Pecan crusted salmon so good for the heart healthy too

Pecan-crusted salmon with cauliflower mash

Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for the structure of the brain and for heart health, too. Give fish a gourmet makeover with a nutty crust and served with 2 vegetables

• 400g Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces (see note)

• 300g cauliflower, cut into florets

• 60ml (1/4 cup) skim milk, warmed

• 60g (1 cup) fresh white sourdough breadcrumbs

• 35g (1/4 cup) pecans, finely chopped

• 2 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley

• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard

• 2 tsp honey

• 4 (about 125g each) skinless salmon fillets

• Olive oil spray

• Steamed green round beans, to serve

• Steamed broccolini, to serve

Cook the potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for 8 minutes or until the potato and cauliflower are tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the milk and coarsely mash.

00:58

How to prepare cauliflower

Learn the best way to prepare cauliflower florets, pan-fry cauliflower steak, make cauliflower rice and roast a cauliflower whole.

View more related videos

• Step 2

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the breadcrumbs, pecan, parsley, mustard and honey in a shallow bowl. Press 1 side of each salmon fillet into breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place salmon on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil. Cook for 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.

• Step 3

Divide mash among serving plates. Top with salmon. Serve with beans and broccolini.

RECIPE NOTES

If Desiree potatoes are unavailable, use Red Delight potatoes. Why salmon: Excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids Provides several B-complex vitamins, as well as vitamins D and E Source of iodine and selenium.

1000023888.jpg
Recipe and image sourced from WowFood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I made this last night and it was sooooo delicious. both my hubby and I loved it!!! The only change I made is that is used Panko breadcrumbs instead of the sourdough bread crumbs. Plus as I only had 2 pieces salmon I have heaps left for another dinner!!! 5 stars for this recipe

Reactions: Babybird
I made this last night and it was sooooo delicious. both my hubby and I loved it!!! The only change I made is that is used Panko breadcrumbs instead of the sourdough bread crumbs. Plus as I only had 2 pieces salmon I have heaps left for another dinner!!! 5 stars for this recipe
So glad you liked it....