you that there’s another way to take the iconic dessert to a whole new level? And all it takes is one unusual ingredient...Black beans. Yes, you read that right – black beans!

Sounds strange, we know but trust us on this one. These little legumes work wonders in the kitchen and will take your brownies to unexplored heights of deliciousness! Just ask Celebrity Chef Dan Churchill.

The 33-year-old chef recently shared his unique take on Instagram and to say that his fans were shocked is an understatement.

‘I know it sounds weird but trust me, legends. These little weapons of a bean make an epic gooey texture and bring everything together!’ he said.

‘This recipe is so good, it will shock you.’

awi9ZHxzBiJ52pYTT_Ey2YVA7RxMLz3bKW-DpE2JhSC4zNE0gGDOSIN67SICnlwsGfjKuGv7I8AT6SAYLGxGqK9ZsA85bVYqK9c66wAPZdXoLWW1u-idFETKoAFk84T94U1RWmrSHFnTuFtZkcj2fRVnzh2yUokjn6BJTe4vOAILJkjOhVVdGMzbqw
bclisH7kWe9mUpFOPMLzh_uqXfOUbt76i_gOS9U7HSuq0-lSBKGJkl8X5HZbkPzR4FRXYy5LDQFnumbUrl0KSJrclBweBnOastkYifWUvtjAsGnsJ21OG5mO1XOYCeO8zbZf0tOIiI2sNBCQ-xrYv6txyz02SjDDBKAPFZsON8GZZgd_-ZLETIJMXA

Warning! This recipe is unlike any other! Source: @dan_churchill

Well, we're definitely intrigued... So without further ado, here are the ingredients you need to replicate Dan’s brownies:

1. Baking powder
2. Cacao
3. Olive Oil
4. Egg
5. Vanilla
6. Chocolate pieces
7. Black beans
8. Maple syrup

He begins by adding the maple syrup, vanilla, beans, and olive oil into a blender and mixing them together at full speed.

In a separate bowl, he combines baking powder and cacao before whisking them thoroughly. Next, he adds a flax egg into the bowl, which is made by mixing a tablespoon of flaxseed with two and a half tablespoons of water.

He pours the black bean mixture from the blender and into the bowl before folding it in gently. Don’t forget to top it all off with chocolate nibs!

The celebrity chef then transfers the batter onto a lined baking tray and pops it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Keep an eye on the oven or use the toothpick test to find out if the brownies are cooked perfectly!

bZjOyAWHOBjE8jCLL5NYq6LelA7kCG_8llH2nRTTrVmaoyYFjaI5qt_mm2De3hIl_ejJpbwR2sOz9hhaZhJ9lIIA4puz0OXXvvBkr1_taJcOTmJoCyhXxpFzfJGiLj0kROyj3Ey2c1ShLiXokZnooX54efvnJNSp1BqwA4L0zUL3IUjQa744BBX_zw
23jxavXvTwkuCaIYeYWZm3FTHAtzHs92AzHjuqL7cPKjurqtnsUj15QRj_CBeVXGxtpev87OtyaAqMUGUcL1MCfgS4ClyMPjU1RqU7-Gsn08FVkwd-Til5Cmo43yI3s7X_PMm3Uh8wi-1jwmI_YibwQOWoNIMx3bgMnu3aYOLIUddNxQrbUcoHbOVA

He demonstrated the recipe on TikTok. Source: @dan_churchill

Bon appetit! Move over, avocado brownies. This version is the new talk of the town.

Dozens of users shared mixed reactions about Dan’s secret ingredient, with one saying: 'Adding black beans seems very weird, but you have never steered me wrong.'

'Alright, I need to try this.' another declared.

'Fun fact, any box brownie mix and a can of black beans also work!' a third suggested.

'I like to use sweet potato puree too, it does the same thing.’ one more recommended.

Churchill, who is known as a performance chef, eats and prepares meals that help him maintain his muscular physique. He rose to fame ten years ago when he appeared on MasterChef.

What are your thoughts about this unique brownie recipe? Will you be giving it a go? What’s the weirdest recipe that you’ve ever tried? Share it with us in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: @dan_churchill

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
I'm not keen on adding the beans but adding some cooked mash pumpkin will always make a moist mix of brownies and chocolate cake

Reactions: Ricci
We all love a fresh batch of brownies, right? That rich, chocolatey taste and gooey texture are simply irresistible. Yum!

