One-pot Chickpea Curry Recipe

One-pot Chickpea Curry Recipe

chickpea-curry-683x1024.jpeg

Credits: fitfoodiefinds.com
I have to admit, I love a one-pot wonder when I’m feeling lazy to prepare dinner. And if you’re like me, you’ll love this chickpea recipe for lazy nights. Just add the spices to the pot, throw in some coconut cream, and chickpeas, and then let it cook. It’s that simple! So without further ado, let’s start cooking!

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
4 tablespoons lentils
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup of tomato paste
1 cup water
1/2 cup raisins
4 tablespoons coconut cream (you can use coconut milk)
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup of white or brown rice

To serve:

1 handful fresh coriander, chopped, optional

Instructions:

1. Put your rice on (boil, rice cooker, microwave, whatever your preference is)

2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.

3. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and black pepper and cook for another minute.

4. Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.

5. Stir in the raisins, coconut cream, and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.

6. Serve with some chopped coriander on top of a bed of rice.

7. Enjoy!

And voila! You now have a meatless dinner bursting with flavour and packed with veggies! You can add some grilled flatbread on the side if you’re skipping rice. Let us know in the comments section if you give this recipe a go.

Sponsored