Palace in talks to axe Prince Andrew and Prince Harry as Counsellors of State — reason behind denial of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee medal revealed

Estranged royals Prince Andrew and Prince Harry are about to face a looming double humiliation as Buckingham Palace officials are currently in talks to remove another of their significant roles, while also denying them Jubilee medals.

iTya10kvSW6BR2sbsj9FNH_rAjGyPO4oD8hGV2g5x0FdP180Dxb90wsGbuTPluggmqlMCk5wuAi4_PF9Bib524K5QhsaAcqZmBv9AYYjKquki-81jYd68o_JFMFo84a7C9N3vuU

Buckingham Palace officials are in talks to remove Prince Andrew and Prince Harry as Counsellors of State, insiders reported. Credit: Reuters/PA.

The Duke of York and Duke of Sussex are still in possession of the role of Counsellors of State.

However, an insider confirmed that officials are now considering taking the role away from Andrew and Harry.

It should be noted that it was stated in the law of the United Kingdom that the Sovereign's spouse and the next four people in the line of succession who are over the age of 21 will fulfil the role of the Counsellor of State.

The Counsellors of State — as appointed by the Letters Patent — represent the Queen in the event that Her Majesty cannot undertake her official duties as Sovereign on a temporary basis due to illness or absence abroad, making the role significant in the British monarchy.

Currently, the Counsellors of State consist of Prince Andrew, Prince Harry, King in waiting, Prince Charles, and second heir apparent, Prince William.

In the event that Andrew and Harry were removed from the role, they will be replaced by Princess Royal, Anne, and the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla.

7IzdNesAZrtDwE3YlgPU1cQ50U3rWRaIXCvUFbw7OK4-RGfmh2B7h_LxgLSYQn3FVQJY9e5kWgGOZ1Xxwzdjls4qBZHlP-C35V2N1x6sjkR-FrFAp2tYpc5t8VBZyGXBuFq-00I
20XD3I3pLCo9_D7meLconMTsDW0nf7Wu6v3DYW8Ysbsq3bjLaFoVecYSguyFPYnYeOixTND3NqV5yv02YVpS_3Yd3RmCy-BBakgT2fk6i9f9FqzUZGY6Sd8yBrElPh4YA4FnzjU

Princess Royal, Anne and Camilla will replace Princes Andrew and Harry in the event that they get removed from their role as Counsellors of State. Credit: Getty/CNN.

Both of the Princes have already been stripped of their royal patronages and military titles by the Queen, along with their honorific handle "His Royal Highness".

Additionally, the Daily Telegraph confirmed that the sixth and ninth-in-line to the throne will be denied of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee medal.

It should be noted that the commemorative medal — which marks the Queen's 70th year on the throne and is going to be awarded on February 6 — will be given to serving members of the Armed Forces, police, fire, emergency and prison services.

Given that Andrew and Harry had their military titles stripped of them, the duo will be treated like all other veterans and will not be eligible for the special medal.

Meanwhile, it was reported that Prince Charles has invited the Sussexes to stay with him in the UK in hopes to see his granddaughter, Lilibet, face-to-face.

Sources close to the royals told the Mirror that Prince Harry and his family has been in a series of "good-natured" calls with Prince Charles in recent months.

wOFc6C2AGcXnxQYwb6HAIUf18QGbGWxf2X5XHwz9qMxRNk3bttyhbeRpaClmWf_pHFLukSkNVOJYtLNjkYIv5whZVss1tJ-S5ordwXe5K1NyTU7CSNiKQxGsOHcj7rO2O222qVQ

Prince Charles reportedly invited Prince Harry and his family to stay with him the UK in a bid to see his new granddaughter, Lilibet. Credit: PA.

Sponsored
How petty! It is more than time the Queen stepped down! The Monarchy is becoming feeble, weak and petty. Andrew is presumed innocent until proven guilty! Harry seems very happy without the titles. It is time

Reactions: Eliza Grant
Disagree with Maritz about the Queen stepping down. You may not want her or Charles as Australia’s head of state, fair enough, but what has that got to do with Andrew & Harry being stripped of their positions as Counsellors of State In Britain? Nothing! As a Brit, I agree with them being removed from the position. Harry is besotted with Meghan, he made a choice to leave Royal life & duties behind. Andrew must stand down from the role because in Royal circles & British culture it is the right thing to do! The queen does not deserve this ongoing heartache at her age. She has been a great SERVANT of Britain & the Commonwealth & she NEVER stands in the way of commonwealth countries becoming INDEPENDENT!!

