ShimmeringSue

Jul 26, 2024
Painting & Planting , in

Recently forced into retirement after 10 years in visual art related business that didn't survive COVID, the current economic downturn, and rude customers who expect everything for nothing. The downside is that I will be chewing through my super paying business debts and avoiding becoming homeless.

On the positive side, I am finally able to get back in the garden, I am repotting the roses and everything in a pot and generally giving everything green a belated haircut and everything brown a belated trip to the big garden in the sky. Some savvy shopping has me purchasing my first hydroponics system to grow fresh herbs and veges for less than the supermarket charges.

I am determined not to allow chronic pain to prevent me from doing what needs to be done, despite a collagen related disorder that has given me a second cervical disc prolapse, 3 loose teeth, 3 bung ligaments in my knee and a rotator cuff injury in just the last 9 months. No need to go to the doc or physio as this isn't my first rodeo so just managing symptoms until the next body part disobeys me :)

Just gunna keep smiling and creating!!

Hello @ShimmeringSue ! Welcome to the SDC community! It's so wonderful to have you with us, despite the bittersweet circumstances. I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with your business and the health issues that have come your way. It's inspiring, however, to see your resilience and positive outlook shining through. Your attitude towards handling the curves life has thrown at you is truly admirable. It's not easy dealing with chronic pain and such significant life changes, but your determination to keep smiling and creating is heartwarming. If you're ever in need of a light-hearted break, feel free to check out our Jokes & Fun subforum for a good laugh or to share some joy with others. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you and perhaps some beautiful images or stories about your gardening and art projects. Let's keep the positivity blooming! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!