'No one knows': Bruce Willis's family 'unsure' about how much time he has left

The world of Hollywood is no stranger to heartbreak, and it seems another beloved star is facing a challenging journey.

Bruce Willis, the iconic movie star, is battling a severe health condition that has left his family uncertain about the future.

The Willis clan, including his wife Emma Heming, ex-wife Demi Moore, and their five children, are rallying around the star, cherishing every moment they have with him.

Bruce Willis, a name synonymous with action-packed blockbusters, was officially diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia at the start of 2023.

This diagnosis came nearly a year after he announced his retirement from acting due to aphasia, a condition that impairs speech and language abilities.

SDC 14.png
Bruce Willis’s family spent Thanksgiving together. Image source: Instagram/@emmahemmingwillis.

Since then, his family has been transparent about his health journey, sharing updates on social media about the Die Hard star's deteriorating condition.

Just recently, a source close to the family recently revealed to US Weekly that Willis's condition has taken a turn for the worse in the past few weeks.

'Bruce has good days and bad days, but in the last two months, there are many more bad days than good,' the source shared.

The uncertainty of the situation has brought the family closer together.

'No one knows how much time Bruce has left, so they're soaking up every moment they get with him,' the source added.

Despite the challenging circumstances, the four-time Golden Globe winner is not alone in his battle.

He has round-the-clock care, and at least one family member is always by his side.

The family recently celebrated Thanksgiving together, with Willis seen beaming in a group photo shared on social media.

Emma Heming-Willis, Willis's wife and mother to their daughters Mabel, 11, and Evelyn, 9, has been open about the struggles of caring for a loved one with dementia.

In an interview, she expressed her guilt over having resources that others in similar situations might not have.

'When I'm able to get out for a hike to clear my head, it's not lost on me that not all care partners can do that,' she said.

Heming also acknowledged the thousands of untold stories of people dealing with similar situations, each deserving of compassion and concern.

She hopes to continue being an advocate for those living her experience, stating, 'I see that what I share matters to others who may be struggling, and in a small way makes them feel seen and understood.'

This news comes after Willis's 29-year-old daughter, Tallulah Willis, shared her family's emotional journey with dementia, from the early warning signs they missed to grappling with the difficult diagnosis.

In an interview with Vogue, Tallulah narrated her father’s FTD symptoms, which inadvertently intertwined with her own mental health struggles.

Willis’s gradual decline in responsiveness was their first clue that something was amiss, but they initially brushed it off as a hearing loss.

You can read more about this story here.
Key Takeaways
  • Bruce Willis’s family is uncertain about 'how much time' he has left as his condition from frontotemporal dementia continues to worsen.
  • Willis was officially diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia in early 2023, nearly a year after announcing his retirement due to aphasia, a condition that affects speech.
  • A source close to the family reports 'there are many more bad days than good' and that the family is rallying around the star, 'soaking up' every moment they can.
  • Emma Heming-Willis, Willis’s wife, has expressed her desire to continue to be an advocate for those also living her experience, recognising the many untold stories of those caring for loved ones with similar conditions.
Have you or a loved one experienced a similar journey? Share your stories and thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
My grandfather had dementia during the last two years of his life, he passes away at 71.

It was very hard for the family and for some strange reason in the end I was the only one he remembered and didn't abuse.

My heart and prayers 🙏 go out to Bruce Willis and his family

My beautiful Uncle M. is deteriorating quite quickly now, after the dementia diagnosis was made around 3 years ago. My darling Aunty J. has grappled with the decision to move him into full-time care these last couple of months. They are both in their 80's and had always enjoyed vigorous, healthy lives. As a close family, it is harder than it might seem to accept that your loved one is drifting further from you. This awful condition, in its many forms, is insidious and cruel. In our case, we are very grateful to have the necessary support that so many do not have access to. Uncle M. is now in care, and Aunty J. lives next door in a retirement village. At least they see each other every day. Love and blessings to all who struggle with the sadness dementia causes 💖🙏

This whole thing is quite nasty. Dad had an aneurysm in October 1983 and never totally recovered. Ended up in aged care, forgot what eating was, lost half of his body mass in two years and fell out of second story window and survived without injury. Beat the hell out of a female nurse and died five days after his 75th birthday.

I saw him a couple of weeks before he shuffled off. He greeted me "Hi there Milton". Who the f**k is Milton? I didn't know. Mum didn't know so it's still a mystery.

I don't mind Bruce Willis. The Die Hard franchise aside, he was in some nice movies such as 12 Monkeys and The Fifth Element. Of course, how could I forget Milla Jovovich! I'm melting into a puddle!
So many good movies that he was in . One that I really liked was Death Becomes Her and how can anyone forget Moonlighting with Cybil Shepherd

The world of Hollywood is no stranger to heartbreak, and it seems another beloved star is facing a challenging journey.

Bruce Willis, the iconic movie star, is battling a severe health condition that has left his family uncertain about the future.

The Willis clan, including his wife Emma Heming, ex-wife Demi Moore, and their five children, are rallying around the star, cherishing every moment they have with him.

Bruce Willis, a name synonymous with action-packed blockbusters, was officially diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia at the start of 2023.

This diagnosis came nearly a year after he announced his retirement from acting due to aphasia, a condition that impairs speech and language abilities.