Disagree with Maritz about the Queen stepping down. You may not want her or Charles as Australia’s head of state, fair enough, but what has that got to do with Andrew & Harry being stripped of their positions as Counsellors of State In Britain? Nothing! As a Brit, I agree with them being removed from the position. Harry is besotted with Meghan, he made a choice to leave Royal life & duties behind. Andrew must stand down from the role because in Royal circles & British culture it is the right thing to do! The queen does not deserve this ongoing heartache at her age. She has been a great SERVANT of Britain & the Commonwealth & she NEVER stands in the way of commonwealth countries becoming INDEPENDENT!!
Prince Harry .. You want to have a foot in both camps...you cannot do it. You chose to step away from your Royal duties and move to America and become a private citizen...end of story. You want security you pay for it whether you live in the States or wherever you travel. Remember your uncle who stepped down as King and went to live in France. That was the end of any privileges.

Palace in talks to axe Prince Andrew and Prince Harry as Counsellors of State — reason behind denial of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee medal revealed

Estranged royals Prince Andrew and Prince Harry are about to face a looming double humiliation as Buckingham Palace officials are currently in talks to remove another of their significant roles, while also denying them Jubilee medals.

iTya10kvSW6BR2sbsj9FNH_rAjGyPO4oD8hGV2g5x0FdP180Dxb90wsGbuTPluggmqlMCk5wuAi4_PF9Bib524K5QhsaAcqZmBv9AYYjKquki-81jYd68o_JFMFo84a7C9N3vuU

Buckingham Palace officials are in talks to remove Prince Andrew and Prince Harry as Counsellors of State, insiders reported. Credit: Reuters/PA.

The Duke of York and Duke of Sussex are still in possession of the role of Counsellors of State.

However, an insider confirmed that officials are now considering taking the role away from Andrew and Harry.

It should be noted that it was stated in the law of the United Kingdom that the Sovereign's spouse and the next four people in the line of succession who are over the age of 21 will fulfil the role of the Counsellor of State.

The Counsellors of State — as appointed by the Letters Patent — represent the Queen in the event that Her Majesty cannot undertake her official duties as Sovereign on a temporary basis due to illness or absence abroad, making the role significant in the British monarchy.

Currently, the Counsellors of State consist of Prince Andrew, Prince Harry, King in waiting, Prince Charles, and second heir apparent, Prince William.

In the event that Andrew and Harry were removed from the role, they will be replaced by Princess Royal, Anne, and the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla.

7IzdNesAZrtDwE3YlgPU1cQ50U3rWRaIXCvUFbw7OK4-RGfmh2B7h_LxgLSYQn3FVQJY9e5kWgGOZ1Xxwzdjls4qBZHlP-C35V2N1x6sjkR-FrFAp2tYpc5t8VBZyGXBuFq-00I
20XD3I3pLCo9_D7meLconMTsDW0nf7Wu6v3DYW8Ysbsq3bjLaFoVecYSguyFPYnYeOixTND3NqV5yv02YVpS_3Yd3RmCy-BBakgT2fk6i9f9FqzUZGY6Sd8yBrElPh4YA4FnzjU

Princess Royal, Anne and Camilla will replace Princes Andrew and Harry in the event that they get removed from their role as Counsellors of State. Credit: Getty/CNN.

Both of the Princes have already been stripped of their royal patronages and military titles by the Queen, along with their honorific handle "His Royal Highness".

Additionally, the Daily Telegraph confirmed that the sixth and ninth-in-line to the throne will be denied of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee medal.

It should be noted that the commemorative medal — which marks the Queen's 70th year on the throne and is going to be awarded on February 6 — will be given to serving members of the Armed Forces, police, fire, emergency and prison services.

Given that Andrew and Harry had their military titles stripped of them, the duo will be treated like all other veterans and will not be eligible for the special medal.

Meanwhile, it was reported that Prince Charles has invited the Sussexes to stay with him in the UK in hopes to see his granddaughter, Lilibet, face-to-face.

