Parents share hilarious reasons why their toddlers cried – from the bath being ‘too wet’ to failed attempts of ‘riding the dog’

Parents have long learned to keep an eye out for their children as they are almost always up to no good. While temper tantrums have become a part of every parent’s (and some grandparent's) daily routine, there are particular moments when these emotional outbursts are triggered by ridiculously hilarious reasons.

One dad who previously curated a silly list of reasons that made his son cry, including not letting the dog drive him to daycare, resurfaced in the popular Australian parenting group, Mum Central.

This prompted many more parents to share the funniest reasons why their toddlers got upset – from complaining about the bath being ‘too wet’ to wanting to wear their shoes on the wrong feet.

iqoycA-JH4qn64vHOYfBcGAFQRJsdi_vJx8JzaVLv-HJEEh6ZzqdivO6cccJSIgY5U99HqQQvT5vUNOj7yIioXTBAJh2l7vQqPnbqfej6Ql9QI2Nc5Ys6ubuMyJGS9a5x4OlmOkpSFp-MDdl8CIyCHw

The innocent and hilarious struggles of kids. Source: Cadence Education

'My daughter cried because she doesn't like the feeling of tears in her eyes. A long and vicious cycle.' one mum said.

'The toilet water was too low. Their breakfast was too hot… It was coco pops. They can't have a bath cause the water will melt.' another chimed.

'My 2-year-old started screaming for a dummy at lunch yesterday... He has never had a dummy. Two weeks ago, he woke up and was crying hysterically for 40 minutes because his shoes weren't on when he woke up.' laughed a third.

'She had her shoes on the wrong feet and I asked her to change them. Apparently, she likes them that way,' a fourth responded.

'She did a number two on the toilet and it went too far down – she couldn't see it and wasn’t able to say goodbye before she flushed. Apparently, phantom poo is dramatic.' the user continued.

Many mums and dads had stories about their toddlers being unreasonably fussy eaters to the point where they also refuse to eat what they had specifically asked for.

'I wouldn't give her any ham. I used it all in the ham and cheese toastie that she refused to eat after demanding I make two of them for her lunch.' a user recalled.

'I made my daughter's pizza exactly the way she asked for it but then she hated it.’ another wrote.

TgL_HUpRCVQ2Lkub7o7_q-u991OUKfZq1h0-i4nd61YiN9_dg78FMAPmc6qumWbmmE6V3Pkoyo4RkaoKuB8KeDk8tkx9S_JtntMp_DuI9eR6Cc4-ssOPSnRv6agLEtMV1xcZS04ctDBGgsAVQmTpPys

How dare you hand me what I specifically asked for! Source: PBS

One parent listed a number of reasons why her toddler had an emotional meltdown including because they wouldn't let her eat scraps out of the garbage bin and take a stranger's cat home with them.

'I closed the kitchen cupboard doors on her fingers and she pushed more instead of pulling to release her fingers. I also took the car keys off her for handing them out to strangers at Coles.' a member added.

'He wanted to go home… But we were already in our lounge room,' another commented.

'I wouldn't let him drive to daycare. His milkshake was too cold. The fillet of fish didn't look like a fish. He couldn't ride the dog,' a third shared.

'He wanted to go back for his blue-coloured car that he left at the Bunnings playground... But then when we found it, he decided it was too green and didn't want it. He wanted one more in the colour blue,' a fourth said.

'My toddler got angry that I wouldn't take her head off…. For f***’s sake!' laughed one more.

Ahhh... The bittersweet struggles that every parent has endured. What’s the funniest reason your grandkid threw a tantrum? Share your story with us in the comments! We’d love to hear them.

Try not to laugh at this hilarious compilation of kids throwing tantrums:

Source: Newsflare

Sponsored
When my son was 8 years old he ran away from home one Sunday morning because he didn't want to go to the circus! His Dad found him soon after having his "adventure" so we punished him of course - we took him and his sister to the circus!!
When he asked me to speak at his 30th birthday barbecue I had great delight in telling the story to his friends!! Much hilarity as you can imagine!

My daughter, aged nearly three, had a crying fit for no reason at our front gate one morning. It was so bad Mrs Smith down the road could hear it. Her son, on his way home from buying the paper, had witnessed what happened (nothing) to set her off. When I walked passed Mrs. Smith's house to go to the shop, the normally pleasant lady went inside her house rather than speak to me. Her son explained that she believed that my husband and I had hit our little girl "because no child cries like that unless she's been belted."] In vain he tried to tell her that that wasn't true, but kind Mrs Smith, who'd known me from when I was six, never spoke to me again.

Parents have long learned to keep an eye out for their children as they are almost always up to no good. While temper tantrums have become a part of every parent’s (and some grandparent's) daily routine, there are particular moments when these emotional outbursts are triggered by ridiculously hilarious reasons.