View attachment 36933
Bruce Willis’s family spent Thanksgiving together. Image source: Instagram/@emmahemmingwillis.

Since then, his family has been transparent about his health journey, sharing updates on social media about the Die Hard star's deteriorating condition.

Just recently, a source close to the family recently revealed to US Weekly that Willis's condition has taken a turn for the worse in the past few weeks.

'Bruce has good days and bad days, but in the last two months, there are many more bad days than good,' the source shared.

'No one knows how much time Bruce has left, so they're soaking up every moment they get with him,' the source added.

Despite the challenging circumstances, the four-time Golden Globe winner is not alone in his battle.

He has round-the-clock care, and at least one family member is always by his side.

The family recently celebrated Thanksgiving together, with Willis seen beaming in a group photo shared on social media.

Emma Heming-Willis, Willis's wife and mother to their daughters Mabel, 11, and Evelyn, 9, has been open about the struggles of caring for a loved one with dementia.

In an interview, she expressed her guilt over having resources that others in similar situations might not have.

'When I'm able to get out for a hike to clear my head, it's not lost on me that not all care partners can do that,' she said.

Heming also acknowledged the thousands of untold stories of people dealing with similar situations, each deserving of compassion and concern.

She hopes to continue being an advocate for those living her experience, stating, 'I see that what I share matters to others who may be struggling, and in a small way makes them feel seen and understood.'

This news comes after Willis's 29-year-old daughter, Tallulah Willis, shared her family's emotional journey with dementia, from the early warning signs they missed to grappling with the difficult diagnosis.

In an interview with Vogue, Tallulah narrated her father’s FTD symptoms, which inadvertently intertwined with her own mental health struggles.

Willis’s gradual decline in responsiveness was their first clue that something was amiss, but they initially brushed it off as a hearing loss.

Key Takeaways

• Bruce Willis’s family is uncertain about 'how much time' he has left as his condition from frontotemporal dementia continues to worsen.
  • Willis was officially diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia in early 2023, nearly a year after announcing his retirement due to aphasia, a condition that affects speech.
  • A source close to the family reports 'there are many more bad days than good' and that the family is rallying around the star, 'soaking up' every moment they can.
  • Emma Heming-Willis, Willis’s wife, has expressed her desire to continue to be an advocate for those also living her experience, recognising the many untold stories of those caring for loved ones with similar conditions.
Have you or a loved one experienced a similar journey? Share your stories and thoughts in the comments below.
My dad passed away from dementia and it was tough for all. But somehow we managed to look after him with love and he appreciated it. Always said “what would I have done without you”. We were blessed to have him around.
Hugs and best wishes to the Willis’ family.

View attachment 36933

Key Takeaways

My sister had the same from a knock on her head we noticed she was forgetting things
went to the bank couldn’t remember her atm number or even account ,lucky one of the tellers knew her ,help change her password so she could withdraw money ,her son came few weeks later ,got her into a nursing home. Near where her sons lived ,12 months later she choked on a piece of bread died from it ,sudden n sad for all of her siblings n 3 sons

My mosaic tutor recently died from a brain aneurysm, laying in a coma for a week before receiving an EEG & having her life support turned off. I wonder if she would have suffered like those poor folk above had she lived.

This has taken the wind out of our sails, no warning & left with only memories & the pleasure of learning from her for 7 years (for me).

Last edited:
This whole thing is quite nasty. Dad had an aneurysm in October 1983 and never totally recovered. Ended up in aged care, forgot what eating was, lost half of his body mass in two years and fell out of second story window and survived without injury. Beat the hell out of a female nurse and died five days after his 75th birthday.

I saw him a couple of weeks before he shuffled off. He greeted me "Hi there Milton". Who the f**k is Milton? I didn't know. Mum didn't know so it's still a mystery.
My sister in laws widowed mum was troubled with dementia….i went with her when she ‘delivered’ her mum to the care home. We tried to make it amusing when we had to take her car keys away……every day for quite a while after, she was sitting in the chair in her room, all dressed with her handbag in her hand , waiting to go home when we visited . It was heartbreaking. My brother in law died unexpectedly….we told her what had happened, but she asked where he was every time we visited so we just lied to her in the end. She loved to eat cakes and sweeties and chocolate and my sister in law indulged her…It was a very quick regression, she forgot how to eat, how to swallow even……she would suck the chocolate but it would just run down her mouth. She was what I call built like an Amazon…..my sister in law told me after a while that she didn’t want me to go with her when she visited because she wanted me to remember her mum as she had been and not what she had become…….if I ever have to go through the guilt she felt and the harrowing experience that she went through, then I hope I have the courage and the fortitude that she, and everyone in her situation must have, to just get through on a daily basis………

View attachment 36933

Key Takeaways

Have you or a loved one experienced a similar journey? Share your stories and thoughts in the comments below
My Mum passed with dementia.
My sister and I shared the care so she had someone there 24/7. She coped as well as she could and only showed distress when she couldn't get the words out when she wanted.
In the end, it was massive strokes that caused our loss. Right to the end, the system looked after her needs very well. Dementia is horrible, but the suffering can be eased with treatment.
Bruce Willis has an amazing network of loved ones around him and I would assume, the best of medical care. These things are a blessing.
I have always liked Willis and his work. How gratifying it must be that the memory of him will live on through his work.

Reactions: Ezzy