Sources close to the royals told the Mirror that Prince Harry and his family has been in a series of "good-natured" calls with Prince Charles in recent months.

wOFc6C2AGcXnxQYwb6HAIUf18QGbGWxf2X5XHwz9qMxRNk3bttyhbeRpaClmWf_pHFLukSkNVOJYtLNjkYIv5whZVss1tJ-S5ordwXe5K1NyTU7CSNiKQxGsOHcj7rO2O222qVQ

Prince Charles reportedly invited Prince Harry and his family to stay with him the UK in a bid to see his new granddaughter, Lilibet. Credit: PA.
Do the Commonwealth serving officers get a medal too?

When we consider the Counsellors of State, I understand why Princess Anne would step up, and wonder why Prince Edward doesn't get a mention. But, by what reasoning does Camilla suddenly stand to be considered for the roll. She caries out her duties as Prince Charles' wife and represents the Monarchy admirably, yet I can not accept her stepping in to represent the Queen in the event that Her Majesty cannot undertake her official duties as Sovereign

I really don’t care what happens,I think the Queen knows what she is doing and no one should question her ability as far as Andrew being not guilty I really think it’s far from the truth,if he had been any sort of man he would have told the truth and not carry on as though nothing happened,he has been caught out and the Queen knows this that why he has been striped of all his duties and so he should be,Harry on the other hand just rubbished all what the Queen had bestowed on him and let Meghan run the show,I believe HRH Queen Elizabeth is just about fed up with all that they are doing,as far as being stupid she has lived & Reigned to long to be taken for a fool,as for Pronce Charles about time he stepped up and get a relationship with Harry as they both need each other, and the children need to know where they come from hopefully Meghan will allow this to happen as she doesnt allow this to happen as she wears the pants,hope it all comes together and finally they all act like adults just for once,the Queen must be sick of what they are doing to Royalty after all the years she has kept it all clean I hope she continues to be head of state, she deserves this from a family that are bringing shame on her life God Bless her always

Prince Harry .. You want to have a foot in both camps...you cannot do it. You chose to step away from your Royal duties and move to America and become a private citizen...end of story. You want security you pay for it whether you live in the States or wherever you travel. Remember your uncle who stepped down as King and went to live in France. That was the end of any privileges.
I couldn't agree more....how many of us decide to leave our old job because we don't like it... but still get paid by the old employer for not showing up at work??? And still get our Christmas bonus and any other work privileges etc that went with the said job???? I think the short answer is 'none of us' would get that or expect it... however a lot of people think Harry should be the first!! I'm all for trimming the royal family down to just the working members (the ones that give speeches, cut ribbons, talk at venues to raise money for some cause or other, etc etc.... the people are getting something for their money.... but a multimillionaire that wants to move to America and not do any of the work.... he'll have to learn to pay his own bills.

I really don’t care what happens,I think the Queen knows what she is doing and no one should question her ability as far as Andrew being not guilty I really think it’s far from the truth,if he had been any sort of man he would have told the truth and not carry on as though nothing happened,he has been caught out and the Queen knows this that why he has been striped of all his duties and so he should be,Harry on the other hand just rubbished all what the Queen had bestowed on him and let Meghan run the show,I believe HRH Queen Elizabeth is just about fed up with all that they are doing,as far as being stupid she has lived & Reigned to long to be taken for a fool,as for Pronce Charles about time he stepped up and get a relationship with Harry as they both need each other, and the children need to know where they come from hopefully Meghan will allow this to happen as she doesnt allow this to happen as she wears the pants,hope it all comes together and finally they all act like adults just for once,the Queen must be sick of what they are doing to Royalty after all the years she has kept it all clean I hope she continues to be head of state, she deserves this from a family that are bringing shame on her life God Bless her always
As you said "Meghan wears the pants" and as long as she controls the kids, Harry will do as he's told, and as long as Harry is doing as he's told, it won't matter what the royal family say to him, Meghan has already made his decision for him.... she wants nothing to do with her own family...and its only the money, titles and whatever else is worth money that she's interested in... she certainly wasn't interested in learning the job of royal duties.... and when you compare her to our Australian Mary who married the crown Prince of Denmark....not only has she learned all their royal duties, but produced 4 children, learned to speak the language fluently and is loved by the nation....Meghan should have taken notes from her book!!