But what if we told you that there’s another way to take the iconic dessert to a whole new level? And all it takes is one unusual ingredient...Black beans. Yes, you read that right – black beans!

Sounds strange, we know but trust us on this one. These little legumes work wonders in the kitchen and will take your brownies to unexplored heights of deliciousness! Just ask Celebrity Chef Dan Churchill.

The 33-year-old chef recently shared his unique take on Instagram and to say that his fans were shocked is an understatement.

‘I know it sounds weird but trust me, legends. These little weapons of a bean make an epic gooey texture and bring everything together!’ he said.

‘This recipe is so good, it will shock you.’

awi9ZHxzBiJ52pYTT_Ey2YVA7RxMLz3bKW-DpE2JhSC4zNE0gGDOSIN67SICnlwsGfjKuGv7I8AT6SAYLGxGqK9ZsA85bVYqK9c66wAPZdXoLWW1u-idFETKoAFk84T94U1RWmrSHFnTuFtZkcj2fRVnzh2yUokjn6BJTe4vOAILJkjOhVVdGMzbqw
bclisH7kWe9mUpFOPMLzh_uqXfOUbt76i_gOS9U7HSuq0-lSBKGJkl8X5HZbkPzR4FRXYy5LDQFnumbUrl0KSJrclBweBnOastkYifWUvtjAsGnsJ21OG5mO1XOYCeO8zbZf0tOIiI2sNBCQ-xrYv6txyz02SjDDBKAPFZsON8GZZgd_-ZLETIJMXA

Warning! This recipe is unlike any other! Source: @dan_churchill

Well, we're definitely intrigued... So without further ado, here are the ingredients you need to replicate Dan’s brownies:

1. Baking powder
2. Cacao
3. Olive Oil
4. Egg
5. Vanilla
6. Chocolate pieces
7. Black beans
8. Maple syrup

He begins by adding the maple syrup, vanilla, beans, and olive oil into a blender and mixing them together at full speed.

In a separate bowl, he combines baking powder and cacao before whisking them thoroughly. Next, he adds a flax egg into the bowl, which is made by mixing a tablespoon of flaxseed with two and a half tablespoons of water.

He pours the black bean mixture from the blender and into the bowl before folding it in gently. Don’t forget to top it all off with chocolate nibs!

The celebrity chef then transfers the batter onto a lined baking tray and pops it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Keep an eye on the oven or use the toothpick test to find out if the brownies are cooked perfectly!

bZjOyAWHOBjE8jCLL5NYq6LelA7kCG_8llH2nRTTrVmaoyYFjaI5qt_mm2De3hIl_ejJpbwR2sOz9hhaZhJ9lIIA4puz0OXXvvBkr1_taJcOTmJoCyhXxpFzfJGiLj0kROyj3Ey2c1ShLiXokZnooX54efvnJNSp1BqwA4L0zUL3IUjQa744BBX_zw
23jxavXvTwkuCaIYeYWZm3FTHAtzHs92AzHjuqL7cPKjurqtnsUj15QRj_CBeVXGxtpev87OtyaAqMUGUcL1MCfgS4ClyMPjU1RqU7-Gsn08FVkwd-Til5Cmo43yI3s7X_PMm3Uh8wi-1jwmI_YibwQOWoNIMx3bgMnu3aYOLIUddNxQrbUcoHbOVA

He demonstrated the recipe on TikTok. Source: @dan_churchill

Bon appetit! Move over, avocado brownies. This version is the new talk of the town.

Dozens of users shared mixed reactions about Dan’s secret ingredient, with one saying: 'Adding black beans seems very weird, but you have never steered me wrong.'

'Alright, I need to try this.' another declared.

'Fun fact, any box brownie mix and a can of black beans also work!' a third suggested.

'I like to use sweet potato puree too, it does the same thing.’ one more recommended.

Churchill, who is known as a performance chef, eats and prepares meals that help him maintain his muscular physique. He rose to fame ten years ago when he appeared on MasterChef.

What are your thoughts about this unique brownie recipe? Will you be giving it a go? What’s the weirdest recipe that you’ve ever tried? Share it with us in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: @dan_churchill

Not after seeing the dirty filthy baseball cap he was wearing - have we all become Americans! What next don’t we have any Aussie BISCUIT RECIPES

Reactions: Ricci and Thecla
I thought there was a typo, so checked the recipe online. The black beans act like flour.

Reactions: Ricci