Our First Ever: Member Spotlight

Warning: Mentions miscarriage.

Today we’re shining the spotlight on member @janj and the story of her marriage.

The tale starts in an expected way, ‘I got married 44 years ago it was lovely but the next day had a miscarriage and all the nurses at the hospital wouldn't believe I got married the day before. [It’s an] unreal and true story.’ We can only imagine the emotional pain after what had started as such a happy week.

@janj was kind enough to provide further information on her marriage.

‘We were born in the same hospital. I am 6 days older than Ed. My uncle and his father did time together, both drunk and tried to rob my uncle's place of work for more money to buy drinks. We weren't born then. We found out when they both came over for my birthday at 22.’

Doesn’t the world work in mysterious ways?!

‘I met up with a friend when I was around 20. She kept complaining to me about this Eddie, how he was always out with her husband and guess what lol we met and went out and are still together after 44 years.’

It’s always the bad boys, eh @janj? We can’t blame you!

‘He took me to America 4 years ago for our anniversary to see Disneyland as I always wanted to go. Here is a pic of our wedding and our 40th anniversary.’

What a gorgeous story of love!

rSiJCe1A-G8h1aNCOhQobV25G457-lJPcD51WuVrLDeBXauV2WMvgCq7O4p1MNoQlbVtmuGrVOY2D2rK5g_X5nxuyvyi97oPRmtdGuMaxPtKRlycjO_45GJ58Nv4qlk4cNKLMfW8iTUidqnogrdlTHyE4s5hTGp6mx2lOy9chco54vjv8wu-aRlO
J-kxGP5-Wet50Oth8hWDmTpLUF28M4p9qHl4hiIdZ9jkS9VpbPzgECm5Fw6DytHfi8iAD7JAInmVGBbX1QbGW7-bxLX4TAJ7tz222b4mVeKz7PmsoeTdpj0G85Xrjdmcf_P404mLrguaF6DzV_1dlDPO_nd-WrHq0hFtO_2iAv1xiWvXOq9KSBho

What absolutely stunning photos! And isn’t @janj such a vision in her wedding dress? You make such a handsome couple.

A huge thank you to member @janj for sharing her story!

Would you like to share yours? Please email us with ‘member spotlight’ in the subject line and we’d love to hear from you.

Sponsored