SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

Athena E.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 1, 2023
New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year, members! šŸ„³ Like most people, I'm big on New Year's resolutionsā€”there's just something exciting about a fresh start, eh?

This year, I've decided to add 'Read 10 classic books' as one of my goals. While I've always been a bookworm, I must admit that reading classics can be challenging. Can you recommend some of your favourites?

How about you? Have you set any New Year's resolutions? Share them with us! Let's inspire each other to reach our goals in 2024!

pexels-polina-kovaleva-5717451.jpg
Image Source: Pexels

Hello, @Rosita1950! That's a good one! Maybe I should add 'Get fit' to my resolutions šŸ˜Š

Hello, @April Bradford! 140 books! That's amazing!

So far, I have these on my list:
  1. Crime and Punishment
  2. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Seas
  3. One Hundred Years of Solitude
  4. Orlando
  5. 1984
I'll add Frankenstein! Thanks for the recommendation, April! šŸ˜Š

I love setting goals and systems, whether they're for a new month or a new year! So pardon me if I nerd out a bit šŸ˜…

I believe New Year's resolutions would be achievable if we take small, actionable steps, a.k .a. creating habits! As they say, 'It's not the destination, it's the journey.'

That's why every year, I reflect on the things I'm thankful for in the previous year, identify my values/priorities, and set my intentions, so I can get a clear vision of how I want my 2024 to be like!

I have laid down my goals for 2024, but I have not yet written in detail how I could achieve them, as I need more time to reflect (probably I'll do this over the weekend!):
  • Save more money for my emergency fund šŸ’µšŸ’ø
  • Graduate from law school this year šŸ‘©šŸ»ā€šŸŽ“
  • Continue to incorporate minimalism in my life (not just physical decluttering, but even emotional and digital decluttering šŸ˜Š) šŸƒ
  • Learn more coffee recipes! ā˜•ļø

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year, members! šŸ„³ Like most people, I'm big on New Year's resolutionsā€”there's just something exciting about a fresh start, eh?

This year, I've decided to add 'Read 10 classic books' as one of my goals. While I've always been a bookworm, I must admit that reading classics can be challenging. Can you recommend some of your favourites?

How about you? Have you set any New Year's resolutions? Share them with us! Let's inspire each other to reach our goals in 2024!

View attachment 38531
Image Source: Pexels

My new Year Resolution is to have more fun šŸ˜

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos