Nicolas Cage spotted in local WA grocery—shop owners left thrilled

Supermarkets, while exactly exciting, are undeniably useful and essential—particularly for those of us who frequent them for our weekly grocery shops.

Nevertheless, there are times when even the most ordinary places can transform into something truly special.

This was certainly true for two local shops in Western Australia when a famous Hollywood movie star strolled through their doors recently.

Nicolas Cage, who was spotted just days earlier all the way in Sydney, wasted no time in stocking up on supplies for his stay in Western Australia.

The Hollywood star is Down Under for the filming of his upcoming psychological thriller, The Surfer, set to take place in Margaret River in the coming weeks.

The 59-year-old star was seen grocery shopping with his Japanese wife, Riko Shibata, 28, and daughter ahead of his upcoming stint.

FB resize 147.jpg
Nicolas Cage and his family were seen grocery shopping in Busselton, WA. Image source: Facebook

The couple was seen outside a Woolworths supermarket pushing a trolley full of basic supplies such as potatoes, paper towels, and diapers.

But that wasn’t the only shop they visited.

The couple, casually dressed, also dropped into a local Busselton Asian foods store called Food of Asia, reportedly spending around $400 on Japanese sauces, Korean kimchi, and eggs.

The store’s delighted staff members got photos with the actor and reported on their once-in-a-lifetime experience on the store’s social media account.

‘Nicolas Cage @ Busselton Food of Asia,’ they captioned alongside some photos with the star.

Roberto Archie Riconalla Carampatan, a friend of the shop owners, also posted about Cage's visit to Food of Asia in Busselton.

‘My friends who run Food of Asia at Queen Street, Busselton were ecstatic when a customer came in,’ Roberto wrote.

‘Despite the sunnies and the beard, they recognised an A-list Hollywood actor, Nicolas Cage. Looks like he is here for a shoot!’

He further added that the staff told the star, ‘You look like Nicolas Cage!’ to which he responded, ‘I am!’

In The Surfer, Cage portrays a man returning to his Australian beachside hometown after years in the US.

The storyline unfolds as he faces humiliation in front of his teenage son by a local gang of surfers, sparking a territorial war over the beach.

The film follows months after Cage openly acknowledged starring in several ‘crummy’ box office flops due to financial challenges.

‘I was over-invested in real estate,’ Cage shared with US 60 Minutes in April.

‘It wasn’t because I spent $80 on an octopus. The real estate market crashed, and I couldn’t get out in time. I paid them all back, but it was about $6 million.’

‘No doubt work was always my guardian angel. It may not have been blue chip, but it was still work.’

Nicholas Cage was spotted in a small grocery shop in Western Australia. Video source: The Project

Key Takeaways

• Hollywood star Nicolas Cage was spotted shopping at a Woolworths supermarket in Busselton, Western Australia, ahead of filming his new movie.
  • Cage and his wife Riko Shibata spent $400 at the local Asian store Food of Asia, buying various goods, including Japanese sauces, Korean kimchi, and eggs.
  • The actor posed for photos with delighted employees of the food shop, making a post on the store's social media account.
  • Cage is in Australia to film his upcoming psychological thriller, The Surfer, in the Margaret River in the coming weeks.
Members, who among you here are fans of Nicholas Cage? What movie of his do you love or consider your favourite/s? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Agave and Liag
Sponsored
Supermarkets, while exactly exciting, are undeniably useful and essential—particularly for those of us who frequent them for our weekly grocery shops.

Nevertheless, there are times when even the most ordinary places can transform into something truly special.

This was certainly true for two local shops in Western Australia when a famous Hollywood movie star strolled through their doors recently.

Nicolas Cage, who was spotted just days earlier all the way in Sydney, wasted no time in stocking up on supplies for his stay in Western Australia.

The Hollywood star is Down Under for the filming of his upcoming psychological thriller, The Surfer, set to take place in Margaret River in the coming weeks.

The 59-year-old star was seen grocery shopping with his Japanese wife, Riko Shibata, 28, and daughter ahead of his upcoming stint.

View attachment 32651
Nicolas Cage and his family were seen grocery shopping in Busselton, WA. Image source: Facebook

The couple was seen outside a Woolworths supermarket pushing a trolley full of basic supplies such as potatoes, paper towels, and diapers.

The couple, casually dressed, also dropped into a local Busselton Asian foods store called Food of Asia, reportedly spending around $400 on Japanese sauces, Korean kimchi, and eggs.

The store’s delighted staff members got photos with the actor and reported on their once-in-a-lifetime experience on the store’s social media account.

‘Nicolas Cage @ Busselton Food of Asia,’ they captioned alongside some photos with the star.

Roberto Archie Riconalla Carampatan, a friend of the shop owners, also posted about Cage's visit to Food of Asia in Busselton.

‘My friends who run Food of Asia at Queen Street, Busselton were ecstatic when a customer came in,’ Roberto wrote.

‘Despite the sunnies and the beard, they recognised an A-list Hollywood actor, Nicolas Cage. Looks like he is here for a shoot!’

He further added that the staff told the star, ‘You look like Nicolas Cage!’ to which he responded, ‘I am!’

In The Surfer, Cage portrays a man returning to his Australian beachside hometown after years in the US.

The storyline unfolds as he faces humiliation in front of his teenage son by a local gang of surfers, sparking a territorial war over the beach.

The film follows months after Cage openly acknowledged starring in several ‘crummy’ box office flops due to financial challenges.

‘It wasn’t because I spent $80 on an octopus. The real estate market crashed, and I couldn’t get out in time. I paid them all back, but it was about $6 million.’

‘No doubt work was always my guardian angel. It may not have been blue chip, but it was still work.’

Nicholas Cage was spotted in a small grocery shop in Western Australia. Video source: The Project

Key Takeaways

• Hollywood star Nicolas Cage was spotted shopping at a Woolworths supermarket in Busselton, Western Australia, ahead of filming his new movie.
  • Cage and his wife Riko Shibata spent $400 at the local Asian store Food of Asia, buying various goods, including Japanese sauces, Korean kimchi, and eggs.
  • The actor posed for photos with delighted employees of the food shop, making a post on the store's social media account.
  • Cage is in Australia to film his upcoming psychological thriller, The Surfer, in the Margaret River in the coming weeks.
Members, who among you here are fans of Nicholas Cage? What movie of his do you love or consider your favourite/s? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Love Nicholas Cage movies in particular Moonstruck, Honeymoon in Vegas, Face Off, Con Air & National Treasure movies but my favourites would have to be the Ghost Rider movies.

Reactions: Suzanne rose

View attachment 32651

Key Takeaways

Always liked him in National Treasure