Parents are raving as Coles rolls out this incredible new feature—see why they're so excited!

The local supermarket is often seen as a mundane part of our weekly routine, but Coles has introduced an exciting new feature in its stores, much to the delight of shoppers.

This innovative addition is designed to enhance the shopping experience for families, especially those with young children.

Parents are already raving about the convenience and fun it brings, making trips to the supermarket more enjoyable for both kids and adults.

As this new feature rolls out across more locations, it’s set to become a beloved part of the Coles shopping experience.

The recent opening of a Coles store in Sydney's Surry Hills Village has introduced a charming addition that's catching the eye of shoppers: child-sized shopping trolleys.

These mini trolleys are giving young ones a chance to be part of the shopping experience, allowing them to push their own carts down the aisles just like mum and dad.

It's a sight that's bringing smiles to faces and making the weekly shop a fun outing for the little ones.

compressed-shutterstock_1504420667.jpeg
Coles’ new inner-city Sydney store features little trolleys for children, which customers love. Credit: Shutterstock

‘I saw two little girls having the best time pushing these trolleys down the aisles. It looked like their parents were giving them items to retrieve from the shelves,’ one local mum shared.

‘I can't wait to bring my son in so he can have a go.’

While the concept of little trolleys for children is a hit in the United Kingdom and has been seen at Bunnings stores across Australia, Coles is now testing the waters with this family-friendly initiative.

Although these trolleys have been spotted in a handful of Coles stores, they haven't become a widespread feature just yet.

The previous Coles store at the Surry Hills Village site, which closed in January 2021 for redevelopment, did not have these mini trolleys, making their introduction a fresh and welcome change for the community.

The response from shoppers has been overwhelmingly positive, with many parents expressing their eagerness to bring their children to the store for a more engaging shopping experience.

However, Coles has remained tight-lipped about whether they plan to roll out these trolleys to more locations, leaving many to wonder if this delightful feature will become a regular sight in stores nationwide.

In addition to the mini trolleys, Coles is also trialling new produce boxes as part of their efforts to enhance the customer experience and address sustainability concerns.

These boxes offer a plastic-free alternative to single-use produce bags, aligning with the growing demand for more eco-friendly packaging solutions.

‘We know our customers want us to provide more sustainable packaging solutions, and this trial offers a plastic-free alternative to fresh produce bags that, if successful, could see a sizeable reduction in the number of plastic produce bags in circulation,’ said Coles Chief Operations and Sustainability Officer Matt Swindells.
Key Takeaways
  • Coles has introduced little trolleys for children at their new inner-city Sydney store, which customers appreciate.
  • The concept of child-sized trolleys is not entirely new but is becoming more prevalent, with Bunnings also offering them.
  • The new Surry Hills Village store is part of a redevelopment and is introducing features not present in the previous Coles at the same location.
  • Coles is trialling the use of reusable produce boxes as a more sustainable alternative to single-use plastic bags for fruit and vegetables.
So, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, what do you think of these new initiatives? Have you seen the mini trolleys in action, or perhaps you've tried out the produce boxes? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
Oh not a good idea 😕 my 3 year old loves the little trolleys at bunnings but trouble is she takes off and my daughter spends her time chasing her while I continue to shop.

Lucky she hasn't run into anyone but I have seen other kids running through the shop bumping into everyone and anything.

We have now banned our granddaughter even when she walks with us it's not a good experience.

I also remember them from years ago.
I just hope the parents watch their little darlings with eagle eyes.
Maybe a chain link between the adult's and child's trolleys would stop mad dashes around the store. Was just about to write the same thing.

Why produce MORE boxes???? They have thousands in the back of the store from delivered products.
Get ready to pay more for kid's trolleys and new boxes instead of recycling the old ones! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scaveola
I remember those from years ago they were a pain in the arse, little kids bashing into everything especially our legs🤬that’s why the supermarkets stopped using them too many complaints.😳 And parents didn’t control their little monsters🤣

Recall them many years ago, so I am torn now. I feel that parents had a bit more control than they have today. As an elderly lady with an assistance dog they are on the dogs level not to mention my poor old knees. Honestly I have been whacked with a proper sized trolley.
Having said that my 4 children loved them and each week one child got the trolley. Could you imagine four rolling down the aisles. lol

I can see an increase in admissions of children to emergency departments of the country's hospitals.

Adults getting cranky with kids buzzing around the aisles will take matters into their own hands.

Carnage in the confectionery aisle!!
😳🤣🤣🤣

I can see an increase in admissions of children to emergency departments of the country's hospitals.

Adults getting cranky with kids buzzing around the aisles will take matters into their own hands.

Carnage in the confectionery aisle!!
Imagine the mess, screaming and breakage in the Toy Aisle!

Last edited: