I'm married to a Greek and I have been cooking Greek food for over 35 years.

I want to share a few traditional yet easy and so delicious recipes with you.

The delicious pairing of tomato and feta into a fritter. Is like a marriage made in heaven

Α deliciously famous appetizer from the island of Santorini. Crunchy and soft, fresh, and full of fresh herbs.

I also serve this as a main with a tossed salad.

I will also add an easy Tzatziki recipe which is the dip in the photo

View attachment 22010

Ingrediants

2 cups chopped ripe tomatoes that have been scraped of the seeds and flesh
1/2 chopped red or brown onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
100g crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp baking powder
Salt (very minimal) and pepper

Extra virgin olive oil for shallow frying or any other frying oil of your choice

1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Initially the mixture will seem dry, continue mixing and the tomatoes will begin to release liquid, enough for the mixture to stick together and a patty can be shaped and formed.

2. Use a heaped tablespoon amount to create a fritter shape in your hands and fry over medium/high heat up approximately 2 minutes in each side or until golden and crispy. Transfer the hot fritters onto a plate with absorbent towels to soak any excess oil. Serve immediately with Tzatziki and enjoy.

Notes: The consistency of the mixture depends on the ripeness of the tomatoes. If the dough is quite wet, add more flour or semolina a tablespoon at a time.

Always fry a test fritter first to check the seasoning.

Do not pre-make the mixture before hand as the tomatoes will continue to release moisture resulting in a very wet batter. The batter should just be holding together.

Makes approximately 20.
These recipes you’re sharing look amazing👏👏👏Unfortunately, I’m only interested in eating them, at this point in my life🍽😋Your husband is a blessed man, Suzanne Rose👸💐

I’m sure his appreciation lies in his staying with you and, hopefully, not complaining at every turn. As they say “Silence is golden”. My husband is also a very quiet man, never complains and does so much for me - I believe that is their way of showing appreciation, even though we may sometimes whinge! We’ve been together well over 50 years now.

I'm married to a Greek and I have been cooking Greek food for over 35 years.

I want to share a few traditional yet easy and so delicious recipes with you.

The delicious pairing of tomato and feta into a fritter. Is like a marriage made in heaven

Α deliciously famous appetizer from the island of Santorini. Crunchy and soft, fresh, and full of fresh herbs.

I also serve this as a main with a tossed salad.

I will also add an easy Tzatziki recipe which is the dip in the photo

View attachment 22010

Ingrediants

2 cups chopped ripe tomatoes that have been scraped of the seeds and flesh
1/2 chopped red or brown onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
100g crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp baking powder
Salt (very minimal) and pepper

Extra virgin olive oil for shallow frying or any other frying oil of your choice

1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Initially the mixture will seem dry, continue mixing and the tomatoes will begin to release liquid, enough for the mixture to stick together and a patty can be shaped and formed.

2. Use a heaped tablespoon amount to create a fritter shape in your hands and fry over medium/high heat up approximately 2 minutes in each side or until golden and crispy. Transfer the hot fritters onto a plate with absorbent towels to soak any excess oil. Serve immediately with Tzatziki and enjoy.

Notes: The consistency of the mixture depends on the ripeness of the tomatoes. If the dough is quite wet, add more flour or semolina a tablespoon at a time.

Always fry a test fritter first to check the seasoning.

Do not pre-make the mixture before hand as the tomatoes will continue to release moisture resulting in a very wet batter. The batter should just be holding together.

Makes approximately 20.
This looks and sounds wonderful. Thank you Suzanne Rose!

This recipe sounds delicious. I did have a chuckle over scraping off all the seeds and flesh. I will be making this using peeled deserved tomatoes. 😄

Reactions: Monmc