Omelette

An omelette with a nice green salad, and a crusty dinner roll.
The omelette contains eggs; cream; cheese; shallots; parsley, thyme; tiny bit of salt & pepper, ( if you wish you may add cooked prawns; diced ham or bacon) I don’t measure anything it all depends on how much I’m cooking on the day, and add everything accordingly. It is simple and tasty, and whipped in minutes.

Sponsored
Great recipe and a very easy n simple meal.
I make a similar recipe and could make it blind folded but people are going to want quantities, and how long do you cook it ect .

Eg if you are using ham or bacon then you need to cook it slightly first . All other items including shallots go in a bowl and whisk for a few minutes until bubbles appear and colour is lighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricki
Yes, omelettes are yummy but I’m sorry - this should not be on the recipe section - it’s not a recipe!! And it’s of no use to anyone who hasn't had experience in making omelettes.
Admin - please stop posting so called “recipes” which don’t give the amounts of each ingredient and the method of preparing the dish - there has been several of these in recent months
Please read before posting and ensure it actually IS a recipe!

Reactions: Reaper123
Yes, omelettes are yummy but I’m sorry - this should not be on the recipe section - it’s not a recipe!! And it’s of no use to anyone who hasn't had experience in making omelettes.
Admin - please stop posting so called “recipes” which don’t give the amounts of each ingredient and the method of preparing the dish - there has been several of these in recent months
😮😮

• Wow
Reactions: Wieso
The omelette contains eggs; cream; cheese; shallots; parsley, thyme; tiny bit of salt & pepper, ( if you wish you may add cooked prawns; diced ham or bacon) I don’t measure anything it all depends on how much I’m cooking on the day, and add everything accordingly. It is simple and tasty, and whipped in minutes.
She said she doesn’t measure anything and neither do I when it comes to omelettes you don’t need to.😍it’s your own preference.😈anything foodie related is fine as far as I’m concerned. Don’t like it scroll past.😹

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybird and Wieso
I've got very similar recipes for omelettes in the recipe / cooking section .omelettes are a great easy meal

Reactions: Irene Anthony
She said she doesn’t measure anything and neither do I when it comes to omelettes you don’t need to.😍it’s your own preference.😈anything foodie related is fine as far as I’m concerned. Don’t like it scroll past.😹
Unfortunately alot of people really don't know how much to add. With omelettes I don't measure either but I have measured when I knew I was going to post a recipe or give a recipe to my daughters .

The Trouble with omelettes they don't turn out if you add too much liquid.

Sadly lot of people can't cook and step by step really helps them.

I sort of have to agree with @HappySoul it maybe shouldn't be in the recipe section.

Reactions: Reaper123
Unfortunately alot of people really don't know how much to add. With omelettes I don't measure either but I have measured when I knew I was going to post a recipe or give a recipe to my daughters .

I sort of have to agree with @HappySoul it maybe shouldn't be in the recipe section.
😢Oh well I admire her for having a crack😍

This is how you cook this omelette and quantity for 2 people .

• 1 tbsp / 15g butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 tbsp cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup grated cheese
  • 1 teaspoon of each of the herbs.
1 . In a bowl beat together eggs, cream salt n pepper and herbs. Beat well until bubbles appear . I usually whisk for 2 to 3 minutes. This is the secret to a light fluffy omelette

2. Stir through shallots and cheese.

3. In a frypan melt butter.

4. Then on medium heat pout egg mixture into frypan . Cook for 1 minute then add lid and turn stove off. Let pan cook on heat remove after 2 to 3 minutes abd omelette will be ready .

Or when you come to step 4 . Cook omelette for 2 minutes then turn over and cook other side for two minutes.

Note; if you are using mushrooms, ham, or prawns cook them slightly in frypan before add egg mixture.

sorry for over taking recipe but I knew people were going to ask.

Great idea for a quick meal though 🙂

Reactions: SandyM
OK where's the recipe?

This is how you cook this omelette and quantity for 2 people .

• 1 tbsp / 15g butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 tbsp cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/3 cup grated cheese
  • 1 teaspoon of each of the herbs.
1 . In a bowl beat together eggs, cream salt n pepper and herbs. Beat well until bubbles appear . I usually whisk for 2 to 3 minutes. This is the secret to a light fluffy omelette

2. Stir through shallots and cheese.

3. In a frypan melt butter.

4. Then on medium heat pout egg mixture into frypan . Cook for 1 minute then add lid and turn stove off. Let pan cook on heat remove after 2 to 3 minutes abd omelette will be ready .

Or when you come to step 4 . Cook omelette for 2 minutes then turn over and cook other side for two minutes.

Note; if you are using mushrooms, ham, or prawns cook them slightly in frypan before add egg mixture.

sorry for over taking recipe but I knew people were going to ask.

Great idea for a quick meal though 🙂
I make omelettes too, but don't add cream. However, that amount sounds good. ;)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I make omelettes too, but don't add cream. However, that amount sounds good. ;)
I make a crazy omelette with shallots, eggs peeled prawns and bean sprouts .

I make small omelettes stacking a few on top of each other. Then I cook a brown sauce made of stock , soya sauce and a little corn flour , I then pour the sauce over the omelettes.
This is definitely a dinner . Maybe I will add recipe later. It taste exactly like the prawn omelettes in a Chinese restaurant but without the price tag

Reactions: Penny4

I fell it’s quite apt being here it’s food related😋where would you lot put it then🤔in the obituaries😹

I fell it’s quite apt being here it’s food related😋where would you lot put it then🤔in the obituaries😹
Maybe The Food and Life style forum. I just think people look in the cooking and recipe section to find out how to make something.
The food and life style is great for a meal idea without the recipe

I make a crazy omelette with shallots, eggs peeled prawns and bean sprouts .

I make small omelettes stacking a few on top of each other. Then I cook a brown sauce made of stock , soya sauce and a little corn flour , I then pour the sauce over the omelettes.
This is definitely a dinner . Maybe I will add recipe later. It taste exactly like the prawn omelettes in a Chinese restaurant but without the price tag
Who would buy an omelette in a Chinese restaurant when there’s so much yummier food.🤔