Pack your bags! The ultimate adventure is back on your TV screens

After a hiatus that left many yearning for its unique blend of adventure and exploration, a beloved series is making a grand return to the Seven Network, promising new escapades and a fresh roster of charismatic presenters.

The call of the wild is beckoning once more, and for fans of Australia's iconic travel show, The Great Outdoors, it's time to rejoice!

The Great Outdoors, a staple of Australian television since its inception in 1993, captured the hearts of viewers with its enthralling showcases of both the hidden gems of Australia and the wonders of international travel.

Its absence since 2009 has been keenly felt, but the wait is finally over.

The new iteration of The Great Outdoors will feature a dynamic team of presenters, each bringing their unique flair and expertise to the show.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 10.24.45 AM.png
The Great Outdoors has returned to screens after 12 years. Credit: Seven

James Tobin, Phil Burton, Teigan Nash, Kimberley Busteed, Lee Carseldine, and Chris Parsons are set to guide viewers through a series of breathtaking experiences, from diving in the pristine waters off the Western Australian coast to trekking through the lush forests of Tasmania.

James Tobin, known to many as the Weekend Sunrise weatherman, expresses his excitement about joining the show, ‘I grew up watching The Great Outdoors and still can’t quite believe I’ve now got one of the best gigs on TV as I share these incredibly unique travel destinations with our viewers.’

‘Filming in the United States was a real highlight of this series for me, and I can’t wait to show viewers what we got up to over there.’

Phil Burton, co-founder and member of the renowned pop group Human Nature, bought a wealth of travel experience from touring the world with his music.

‘I’ve travelled the world with my music, but what I realised through filming The Great Outdoors is some of the hidden gems we have right here in Australia,’ he said.

‘Having the opportunity to delve into Western Australia in a way I’d never seen it before was an incredible opportunity, and I couldn’t be more delighted to be part of the show.’

The show's lineup is a veritable who's who of Australian media personalities, each with a rich background in entertainment and adventure.

Kimberley Busteed transitions from pageant queen to outdoor adventurer, while Teigan Nash brings her vibrant energy from her work on Seven’s travel shows.

Lee Carseldine, former professional cricketer and Australian Survivor runner-up, is set to charm audiences with his cheeky humor, and Chris Parsons, an accomplished traveller and TV presenter, will continue to share his passion for exploration.

The show is set to premiere on Saturday, 5 October, at 7 pm AEST on Channel 7 and 7Plus, ready to stream free and reignite the passion for discovery in audiences across the nation.
Key Takeaways

• The travel series The Great Outdoors is returning to the Seven Network, featuring a mix of Australian and international destinations.
  • The show will be hosted by James Tobin, Phil Burton, Teigan Nash, Kimberley Busteed, Lee Carseldine and Chris Parsons.
  • The series promises to bring viewers along on various adventures, including diving, forest trekking, road tripping and mountain scaling.
  • The Great Outdoors initially aired from 1993 to 2009 and is set to premiere its new series on Saturday, October 5 at 7pm AEST on Channel 7 and 7Plus.
Are you excited for the return of The Great Outdoors? What destinations are you hoping to see featured? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
I'm expecting there will be a new USA reality show released soon called,
"THE HAITIANS ARE EATING OUR DOGS, THEY'RE EATING OUR CATS" Starring Donald Trump, JD Vance and the Simpsons.

• Haha
Reactions: PattiB