One dad who previously curated a silly list of reasons that made his son cry, including not letting the dog drive him to daycare, resurfaced in the popular Australian parenting group, Mum Central.

This prompted many more parents to share the funniest reasons why their toddlers got upset – from complaining about the bath being ‘too wet’ to wanting to wear their shoes on the wrong feet.

iqoycA-JH4qn64vHOYfBcGAFQRJsdi_vJx8JzaVLv-HJEEh6ZzqdivO6cccJSIgY5U99HqQQvT5vUNOj7yIioXTBAJh2l7vQqPnbqfej6Ql9QI2Nc5Ys6ubuMyJGS9a5x4OlmOkpSFp-MDdl8CIyCHw

The innocent and hilarious struggles of kids. Source: Cadence Education

'My daughter cried because she doesn't like the feeling of tears in her eyes. A long and vicious cycle.' one mum said.

'The toilet water was too low. Their breakfast was too hot… It was coco pops. They can't have a bath cause the water will melt.' another chimed.

'My 2-year-old started screaming for a dummy at lunch yesterday... He has never had a dummy. Two weeks ago, he woke up and was crying hysterically for 40 minutes because his shoes weren't on when he woke up.' laughed a third.

'She had her shoes on the wrong feet and I asked her to change them. Apparently, she likes them that way,' a fourth responded.

'She did a number two on the toilet and it went too far down – she couldn't see it and wasn’t able to say goodbye before she flushed. Apparently, phantom poo is dramatic.' the user continued.

Many mums and dads had stories about their toddlers being unreasonably fussy eaters to the point where they also refuse to eat what they had specifically asked for.

'I wouldn't give her any ham. I used it all in the ham and cheese toastie that she refused to eat after demanding I make two of them for her lunch.' a user recalled.

'I made my daughter's pizza exactly the way she asked for it but then she hated it.’ another wrote.

TgL_HUpRCVQ2Lkub7o7_q-u991OUKfZq1h0-i4nd61YiN9_dg78FMAPmc6qumWbmmE6V3Pkoyo4RkaoKuB8KeDk8tkx9S_JtntMp_DuI9eR6Cc4-ssOPSnRv6agLEtMV1xcZS04ctDBGgsAVQmTpPys

How dare you hand me what I specifically asked for! Source: PBS

One parent listed a number of reasons why her toddler had an emotional meltdown including because they wouldn't let her eat scraps out of the garbage bin and take a stranger's cat home with them.

'I closed the kitchen cupboard doors on her fingers and she pushed more instead of pulling to release her fingers. I also took the car keys off her for handing them out to strangers at Coles.' a member added.

'He wanted to go home… But we were already in our lounge room,' another commented.

'I wouldn't let him drive to daycare. His milkshake was too cold. The fillet of fish didn't look like a fish. He couldn't ride the dog,' a third shared.

'He wanted to go back for his blue-coloured car that he left at the Bunnings playground... But then when we found it, he decided it was too green and didn't want it. He wanted one more in the colour blue,' a fourth said.

'My toddler got angry that I wouldn't take her head off…. For f***’s sake!' laughed one more.

Ahhh... The bittersweet struggles that every parent has endured. What’s the funniest reason your grandkid threw a tantrum? Share your story with us in the comments! We’d love to hear them.

Try not to laugh at this hilarious compilation of kids throwing tantrums:

Source: Newsflare

Well, this explains where all the whinging, sooky younger people came from 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: relljube and Ricci
Oh, come on! This is just very little people trying to make sense of their world! Get a sense of humour! 🤣
Yes agreed. Hey, I'm a parent and was once an angel baby. Or maybe not, according to my mother back in the day! But they should stop carrying on like children when they "grow up". My kids did....mostly! LOL!

Reactions: Ricci
Well, this explains where all the whinging, sooky younger people came from 🤣
I'm with you - how can the parents/grandparents put up with it? It would have sent me mental if my grandkids carried on in this fashion, It is not funny - it is pathetic parenting.

When my twin granddaughters were much much younger, they're in their teens now, and stayed at my place I had a rooster done up for them so they could alternate things each day and night such has having their hair brushed, bath time, teeth cleaning, being tucked into bed, night time kiss and hug etc etc etc. Never had this kind of thing with my children and none of my other grandchildren either but I put it down to the twins believing that if one got everything first they saw it as favoritism to that one and the other one would then say why do you love her more than me. This system worked really really well and had no more tantrums after that.

When my twin granddaughters were much much younger, they're in their teens now, and stayed at my place I had a rooster done up for them so they could alternate things each day and night such has having their hair brushed, bath time, teeth cleaning, being tucked into bed, night time kiss and hug etc etc etc. Never had this kind of thing with my children and none of my other grandchildren either but I put it down to the twins believing that if one got everything first they saw it as favoritism to that one and the other one would then say why do you love her more than me. This system worked really really well and had no more tantrums after that.
Or maybe a roster rather a rooster? 🤣🤣